• Not enough time yet to decide

Votes: 44 26.3%

• Total voters

King Checkmate

uɐlop sı ʎllɐnʇɔɐ
huge?

ok pic incoming
IT IS huge. If you think of it:
-Jd3 now has a lot less of ''damage space'' than it had before.
-his character HITBOX hasnt changed at all, this means attacks like ''Lanterns might'' still grab him mid air almost everywhere ( even when ½+ of Doomsday's body is behind him) he still gets caught, making it a little reward high risk move now.

Before his hitbox was huge and could be caught in moves like that but at the same time with any part of his body that he hit he could get in combo.
It might sound like it was ''nothing'' ,but bro...it IS a big deal...

Not to mention the fact than when he has trait up his MB moves LOOSE armor and characters like superman and bane can still break it....

Not saying doomsday is BAD, on the contrary i feel he's a fun/powerful character but not OP. So why nerf him?

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Hey guys, were you aware that NRS developed this game? :eek:

Go play Virtua Fighter. NRS...balance...LOL.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Disclaimer: This is going to be a very long theory-fighter post, wherein I will hopefully lower Doomsday's placement on the current community Tear List. I realize most people here probably have never read one of my in-depth breakdown style posts, so I just wanted to clarify that in the harsher bits of what I'm about to say, I'm not trying to be an asshole and nothing is directed to any one person specifically; "It's just the way I talk!"

I'm going to respectfully disagree here by stating that Doomsday's trait is NOT broken. I actually believe it's one of his weaker tools, and could use a buff.

First, let's look at what it does:

- Gives Doomsday Stoneskin for a limited time. When stoneskin is up, Doomsday cannot be knocked down or launched, or hit by something that will lead to either of those states (throws).

Then, let's examine its uses:

- Activating when being zoned makes it easier to "plow through" said zoning and get in
- Forces your opponent to change their offense since certain normally safe moves on hit are now punishable

The first usage is self-explanatory. If you're getting zoned hard, trait up and try to close the gap.

I keep seeing people refer to it as "armor." Simply put, that is not true, or at the very least a misleading or poor usage of the terminology. You know what the major distinction between actual armor and Doomsday's trait is? Real armor is not interruptible. If you MB b3 and someone hits you, your b3 still happens. With Doomsday, your attack is immediately stopped and you recoil in a brief hitstop animation. Now, this can be a good thing for Doomsday in that he can punish moves that are normally not punishable. For example, if his opponent uses something that would normally be very plus on hit but with a long recovery animation, DDay's short recoil animation will recover before their move's entire animation, letting him get a nice punish.

If you were to stop after those two points, then yes, it would probably seem pretty broken. But did you realize what we did not just cover? Its downsides:

- The trait lasts 5 seconds, takes 15 to recharge. The absolute maximum you can use it in a match is 5 times (99 seconds plus a few for the round transition, which counts toward resetting trait timers), and once you're in, you're probably not going to be riding that timer hard enough to get all five potential uses, if the match even goes that far. Realistically, you're probably looking at 2-3 uses per match.
- The trait has poor startup time. Doomsday has trouble creating enough breathing room to apply the trait against a player applying tight offense pressure, including zoning.
- Doomsday takes full damage from all non-blocked hit while trait is up.
- The recoil can be combo'd from, meaning if you hit him with fast or multihit moves just as his trait wears off, you get a full length, full damage combo.
- Doomsday cannot use real armor during his trait--for example, hitting him out of MB Venom will interrupt and cause the recoil instead of him absorbing the attack and continuing the Venom.
- Stoneskin is vulnerable to supers.
- In the Superman matchup specifically, Superman's moves performed while his strength boost os active will break Doomsday's stoneskin, greatly impairing its usefulness.

Now that its weaknesses have been explained, let's reflect on WHY the advantages granted are necessary, albeit with the heavy restrictions above:

- Doomsday is a pure rush down character--he MUST get in to run his gameplan (knockdown > oki > put them in the meat grinder, possibly corner pushing first for added effectiveness). At full screen he has nothing but MB Supernova, an overrated and easily punished gimmick. He has no other way to deal with good projectiles aside from jumping them, but his jump is slow and floaty, making him anti-air bait or causing him to fall onto another projectile. His forward dash covers great range, but the animation itself is lengthy and DDay is vulnerable (at least until the hop is completed, at which point he could jump cancel). A smart player will merely poke you out of it as you dash in, or even worse, coerce you into dashing in for that very reason--Pig can be seen doing this to me in the later portion of our BnB sets, where he would intentionally bait me into dashing forward, then hit me out of it with Sinestro's standing 3 (I might be wrong on the move name here; it was the upward axe swipe normal).

Got all that? Good. If you didn't, re-read everything so this next part will make sense:

Doomsday's trait isn't broken, but 99% of Injustice players are not dealing with it correctly.

Doomsday's full screen. You're zoning him and he traits up. What do you do? Actually, we don't have to web explore that hypothetical since I main Doomsday and have seen what many players do in that very situation. They either:

- Keep throwing the same projectile like I DIDN'T just activate a trait whose very purpose is to marginalize those

- Pushblock. Since Stoneskin negates this, they just threw away a bar.

- Hold up back and jump away like morons, which of course I have no problem with since I can take my pick of MB b3/jd3/Venom/Up Venom/Supernova/Super anti-air

- Think "TIME TO GO ALL OUT" and go straight into a heavy-hitter string, handing me 40% + corner carry on a silver platter when I block or recoil through it

- Use some big special for the same reason I just mentioned with the same result

- Ignore it completely and fight as if the trait isn't up, at which point I ignore that they're a human opponent and treat them like a training dummy

- Ragequit... lol.

However, all of that is merely what most players do. What some players do is realize doing any of that is giving me a free pass to slaughter them, so instead they do one or more of the following:

- Turtle or play keep away long enough for the trait to wear. They only have to do this for a whole 5 seconds. At the very least, they can stall and make me waste some of that 5 seconds. Note: this does NOT mean jump away when in my anti-air range. Try back dashing or using an evasive special move that won't easily be Venom'd.

- If I do close the gap, they man up and block it out, then escape or push me away so I'm back at step one (or maybe step zero since now I have to wait 15 seconds to use my trait for another attempt).

- d1 or another quick move. Doomsday's fastest normal is his own d1 at 7f. Many other characters have faster normals; using them will hit me out of whatever I'm doing and force me into recoil. This makes a typical d1 very effective at shutting down DDay's momentum once he's traited and in.

- Wait for me to do anything, then super. Remember what I said about his forward dash?...

- Use a quick multihit move or string to keep me locked in recoil until the trait is over. MB Gatling Gun with Green Lantern is great at this. Bonus: if you do this just before the trait wears, you might be able to pick up a combo by continuing it out of Doomsday's recoil!

- Before I can even get Stoneskin up, they hit me out of its startup. A really easy way to do this is to pay attention to when the Doomsday is using trait. Example: notice him immediately traiting after a blocked projectile full screen? MB it next time to hit him during startup.

To summarize: Again, Doomsday's trait is not broken. What's broken, in the sense that it doesn't function as it should, is the mindset of so many players who refuse to theorize or experiment with counterstrategies knee-jerk reacting and claiming "Well since I can't get around it, CLEARLY the mechanic or move is overpowered." Doomsday's trait isn't overpowered--you are underpowered.

The counters above are what smart players do, but it's what ALL players should do. Just because someone thinks playing a game at high level doesn't mean figuring out and adapting to their opponent's varied strengths and weaknesses, but instead shining the Nerf Signal in the skies above Netherrealm City, doesn't mean their strategy or move is broken--it means you aren't even experienced enough yet to make that judgement. "Broken" is a term applied to moves or strategies which have zero/very minimal drawbacks or counter strategies, not something you're too lazy to realize you can spam d1 against.
can u come to Reno_Racks house tomorrow night 5-12?

Ronald_A_Knox

Clipeum Aurea
Them Doomsday dick pics? :O
Yup, them Doomsdays showing off their doomsdays :D

I am kinda biased and salty i have to react on his stupid splash with a command dash, while the rest of the cast doesn't have to, so i won't comment on Doomsday proper.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Yup, them Doomsdays showing off their doomsdays :D

I am kinda biased and salty i have to react on his stupid splash with a command dash, while the rest of the cast doesn't have to, so i won't comment on Doomsday proper.
You're mad for getting better when everyone else has to dash? :p

Wrenchfarm

Lexcorp Proprietary Technologies
Disclaimer: This is going to be a very long theory-fighter post, wherein I will hopefully lower Doomsday's placement on the current community Tear List. I realize most people here probably have never read one of my in-depth breakdown style posts, so I just wanted to clarify that in the harsher bits of what I'm about to say, I'm not trying to be an asshole and nothing is directed to any one person specifically; "It's just the way I talk!"

I'm going to respectfully disagree here by stating that Doomsday's trait is NOT broken. I actually believe it's one of his weaker tools, and could use a buff.

First, let's look at what it does:

- Gives Doomsday Stoneskin for a limited time. When stoneskin is up, Doomsday cannot be knocked down or launched, or hit by something that will lead to either of those states (throws).

Then, let's examine its uses:

- Activating when being zoned makes it easier to "plow through" said zoning and get in
- Forces your opponent to change their offense since certain normally safe moves on hit are now punishable

The first usage is self-explanatory. If you're getting zoned hard, trait up and try to close the gap.

I keep seeing people refer to it as "armor." Simply put, that is not true, or at the very least a misleading or poor usage of the terminology. You know what the major distinction between actual armor and Doomsday's trait is? Real armor is not interruptible. If you MB b3 and someone hits you, your b3 still happens. With Doomsday, your attack is immediately stopped and you recoil in a brief hitstop animation. Now, this can be a good thing for Doomsday in that he can punish moves that are normally not punishable. For example, if his opponent uses something that would normally be very plus on hit but with a long recovery animation, DDay's short recoil animation will recover before their move's entire animation, letting him get a nice punish.

If you were to stop after those two points, then yes, it would probably seem pretty broken. But did you realize what we did not just cover? Its downsides:

- The trait lasts 5 seconds, takes 15 to recharge. The absolute maximum you can use it in a match is 5 times (99 seconds plus a few for the round transition, which counts toward resetting trait timers), and once you're in, you're probably not going to be riding that timer hard enough to get all five potential uses, if the match even goes that far. Realistically, you're probably looking at 2-3 uses per match.
- The trait has poor startup time. Doomsday has trouble creating enough breathing room to apply the trait against a player applying tight offense pressure, including zoning.
- Doomsday takes full damage from all non-blocked hit while trait is up.
- The recoil can be combo'd from, meaning if you hit him with fast or multihit moves just as his trait wears off, you get a full length, full damage combo.
- Doomsday cannot use real armor during his trait--for example, hitting him out of MB Venom will interrupt and cause the recoil instead of him absorbing the attack and continuing the Venom.
- Stoneskin is vulnerable to supers.
- In the Superman matchup specifically, Superman's moves performed while his strength boost os active will break Doomsday's stoneskin, greatly impairing its usefulness.

Now that its weaknesses have been explained, let's reflect on WHY the advantages granted are necessary, albeit with the heavy restrictions above:

- Doomsday is a pure rush down character--he MUST get in to run his gameplan (knockdown > oki > put them in the meat grinder, possibly corner pushing first for added effectiveness). At full screen he has nothing but MB Supernova, an overrated and easily punished gimmick. He has no other way to deal with good projectiles aside from jumping them, but his jump is slow and floaty, making him anti-air bait or causing him to fall onto another projectile. His forward dash covers great range, but the animation itself is lengthy and DDay is vulnerable (at least until the hop is completed, at which point he could jump cancel). A smart player will merely poke you out of it as you dash in, or even worse, coerce you into dashing in for that very reason--Pig can be seen doing this to me in the later portion of our BnB sets, where he would intentionally bait me into dashing forward, then hit me out of it with Sinestro's standing 3 (I might be wrong on the move name here; it was the upward axe swipe normal).

Got all that? Good. If you didn't, re-read everything so this next part will make sense:

Doomsday's trait isn't broken, but 99% of Injustice players are not dealing with it correctly.

Doomsday's full screen. You're zoning him and he traits up. What do you do? Actually, we don't have to web explore that hypothetical since I main Doomsday and have seen what many players do in that very situation. They either:

- Keep throwing the same projectile like I DIDN'T just activate a trait whose very purpose is to marginalize those

- Pushblock. Since Stoneskin negates this, they just threw away a bar.

- Hold up back and jump away like morons, which of course I have no problem with since I can take my pick of MB b3/jd3/Venom/Up Venom/Supernova/Super anti-air

- Think "TIME TO GO ALL OUT" and go straight into a heavy-hitter string, handing me 40% + corner carry on a silver platter when I block or recoil through it

- Use some big special for the same reason I just mentioned with the same result

- Ignore it completely and fight as if the trait isn't up, at which point I ignore that they're a human opponent and treat them like a training dummy

- Ragequit... lol.

However, all of that is merely what most players do. What some players do is realize doing any of that is giving me a free pass to slaughter them, so instead they do one or more of the following:

- Turtle or play keep away long enough for the trait to wear. They only have to do this for a whole 5 seconds. At the very least, they can stall and make me waste some of that 5 seconds. Note: this does NOT mean jump away when in my anti-air range. Try back dashing or using an evasive special move that won't easily be Venom'd.

- If I do close the gap, they man up and block it out, then escape or push me away so I'm back at step one (or maybe step zero since now I have to wait 15 seconds to use my trait for another attempt).

- d1 or another quick move. Doomsday's fastest normal is his own d1 at 7f. Many other characters have faster normals; using them will hit me out of whatever I'm doing and force me into recoil. This makes a typical d1 very effective at shutting down DDay's momentum once he's traited and in.

- Wait for me to do anything, then super. Remember what I said about his forward dash?...

- Use a quick multihit move or string to keep me locked in recoil until the trait is over. MB Gatling Gun with Green Lantern is great at this. Bonus: if you do this just before the trait wears, you might be able to pick up a combo by continuing it out of Doomsday's recoil!

- Before I can even get Stoneskin up, they hit me out of its startup. A really easy way to do this is to pay attention to when the Doomsday is using trait. Example: notice him immediately traiting after a blocked projectile full screen? MB it next time to hit him during startup.

To summarize: Again, Doomsday's trait is not broken. What's broken, in the sense that it doesn't function as it should, is the mindset of so many players who refuse to theorize or experiment with counterstrategies knee-jerk reacting and claiming "Well since I can't get around it, CLEARLY the mechanic or move is overpowered." Doomsday's trait isn't overpowered--you are underpowered.

The counters above are what smart players do, but it's what ALL players should do. Just because someone thinks playing a game at high level doesn't mean figuring out and adapting to their opponent's varied strengths and weaknesses, but instead shining the Nerf Signal in the skies above Netherrealm City, doesn't mean their strategy or move is broken--it means you aren't even experienced enough yet to make that judgement. "Broken" is a term applied to moves or strategies which have zero/very minimal drawbacks or counter strategies, not something you're too lazy to realize you can spam d1 against.
Hum, even with the weaknesses you list, I think you've still just described an incredibly powerful tool, maybe too powerful.

I can see where maybe fast characters with multi-hit moves could flinch-lock him. That's reasonable. MBing projectiles to knock him out of the start up? Ehh, that depends on the character and projectile, many can't do it at all and even fewer could do it on reaction after noticing a block and the initial start up of the trait, not even sure who to be honest.

What can Lex do against it? I'm asking earnestly. His combos are too slow to flinch DD, he has no MBable projectile to knock him out (well probes might, but that would be the DD player using the trait at a dumb time). He can D1 spam with the best of them, but I don't think DD activating trait should mean every other character has to go on panic lockdown mode of mashing low.

Comparing Lex's trait, he can activate a single hit of super armour after a significant animation, with a very short duration off lv 1 trait. He has to secure a solid combo/knockdown or good probe/mine defence to set it up, and even with the dash cancel it can still be tricky to get it all the way up to lv 3 (still only a single hit, but no damage taken and longer duration). All that work to get an inferior version of what DD gets for free? Seems a little out of whack.

I don't want to see DD nerfed into the ground, and I can understand why a close range rushdown character needs an ability to help get in, but it still seems pretty damn good compared to most other traits. A lot of advantage for a single button press.

YOMI Reno_Racks

I have a dream...
there are 11 characters off the top of my head who counter AM's trait. Thats not the definition of "get out of jail free".

The correct way to adjust Batman's trait is NOT a charge like Sinestro, its adjust the cool down per bat so that it takes more time before Batman can summon a bat after using them all.

The correct way to adjust AM's trait isn't to disable it after he uses it, its add cool down to it. It has an 8 second cool down, double the cool down on it.

HOWEVER... if you nerf these 2 traits, how about Superman.. Fine is it? 70-100% combos, breaks armor including supers.... AAAAAND, he ALWAYS seems to have it when he hits you for those safe, game ending corner combos.

IMO, people should stop crying for nerfs and think positive. How about for buffs that are reasonable?

Sinestro - How about LESS charge time? Also, How about his trait not leaving after clashes, supers, and transitions?

Bane - How about he has a dash like Doomsday when he is level 3? How about his downtime and down side effects are all like his level 1.

I want you all to realize something... This time around, IF you all get the 99999999999999999999999999999999999999999 nerfs you want, if there ends up being a "Kabal" character... it will be because YOU asked for it.
Dammit man, I hate when someone says everything I wanted to say before I could say it. I have been saying the same exact thing about Batman, Aquaman and Sinestro's traits it's friggin weird. Anyway I agree 100%. It's not gonna take any major changes to bring a little balance just minor tweaks like these:

Joker: Ha lasts the rest of the fight

Cat woman: Combo does 38% like a good super move and adds 14% to bnbs

Doomsday Aquaman and Superman: Cool down time doubled

Ares: weapons don't disappear when hit, that's just dumb

Cyborg: Increase amount healed so it's significant

Lobo: Give the main man 3 shots and slightly shorten the charge time. He needs it

Flash: Trait also increases his chip damage so he can use it outside of combos

Lex: Trait might be ok but his projectile damage should be higher

Nightwing and Green Lantern: Wouldn't change a thing. These are solid characters that are not op.

Sinestro: Trait should charge faster and not go away after a clash. That' retarded. Or allow him to charge each one like bats.

Batman: Increase cool down for each bat and/or make him have at least 2 bats before he pulls them out

These are the only traits I've though about really so that's all I got.

I think it's a pity that some characters don't even use their traits in many matches, while others use their power two or three times per round!
A good example would be Doomsday VS Deathstroke. I've seen so many Doomsdays using their trait as often as they can (duh, obviously), while Deathstrokes have a trait, yet never press the button, because it's very sub-optimal.
I don't know if the Deathstrokes are missing good opportunities by not using the trait, or if the trait is simply a waste anyway, which is a pity for sure.

Pig Of The Hut, REO & Tom Brady, do you think that Deathstrokes trait needs a buff to be more viable, or is good as it is and Deathstroke players should start going after it and including it into their gameplan?

Ronald_A_Knox

Clipeum Aurea
do you think that Deathstrokes trait needs a buff to be more viable, or is good as it is and Deathstroke players should start going after it and including it into their gameplan?
Don't touch Deathstroke. Just... just don't. That is my opinion. Let him be, any tampering with his trait will cause unforseen consequences, his issue is sensitive as it is.

Justice

Noob
Granted, I haven't played around with too many characters and don't fully understand a few of them, I still think it's a touch early to start asking for adjustments. Let's take a little bit more time to figure out ways around these traits (or through them ;)).

I do have to agree with Harley's being made useless by the insane startup. I understand that it is a potentially powerful thing but the player has no control over what Harley gets on top of the telegraphing animations plus the cooldown on the trait activation itself. Seems a little unfair to me.

Cooldowns on some traits do seem a little short on some abilities (Aquaman, Superman) but I also don't know these matchups very well. I don't agree with Batman's cooldown being too short; it just seems like it since people realized they didn't have to wait for all 3 bats to recharge before re-using the trait.

AssassiN

Noob
My personal opinion, charcters like nightwing where his power handicaps him where can't even fucking jump, and the characters like Grundy who if used correctly can enable 60% grab which is unclashable, load of shit in my opinion

Check my channel out for combo videos ranked matches montages and more http://www.youtube.com/user/TequilaMockingburd
Looks you underestimate the power of staff stance heavily, the fact that his jumps are so low is a strength and a weakness. Allows him to quickly continue his pressure of a jump and AA people with ease.

If you are talking about avoiding projectiles and interactibles you're going to need to use his special moves. His Flying Grayson allows him to travel almost full screen very fast and get close for a punish if you read the interactable correctly. If you need to jump over projectiles and other certain interactables, change into his Escrima and cancel the change into Flipkick.

Hum, even with the weaknesses you list, I think you've still just described an incredibly powerful tool, maybe too powerful.

I can see where maybe fast characters with multi-hit moves could flinch-lock him. That's reasonable. MBing projectiles to knock him out of the start up? Ehh, that depends on the character and projectile, many can't do it at all and even fewer could do it on reaction after noticing a block and the initial start up of the trait, not even sure who to be honest.

What can Lex do against it? I'm asking earnestly. His combos are too slow to flinch DD, he has no MBable projectile to knock him out (well probes might, but that would be the DD player using the trait at a dumb time). He can D1 spam with the best of them, but I don't think DD activating trait should mean every other character has to go on panic lockdown mode of mashing low.

Comparing Lex's trait, he can activate a single hit of super armour after a significant animation, with a very short duration off lv 1 trait. He has to secure a solid combo/knockdown or good probe/mine defence to set it up, and even with the dash cancel it can still be tricky to get it all the way up to lv 3 (still only a single hit, but no damage taken and longer duration). All that work to get an inferior version of what DD gets for free? Seems a little out of whack.

I don't want to see DD nerfed into the ground, and I can understand why a close range rushdown character needs an ability to help get in, but it still seems pretty damn good compared to most other traits. A lot of advantage for a single button press.
I mentioned MB projectile as a simple example and said so in that same sentence. Several other options are covered in the post.

But it seems your post is mostly devoted to complaining about Lex's trait though, which I fail to see how Stoneskin relates to at all. Wouldn't it make more sense to ask for Lex's trait to be buffed instead of essentially saying "my character's trait sucks, therefore someone else's trait needs to suck too?"

TimTim

Don't Hate
Lobo's trait is stupid bad.
Black Adam gets a 23% throw and we get like 13 or 16 or some shit?
Either give it more rounds, way more damage, or best of all extremely fast startup allowing mid combo.
Nightwing's is awesome not broken by any means. Same with GA but kinda sucks getting only 1 ice arrow. Electric arrow should be better, maybe adding some more hitstun to allow more combos. Don't give it as much advantage as ice but give us the ability to tightly b.3 without needing to juggle.

Wrenchfarm

I mentioned MB projectile as a simple example and said so in that same sentence. Several other options are covered in the post.

But it seems your post is mostly devoted to complaining about Lex's trait though, which I fail to see how Stoneskin relates to at all. Wouldn't it make more sense to ask for Lex's trait to be buffed instead of essentially saying "my character's trait sucks, therefore someone else's trait needs to suck too?"
Well lets try again.

Please tell me what Lex should do against DDs trait.

As for nerfing DD or buffing Lex, I didn't say anything either way. This thread is about trait balance and I compared two traits with a similar purpose but a gulf of usability. That is an issue at the heart of balance.

King Checkmate

uɐlop sı ʎllɐnʇɔɐ
Well lets try again.

Not let him activate it?
With a heavy zoner like lex and taking in consideration the 1.5-2 seconds it takes to activate it...Lex is a heavy zoner, if used correctly , doomsday SHOULD'T have a second to activate trait, all his time should go into trying to get in....
unless he connects a string like f23~4 that is...

characters with fast projectiles own a slow activation trait like DD's....

Wrenchfarm

Not let him activate it?
With a heavy zoner like lex and taking in consideration the 1.5-2 seconds it takes to activate it...Lex is a heavy zoner, if used correctly , doomsday SHOULD'T have a second to activate trait, all his time should go into trying to get in....
unless he connects a string like f23~4 that is...

characters with fast projectiles own a slow activation trait like DD's....
Of course the best defence is to make sure he never gets an opportunity, and that is a legitimate step to handling DD. But I would also like some advice for what to do after he scores a knockdown and traits up.

Also, I think Lex's rep as a "heavy zoner" is a bit off. He controls space well with his traps, but his actual projectile game is pretty weak. Staff bolt is slow to start up, slow to travel, and can't be MBed - not a great projectile for stuffing a trait start up across the screen. Probes can't be used to stuff it, having them out might help prevent the DD player from trying trait though. Mine and orbital laser are not helpful in that way.

He has lots of ranged space controlling attacks, but he isn't able to just toss stuff out on reaction like Sinestro or DS. If anything Corp Charge would probably be his best bet if DD tries to trait up mid-screen or near a close knockdown.

Well lets try again.

As for nerfing DD or buffing Lex, I didn't say anything either way. This thread is about trait balance and I compared two traits with a similar purpose but a gulf of usability. That is an issue at the heart of balance.
Several other options are covered in the post.
You said yourself he can d1 with the best of them. And even if he couldn't, you could always, I don't know... Block? I mean, oh no, it's a situation in a where Lex is at a slight disadvantage! You're acting like that one disadvantageous situation is enough to even begin discussion of nerfs or heavy-handedly altering a character, but it's not. "You know what I normally see those instances referred to as? A bad matchup," is what I would say, but that's hardly even enough by itself to make the matchup bad.

I actually really hope NR does not take this thread into consideration or at least with a huge heaping of salt (pun intended). Both the severity of strong or weak traits is being greatly overexaggerated, as well as the suggested "fixes" for things that aren't broken.

I mean, you're acting like him traiting up is instant death or totally inescapable. Even if it caused him to invincibly teleport right next to you, you still have to let him open you up, which is something his trait helps him with in no way whatsoever. Hell, you could even trait up yourself when you see him trait up, since even a single hit of armor would make it easier to poke out.

Level up your defense.