Votes: 94 56.3%
  • No

Votes: 29 17.4%
  • Not enough time yet to decide

Votes: 44 26.3%

• Total voters

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Outside of a few problems, Bane's moveset is fine. The only major woe is lack of any means of dealing damage outside of f.2 distance. That's about it. His normals are great, fantastic even.

Venom makes the character. Venom is broken in a bad way, so Bane is broken in a bad way. You don't need to argue this further, but the characters that for sure need a trait change(Harley, IMO Joker, who else would need one?) are still better as characters in general and they don't rely on their trait to do damage, get past zoning or heavy keepaway, and aren't crippled when they use it, even if they use it well. That's all.

Let's talk about a different character.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
I'm curious to see how Harley's trait can be balanced. I don't see it ever being useful and I doubt NRS will spend the time to put a new one in completely.

I mean, they could do something about that joke of a recovery. But will it still really be that useful outside of random dynamite setups that you can't really rely on?

xSMoKEx

Coward Character User
No amount of conditioning can help, they can anticipate low gunshots all they want, the moment Deathstroke goes HAAAAAAW they have more than a second to react.
If you don't think it's viable then don't use it, nothing I can do. I'm jusy trying to help and give scenarios in which it may be helpful.

If you think it's THAT useless it's fine, just a reason to not hit circle lol.

Ronald_A_Knox

Clipeum Aurea
I'm curious to see how Harley's trait can be balanced. I don't see it ever being useful and I doubt NRS will spend the time to put a new one in completely.

I mean, they could do something about that joke of a recovery. But will it still really be that useful outside of random dynamite setups that you can't really rely on?
Make it take just enough so you could use it after you, say, hard knockdown somebody without them getting up, making real green tea, watching latest movies all at once, and then coming back to full combo you.

Long story short, it just needs to be something more than a sign "Here. Combo me."

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Make it take just enough so you could use it after you, say, hard knockdown somebody without them getting up, making real green tea, watching latest movies all at once, and then coming back to full combo you.

Long story short, it just needs to be something more than a sign "Here. Combo me."
I think there could be individual inputs for each one. Relying on the randomness of it hurts her, I don't think that can be argued.

But yeah, recovery is a problem.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Can you clarify what you said here this doesn't seem to be english. Because if you're claiming he's an issue by asking where's his repercussion I can refer you to my original post where i mentioned him, but i don't understand a single word you're trying to say here.

As far as doomsday go he has a fullscreen charge thats +5 on block, d1 into ridiculous over head that's spammable into the corner while having a +10 string in the corner off block and to top it off a trait that last 6 seconds that prevents all knock down capability after already having a full screen armored charge and one of the faster dashes in the game. Please explain to me why you think he doesn't need to be balanced.
Asking because of the first sentence, can you read english? If you're trying to insult someone by claiming not to understand what they're saying when it's perfectly written then you're either incapable of reading or just stupid.

Doomsday is beatable. Bane has severe trait problems and someone who only played him for a day and 99% sure not even vs competent competition can't speak about what he should get from patches.

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit

There are those who say if the recovery is reduced, it then becomes OP.. Too easy to access added power, life regen, or possible unblockable ground bounce..

I have no idea how to handle it.. Re-tool her trait, buff the CD... I'm Just looking for ANYTHING that makes the "B" button on my controller valid :(

I'm talking about low arrows, no, it won't hit you if you're doing them from crouch, I can jump over but you can blow that up.
Low arrows only do 1 percent damage, and green arrow loses any trade with joker in a zoning war. Yea, you're gonna get blown up for 1 percent damage, wow.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
There are those who say if the recovery is reduced, it then becomes OP.. Too easy to access added power, life regen, or possible unblockable ground bounce..

I have no idea how to handle it.. Re-tool her trait, buff the CD... I'm Just looking for ANYTHING that makes the "B" button on my controller valid :(
Well, there should be something reasonable, really. I don't think any trait should be useless. Like I said in a post above it could have directional inputs per health, damage, and dynamite.

Quick recovery on her health and damage, moderate on dynamite because it's unblockable, or make it a blockable move with huge + advantage, I dunno. Something's gotta be possible. :V

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Low arrows only do 1 percent damage, and green arrow loses any trade with joker in a zoning war. Yea, you're gonna get blown up for 1 percent damage, wow.
Maybe you should read what people discuss afterwards before rushing to blow people up with flawed arguements.

Reactions: RYX

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
Well, there should be something reasonable, really. I don't think any trait should be useless. Like I said in a post above it could have directional inputs per health, damage, and dynamite.

Quick recovery on her health and damage, moderate on dynamite because it's unblockable, or make it a blockable move with huge + advantage, I dunno. Something's gotta be possible. :V
I agree.. However.. I think you hit the nail on the head.. Unless some big power players hit the scene with CRAZY Harley's and demand something.... Pig said it best- all requests will fall on deaf ears. Ohhhhh well :(

:)

RYX

BIG PUSHER
I agree.. However.. I think you hit the nail on the head.. Unless some big power players hit the scene with CRAZY Harley's and demand something.... Pig said it best- all requests will fall on deaf ears. Ohhhhh well :(

:)
I wouldn't get too down. A fellow Bane player brought our buff thread discussion to NRS's attention, so a thread like that posted on their Twitter might garner some interest for Harley as well.

Food for thought.

Disclaimer: This is going to be a very long theory-fighter post, wherein I will hopefully lower Doomsday's placement on the current community Tear List. I realize most people here probably have never read one of my in-depth breakdown style posts, so I just wanted to clarify that in the harsher bits of what I'm about to say, I'm not trying to be an asshole and nothing is directed to any one person specifically; "It's just the way I talk!"

I'm going to respectfully disagree here by stating that Doomsday's trait is NOT broken. I actually believe it's one of his weaker tools, and could use a buff.

First, let's look at what it does:

- Gives Doomsday Stoneskin for a limited time. When stoneskin is up, Doomsday cannot be knocked down or launched, or hit by something that will lead to either of those states (throws).

Then, let's examine its uses:

- Activating when being zoned makes it easier to "plow through" said zoning and get in
- Forces your opponent to change their offense since certain normally safe moves on hit are now punishable

The first usage is self-explanatory. If you're getting zoned hard, trait up and try to close the gap.

I keep seeing people refer to it as "armor." Simply put, that is not true, or at the very least a misleading or poor usage of the terminology. You know what the major distinction between actual armor and Doomsday's trait is? Real armor is not interruptible. If you MB b3 and someone hits you, your b3 still happens. With Doomsday, your attack is immediately stopped and you recoil in a brief hitstop animation. Now, this can be a good thing for Doomsday in that he can punish moves that are normally not punishable. For example, if his opponent uses something that would normally be very plus on hit but with a long recovery animation, DDay's short recoil animation will recover before their move's entire animation, letting him get a nice punish.

If you were to stop after those two points, then yes, it would probably seem pretty broken. But did you realize what we did not just cover? Its downsides:

- The trait lasts 5 seconds, takes 15 to recharge. The absolute maximum you can use it in a match is 5 times (99 seconds plus a few for the round transition, which counts toward resetting trait timers), and once you're in, you're probably not going to be riding that timer hard enough to get all five potential uses, if the match even goes that far. Realistically, you're probably looking at 2-3 uses per match.
- The trait has poor startup time. Doomsday has trouble creating enough breathing room to apply the trait against a player applying tight offense pressure, including zoning.
- Doomsday takes full damage from all non-blocked hits while trait is up.
- The recoil can be combo'd from, meaning if you hit him with fast or multihit moves just as his trait wears off, you get a full length, full damage combo.
- Doomsday cannot use real armor during his trait--for example, hitting him out of MB Venom will interrupt and cause the recoil instead of him absorbing the attack and continuing the Venom.
- Stoneskin is vulnerable to supers.
- In the Superman matchup specifically, Superman's moves performed while his strength boost is active will break Doomsday's stoneskin, greatly impairing its usefulness.

Now that its weaknesses have been explained, let's reflect on WHY the advantages granted are necessary, albeit with the heavy restrictions above:

- Doomsday is a pure rush down character--he MUST get in to run his gameplan (knockdown > oki > put them in the meat grinder, possibly corner pushing first for added effectiveness). At full screen he has nothing but MB Supernova, an overrated and easily punished gimmick. He has no other way to deal with good projectiles aside from jumping them, but his jump is slow and floaty, making him anti-air bait or causing him to fall onto another projectile. His forward dash covers great range, but the animation itself is lengthy and DDay is vulnerable (at least until the hop is completed, at which point he could jump cancel). A smart player will merely poke you out of it as you dash in, or even worse, coerce you into dashing in for that very reason--Pig can be seen doing this to me in the later portion of our BnB sets, where he would intentionally bait me into dashing forward, then hit me out of it with Sinestro's standing 3 (I might be wrong on the move name here; it was the upward axe swipe normal).

Got all that? Good. If you didn't, re-read everything so this next part will make sense:

Doomsday's trait isn't broken, but 99% of Injustice players are not dealing with it correctly.

Doomsday's full screen. You're zoning him and he traits up. What do you do? Actually, we don't even have to explore that hypothetical since I main Doomsday and have seen what many players do in that very situation. They either:

- Keep throwing the same projectile like I DIDN'T just activate a trait whose very purpose is to marginalize those

- Pushblock. Since Stoneskin negates this, they just threw away a bar.

- Hold up back and jump away like morons, which of course I have no problem with since I can take my pick of MB b3/jd3/Venom/Up Venom/Supernova/Super anti-air

- Think "TIME TO GO ALL OUT" and go straight into a heavy-hitter string, handing me 40% + corner carry on a silver platter when I block or recoil through it

- Use some big special for the same reason I just mentioned with the same result

- Ignore it completely and fight as if the trait isn't up, at which point I ignore that they're a human opponent and treat them like a training dummy

- Ragequit... lol.

However, all of that is merely what most players do. What some players do is realize doing any of that is giving me a free pass to slaughter them, so instead they do one or more of the following:

- Turtle or play keep away long enough for the trait to wear. They only have to do this for a whole 5 seconds. At the very least, they can stall and make me waste some of that 5 seconds. Note: this does NOT mean jump away when in my anti-air range. Try back dashing or using an evasive special move that won't easily be Venom'd.

- If I do close the gap, they man up and block it out, then escape or push me away so I'm back at step one (or maybe step zero since now I have to wait 15 seconds to use my trait for another attempt).

- d1 or another quick move. Doomsday's fastest normal is his own d1 at 7f. Many other characters have faster normals; using them will hit me out of whatever I'm doing and force me into recoil. This makes a typical d1 very effective at shutting down DDay's momentum once he's traited and in.

- Wait for me to do anything, then super. Remember what I said about his forward dash?...

- Use a quick multihit move or string to keep me locked in recoil until the trait is over. MB Gatling Gun with Green Lantern is great at this. Bonus: if you do this just before the trait wears, you might be able to pick up a combo by continuing it out of Doomsday's recoil!

- Before I can even get Stoneskin up, they hit me out of its startup. A really easy way to do this is to pay attention to when the Doomsday is using trait. Example: notice him immediately traiting after a blocked projectile full screen? MB it next time to hit him during startup.

To summarize: Again, Doomsday's trait is not broken. What's broken, in the sense that it doesn't function as it should, is the mindset of so many players who refuse to theorize or experiment with counterstrategies, then knee-jerk react and claim "Well since I can't get around it, CLEARLY the mechanic or move is overpowered." Doomsday's trait isn't overpowered--you are underpowered.

The counters above are what smart players do, but it's what ALL players should do. Just because someone thinks playing a game at high level doesn't involve figuring out and adapting to their opponent's varied strengths and weaknesses, but instead shining the Nerf Signal in the skies above Netherrealm City, doesn't mean their strategy or move is broken--it means you aren't even experienced enough yet to make that judgement. "Broken" is a term applied to moves or strategies which have zero/very minimal drawbacks or counter strategies, not something you're too lazy to realize you can spam d1 against.

Dandy J

i can see all the amine
I agree some of the traits are a bit off in terms of what they give the character. There's nothing fundamentally wrong with this, it's fine that some characters are all about their trait, while others not so much, or some where their trait is basically another move like grundy's, or a stance swtich, etc. But there is a lot of balancing factors that could be affected by obvious trait changes.

Batman- I agree with only being able to release bats when you have all 3. But I also think you should get all 3 a bit faster than you would now, say the time it takes to charge 2.5 bats. But I also don't think you should be able to pushblock and remove the bats when they haven't even been used yet.

Flash - I actually think this should 1. have instant or really fast start-up, and you shouldn't be able to pushblock and deactivate it. Basically I think it's really, really cool, but I don't like that the best use for it by far is just doing it for a combo.

Superman - I don't think his trait is the problem, I think it's wiser to change f23 and the damage on a couple of his moves (namely straight laser, standing 3, and maybe ice breath), and his super if they wanted to tone down the character, instead of changing his trait. The only thing that NEEDS to change about his trait imo is that it should not take away Lex's armor if Lex blocks something. That's a total "..." to me.

Shazam - Why not make him able to combo into it like Superman can? His corner combos do like 20% less with it active lmao. But really I don't think it's his trait that needs to be changed to improve the character.

Catwoman - I think it should have some additional property, like armor maybe. Something to make it more unique.

Aquaman - This is a unique case since in a lot of situations, the trait doesn't actually prevent him from being hit, it just reduces the damage he gets from getting punished in a dynamic way, since someone would have to punish with d2 or some 1 hit launcher. This is the one trait out of all others where it just seems the most out of place and kind of boring. Like it doesn't really augment the character well. Here you have a character where his entire play style is based around being defensive and never getting hit. He always has the option to play safe with the stabby move. Then on top of that he has this weird pseudo-combo breaker. Some other characters' traits are designed like this too, but it's really blatant with this one. Instead of having a trait that helps him with a weakness or an issue he has with executing his gameplan, he has a trait that just helps him with what he's already good at. I actually think this trait is a lot more 'balanced' than most people seem to think, but I don't think it's really cool at all and I think they could turn it into something more unique. Maybe make it gradually push the opponent away from you while active. Call it 'turning the tide'. lol

Doomsday - Eh w/e it's fine. So is Black Adam's. They are both good, unique, but not broken or overly stupid. If doomsday had like a hit confirm string off his d1 into major damage it'd be something else entirely, but that's not the case.

Harley - Yea this is something that could've been cool but they didn't get creative enough.

Bane - Why does this have a down side? Literally every single trait in the game, the downside is 'you don't have the trait anymore', not 'well now your character is way worse than before you used the trait'. I mean the downside is EXTREME, jesus. All I wanted was some more damage, you don't have to make me feel sorry for using it. And it can run out between rounds. Maybe it's a subtle message from NRS...

http://i.imgur.com/vkDtvgl.png

Asking because of the. First sentence, can you read english? If you're trying to insult someone by claiming not to understand what they're saying when it's perfectly written then you're either incapable of reading or just stupid.

Doomsday is beatable. Bane has severe trait problems and someone who only played him for a day and 99% sure not even vs competent competition can't speak about what he should get from patches.

I re-read what ryx said about superman and still don't understand what hes trying to say but if others can I must be the idiot.

That being said I never said doomsday isn't beatable, I simply think that he has issues influding his trait and outside of it. I will say it again, I don't play bane regularly but I play against him often with a variety of characters and have researched the forums well enough to deduce that venom is fine the way it is. I will be more specific in highlighting that these arguments for trait buffs just seem to be bane players wanting to spam venom level 3 all game without consequence. Venom level one has a 2 scond cooldown between usages and only increases damage taken by 3%. Take what you will from this but until someone can point me in the direction of a well thought out argument against what i've written then I will continue in my stance against buffing it.

Art

Grave_Intent
Sigh* If we are going to talk about grapple characters and traits they have, we might as well address the stupid DBF command input as well. Why dose it have a contradictory input to go forward on a basic move that no other input has?

As far as traits go, Bane is actually fine KH_Chief has a nasty Bane and I've seen what a good Bane player can do.

Batman is 100% fine. The fact that his mechanical bats can be sent to go bye bye by just hitting him is a natural nerf as it is.