For the Majority Do you Agree?

• Yes

Votes: 94 56.3%
  • No

Votes: 29 17.4%
  • Not enough time yet to decide

Votes: 44 26.3%

• Total voters
His trait, when used late game vs. certain characters is far from a gimmick. Unblockable gunshots that make the opponent play YOUR game while closing off the round is pretty damn good.
I think you're underestimating just how long the startup is...not to mention he's still in recovery well after it activates. Any Deathstroke using it straight up will get punished. He gets the most hard knockdown advantage from a Sword Flip after 1 popup so he can activate it then but...

Several characters can still punish him and be right in his face
ex. Batman's grappling hook, Killer Frost's slide, Ares' godsmack...

Other characters can punish it and run down the trait
ex. Sinestro's shackles, Grundy's swamp hands, Raven's soul grab thing...

In fact the only character that can't punish it is I think Bane and well I'm sure DS is fine in that matchup without it. Seriously the startup makes it a gimmick to catch people who are sleeping. The only other time to use it is to cut your combo short and D2 XX trait and that's silly. There's no other situation where it's safe. If someone can describe a situation to activate it and then actually capitalize I'm all ears.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
If by blown up you mean 1% then yeah I can blow you up there lol. You're making it sound like this would be a ridiculous buff which is crazy ("some chars like joker can't do shit when GA just shoots normal arrows non stop"). You have solid options from full screen and probably win the zoning battle right now.

8 good reads with arrows = 1 good read with gunshot. I also build basically no meter using arrows.
win the zoning battle? you mean with a high projectile that only does 8% and doesn't knockdown when your fire arrows do a little less with knockdown or freeze arrows setting up full combo and super reset opportunities?

I'm making it sound exactly as bad as it is, if GA has a good lifelead he can play keepaway just fine vs joker, not even mentioning the mixups he has.

please tell me what solid options joker has...

Crathen

Death is my business
Deathstroke trait should be adjusted to actually be useful in a match, it should have 40 frames of startup and either make 1 shot unblockable for max 10 seconds or give him advantage on block ( distance depending) on his guns for 6 seconds then 15 seconds of cool down.

His trait could be very balanced but as of right now it's a gimmick at best and it's in no way worth it even if you have a life lead

CY MasterHavik

Master of Chaos and Jax
in my experience i think a lot of the traits in this game in good some got cooldownm while some are always at your hand like GA, Grundy, and Lobo. I think the ones with no cooldown are very strong all the others need to chill out.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I don't get why people think Batman shouldn't have his bat rotation. All though id trade it for a string with no holes.

So Pig Of The Hut , GL trait minigun plus mb equals up to 20 % chip with four bars at full screen. That's cool?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
20% of chip using my trait (which won't last long enough to get all 4 bars blown) and a move that has a hefty startup on top of it and won't truly hit fullscreen until I MB the move, which btw is extra frames since the MB isn't instant.

Considering what most of the cast can do about this, I say fair game. :p

CCVengeance

The one guy hoping for Kai
Tom Brady

Reading through these posts I see nobody commenting on Shazams trait. You wrote the prima guide for him. What do you think about it?

I have yet to find any reasonable way of using it in a match. Do you think that it should be cancellable of off mid-combo like GL? Or maybe have it attributed to his whole body?
I've been thinking about this for some time.He totally should!

Seapeople

This one's for you
win the zoning battle? you mean with a high projectile that only does 8% and doesn't knockdown when your fire arrows do a little less with knockdown or freeze arrows setting up full combo and super reset opportunities?

I'm making it sound exactly as bad as it is, if GA has a good lifelead he can play keepaway just fine vs joker, not even mentioning the mixups he has.

please tell me what solid options joker has...
I've already told what options you have dude.
God I hate theory fighting, it's just arguments going in a circle that's almost never productive :confused: With that I'm out lol.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I've already told what options you have dude.
God I hate theory fighting, it's just arguments going in a circle that's almost never productive :confused: With that I'm out lol.
You haven't mentioned anything besides gunshot and I doubt you have ever played the matchup.

That's a nice way to avoid what would be a productive arguement...

xSMoKEx

Coward Character User
I think you're underestimating just how long the startup is...not to mention he's still in recovery well after it activates. Any Deathstroke using it straight up will get punished. He gets the most hard knockdown advantage from a Sword Flip after 1 popup so he can activate it then but...

Several characters can still punish him and be right in his face
ex. Batman's grappling hook, Killer Frost's slide, Ares' godsmack...

Other characters can punish it and run down the trait
ex. Sinestro's shackles, Grundy's swamp hands, Raven's soul grab thing...

In fact the only character that can't punish it is I think Bane and well I'm sure DS is fine in that matchup without it. Seriously the startup makes it a gimmick to catch people who are sleeping. The only other time to use it is to cut your combo short and D2 XX trait and that's silly. There's no other situation where it's safe. If someone can describe a situation to activate it and then actually capitalize I'm all ears.

I've actually used Deathstroke quite a bit I know how long the start up is. If the opponent is straight up dashing in you're not doing a good enough job of conditioning them after a knockdown. You're not supposed to be able to trait whenever you want and lul it out with unblockable shots. The trait is supposed to be difficult to set up because of how good it is.

Like i said off of a knockdown Stroke gets a free low gunshot every time. You condition them to wait for that and trait, hell you could even low gunshot, fake the frame trap high shot and go into trait. I also mentioned previously it should only be used in certain situations. You should not be using it against Superman especially if he has full meter lol, as well as some others.

Also lets say you do trait, get it activated and Grundy swamp hands you, he dashes in to pressure. You wake up DB3 MB into the low, it connects. You get a hard knockdown and a free j. 3 cross over, it's blocked your traits stil up you can get a free 132 unblockable combo.

Trait makes them think, sure on paper anyone can punish, but thats why its you're job to condition. If someone can easily punish trait it's one of two things a) you're fault for not conditioning b) you did it point blank wtf are you doing.

Say you do a low gunshot, delay MB it and it hits. You have no meter left and he has like 15% left. Gonna take awhile to chip him out he'll be in by then. Obviously you get another free low gunshot, but instead you trait, and win the round. You have to use it sparingly and wisely it is not some braindead trait (it shouldn't be either it's unblockable projectiles on a strong zoned lol)

I've actually used Deathstroke quite a bit I know how long the start up is. If the opponent is straight up dashing in you're not doing a good enough job of conditioning them after a knockdown. You're not supposed to be able to trait whenever you want and lul it out with unblockable shots. The trait is supposed to be difficult to set up because of how good it is.

Like i said off of a knockdown Stroke gets a free low gunshot every time. You condition them to wait for that and trait, hell you could even low gunshot, fake the frame trap high shot and go into trait. I also mentioned previously it should only be used in certain situations. You should not be using it against Superman especially if he has full meter lol, as well as some others.

Also lets say you do trait, get it activated and Grundy swamp hands you, he dashes in to pressure. You wake up DB3 MB into the low, it connects. You get a hard knockdown and a free j. 3 cross over, it's blocked your traits stil up you can get a free 132 unblockable combo.

Trait makes them think, sure on paper anyone can punish, but thats why its you're job to condition. If someone can easily punish trait it's one of two things a) you're fault for not conditioning b) you did it point blank wtf are you doing.

Say you do a low gunshot, delay MB it and it hits. You have no meter left and he has like 15% left. Gonna take awhile to chip him out he'll be in by then. Obviously you get another free low gunshot, but instead you trait, and win the round. You have to use it sparingly and wisely it is not some braindead trait (it shouldn't be either it's unblockable projectiles on a strong zoned lol)
No amount of conditioning can help, they can anticipate low gunshots all they want, the moment Deathstroke goes HAAAAAAW they have more than a second to react.

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
20% of chip using my trait (which won't last long enough to get all 4 bars blown) and a move that has a hefty startup on top of it and won't truly hit fullscreen until I MB the move, which btw is extra frames since the MB isn't instant.

Considering what most of the cast can do about this, I say fair game. :p
And what exactly can you do about this from full screen. It even stops bane level three venom immunity. C'mon man shit needs to go. As if your 50/50 free resets weren't enough.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
You DO know Ares has ridicules damage combos right? In fact he has a 100% reset from what I've read. They just need to fix his frame start-up times IMO.
His reset off of b23 is already getting nerfed. His "new" ways to get the reset are beatable by a back dash or a wake-up attack, maybe other ways. His resets don't count as high damaging combos when they require you to make a good read AND relies on your opponent not knowing how to beat them. Besides, I'm talking about raw trait damage. The damage it deals in combos is fine as is.

This is the last page of the post and i didn't wanna dig though 16 pages of posts to see if anyone mentioned this so I'll go ahead and post it anyways. I've read a lot of posts in the first 3 pages that claim the Bane debuff needs to be removed after venom. That is completely fucking absurd.

What you're telling me is that you wanna be able to do 36% damage off of 2 hits, armor on all special moves and armor breaking properties (maybe wrong about this) without any kind of repercussion? That right there would put this asshole past the ranks of Brokerman, Brokestroke and brokeday in a category all on his own.

His venom level one gives a 7% damage boost to most BNBS while leaving him to take an extra 3% damage after usage, the CD is literally between 2-3 seconds. Stop abusing Venom level 3 and learn to use your character's trait the way it was meant to be used.

Here's a guide for his trait with all da maf you'll need right here http://testyourmight.com/threads/more-venom-venom-properties-and-strategy.31040/. Buff so parries can't go through and you have a perfectly balanced character.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Foreskin Fissure balanced characters don't have unwinnable match ups. Negating parries doesn't solve any of his glaring issues.

Do you play Bane?

EDIT: Brokesday and Brokestroke. I forgot I shouldn't take you seriously.

Dark_Rob

Noob
And what exactly can you do about this from full screen. It even stops bane level three venom immunity. C'mon man shit needs to go. As if your 50/50 free resets weren't enough.

Your stating it in the harshest of terms AJ. I mean for the most part when does GL ever have 3 or 4 bars to just blow on minigun? That was a very situational moment where you had a very small lifelead and about 10 sec on the clock. Also if banes level 3 venom is supposed to go through MB minigun wouldnt the move be to adjust Banes Venom to do so as opposed to trashing the only full screen option Green Lantern has, that by the way he has to pop trait and burn meter to use?

And those resets are hardly free. I have to give up free guaranteed damage off a MB Lanterns might to go for it. And its just as much a guessing game for me as it is for you. And remember you can wakeup and backdash the overhead option. The only reason you dont is because the fear of B1 stuffing those options, but sometimes you just gotta go for it anyway and hope I do the overhead. If you guess right I get nothing off of it and I blew a bar for nothing. And Green Lantern has to blow a bar to so much as take a piss in this game.

I think Batmans bats are some of the dirtiest shit ever, but Il never say a word about it cuz I know GL is fucked up to. And come on you did beat me in the tournament after all ;)

Foreskin Fissure balanced characters don't have unwinnable match ups. Negating parries doesn't solve any of his glaring issues.

Do you play Bane?

EDIT: Brokesday and Brokestroke. I forgot I shouldn't take you seriously.
I have no idea what to think of you if you don't think doomsday is an issue, and while deathstroke might not be an issue for people who practice the game, he's an absolute nuisance to the casual gamer, the target demographic of any gaming developer. And to clarify i played bane for a day, so while i might not know his MUs, (and lets face it, with the game being out for less than a month we have no way to know which MUs are unwinnable or not) I can definitely say you'd agree that giving him armor breaking, armor and everything and 175% damage increase without any repercussion is absolutely ridiculous and would help him with ANY MU.

BigMilk

Former Divine Power Abuser
I think traits (w fixed duration time) would be more balanced if those with instant startup(ex. Aquaman, Doomsday) shouldn't last as long as those that must be built(ex. Killer Frost)

RYX

BIG PUSHER
I have no idea what to think of you if you don't think doomsday is an issue, and while deathstroke might not be an issue for people who practice the game, he's an absolute nuisance to the casual gamer, the target demographic of any gaming developer. And to clarify i played bane for a day, so while i might not know his MUs, (and lets face it, with the game being out for less than a month we have no way to know which MUs are unwinnable or not) I can definitely say you'd agree that giving him armor breaking, armor and everything and 175% damage increase without any repercussion is absolutely ridiculous and would help him with ANY MU.
Doomsday isn't an issue. I don't know what to think of you if you think he is.

Yeah, that's the point. Also Superman. Where's his repercussion. He has all that shit, obviously needs to be punished when he's Bane 2.0 + projectiles. :16Bit God forbid a rush down character has some rush down dirt in a game where characters are meant to have cheap shit y'know.

i played Bane for a day
I guess all my above information is useless. You played Bane for a day with no match up experience, your word is God, I'm sorry[/quote]

Doomsday isn't an issue. I don't know what to think of you if you think he is.

Yeah, that's the point. Also Superman. Where's his repercussion. He has all that shit, obviously needs to be punished when he's Bane 2.0 + projectiles. :16Bit God forbid a rush down character has some rush down dirt in a game where characters are meant to have cheap shit y'know.
[/quote]

Can you clarify what you said here this doesn't seem to be english. Because if you're claiming he's an issue by asking where's his repercussion I can refer you to my original post where i mentioned him, but i don't understand a single word you're trying to say here.

As far as doomsday go he has a fullscreen charge thats +5 on block, d1 into ridiculous over head that's spammable into the corner while having a +10 string in the corner off block and to top it off a trait that last 6 seconds that prevents all knock down capability after already having a full screen armored charge and one of the faster dashes in the game. Please explain to me why you think he doesn't need to be balanced.

Reactions: Art

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Can you clarify what you said here this doesn't seem to be english. Because if you're claiming he's an issue by asking where's his repercussion I can refer you to my original post where i mentioned him, but i don't understand a single word you're trying to say here.

As far as doomsday go he has a fullscreen charge thats +5 on block, d1 into ridiculous over head that's spammable into the corner while having a +10 string in the corner off block and to top it off a trait that last 6 seconds that prevents all knock down capability after already having a full screen armored charge and one of the faster dashes in the game. Please explain to me why you think he doesn't need to be balanced.
That first paragraph proves my point. You know nothing.

Doomsday is not broken. There's no real convincing you otherwise since I can see you're set in your ways. Good day.

ApertureBlack

The Only Player On The Wii U
The reprocussion being he cant approach at all when he doesn't have it, as well as no real ways of counter spamming...

Right now venow wears out when you win the first round, when you get hit/do a super, and you cannot help yourself being made of glass.

How bout we make aquaman unable to combo after his trait? Or remove Adams projectiles when he uses his?

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
The reprocussion being he cant approach at all when he doesn't have it, as well as no real ways of counter spamming...

Right now venow wears out when you win the first round, when you get hit/do a super, and you cannot help yourself being made of glass.

How bout we make aquaman unable to combo after his trait? Or remove Adams projectiles when he uses his?
If we must continue to talk about Bane...

I do not think anyone is arguing the fact that Bane gets robbed when his trait becomes disabled due to anything OTHER than time expiration .. That deserved a fix.
That being said... Now his trait is FIXED... People will complain that Bane still lacks the proper tools (ie: move set) to do the just damage he deserves to do up with the Heavy hitters..
In short.. Meaning at the end of the day, the issue is not Banes overall trait, it is his move set and does not deserve as many posts as it has gotten in this thread when there are clearly more characters in need of a trait change up.