What's new

"You're Fired!" -- Joker General Discussion Thread

Fromundaman

I write too much.
It's not honestly game breaking, but considering how hard we already had to work, it is a slap to the face to get indirectly nerfed like this. Also means I need to rework some setups.

IDK, just the knowledge that Joker was nerfed is really depressing.

Fromundaman

I write too much.
What do you mean crowbar B13 pushblock setups?

Also I know, we lost a lot, and I haven't had time to really mess with exactly how bad it is.
That said we still have a lot as well, so I'm going to see in the next few weeks just how much this affects me.

That being said, I hope we either get our shit back or get mids that actually hit mid to compensate. There is no way to justify nerfing Joker atm.

KonDcnT

KonDcnT
Not trying to over react until I see if NRS plans to do anything else to help the joker. I'm hoping it's just a temporary collateral nerf on joker and NRS plans to reinstate it back to the joker.

KonDcnT

KonDcnT
What do you mean crowbar B13 pushblock setups?

Also I know, we lost a lot, and I haven't had time to really mess with exactly how bad it is.
That said we still have a lot as well, so I'm going to see in the next few weeks just how much this affects me.

That being said, I hope we either get our shit back or get mids that actually hit mid to compensate. There is no way to justify nerfing Joker atm.
We all in this community feel the same way. Really hoping it was unintentional

I also wanted to express my sincere sympathies to the Joker community. You guys have seriously gotten the short end of the stick every single step of the way it seems like, and getting an indirect nerf at this point feels like insult on top of injury. I'm still holding out hope that NRS has a bigger plan coming and they haven't forgot about this character.....but man does it not look good.

KonDcnT

KonDcnT
Joke's been getting fucked from the beginning. If NRS keeps him like this, then maybe they know something that hasn't been discovered yet. #optimismandalcohol.

Oops I forgot that I am boycotting hash tags. So it should read "hashtag: optimism and alcohol"

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
I hope we either get our shit back or get mids that actually hit mid to compensate. There is no way to justify nerfing Joker atm.
Think about it though- the main reason that we needed those mids to actually hit mid was for the teeth frametrap setup. There was literally no other reason to complete the 212 string outside of a combo otherwise, unless you really wanna get that extra 0.13% chip or whatever. So even if we get mids that hit mid, their purpose has been drastically reduced without the damage there. Sure, we still get advantage, corner push, and maybe reach a BGB, but this ssuuuuucccckkkksss lol. We don't need this.

KonDcnT

KonDcnT
I got a feeling another patch is coming out. This hot fix shows NRS is still active with this game. Taking away push block setups from joker can't be intentional

KonDcnT

KonDcnT
God I hope not. Other than high LG has anyone noticed anything else the hot fix changed with the joker. Working now, so I can't test anything out.

Fromundaman

I write too much.
Think about it though- the main reason that we needed those mids to actually hit mid was for the teeth frametrap setup. There was literally no other reason to complete the 212 string outside of a combo otherwise, unless you really wanna get that extra 0.13% chip or whatever. So even if we get mids that hit mid, their purpose has been drastically reduced without the damage there. Sure, we still get advantage, corner push, and maybe reach a BGB, but this ssuuuuucccckkkksss lol. We don't need this.
There are other uses for 212 actually.

Even beyond that though, the 2nd hit of 21 also whiffs on some crouchers, which is huge since it means you can't cancel that string without going negative and that they can then poke out of 213.

I do agree that this really hurts though.

Oh, also fun fact I may have mentioned earlier today: Our B2 sometimes whiffs against crouch as well. You know, as if it weren't already a bad enough move.

rehti

Noob
I blame Steevo for showing the pushblock trick at the break vs Rico in winners bracket. "Steevo almost beat Rico, we must fix this shit... "