What's new

Tech - Sektor Up Rock is Back and Better Than Ever

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
You said, "Hellfire" and I thought, this guy couldn't possibly be saying that he thinks a 27f start up move that is -1 on hit could possibly be a POSITIVE trade for Scorpion with Sektor's Up Missiles. Maybe he meant Flame Aura, heaps of people get the name mixed up? Hence why I said exactly this, copy pasted

"I'm going to assume you meant Scorp's Flame Aura, as his move "Hellfire" literally leaves you negative on HIT?"

Well, that's factually incorrect, tried tested and proven incorrect, and you need to STOP positing misinformation simply because you refuse to lab

thats great, and as such your refusal to actually lab/learn things means you are CONSTANTLY posting untested stuff as though its factual, and unsurprising you are constantly getting it wrong. It's not elitism - there is simply no place for this in competitive discussion and you need to stop arguing it, there is no two ways about it, whatever your reasoning for it, you are just unleashing a constant stream of misinformation upon TYM, people who don't know any better than to listen to you are damaged by this and people who do have their time wasted. Just take half a minute out, jump in the lab, test if what you are saying is even remotely accurate, then come back and post it on TYM

Yeah you can keep bringing this up but it just makes you look even worse

Then a.) you misplayed and missed a LARGE window to input the teleport no matter how you trade, and b.) this was never your original statement, we werent arguing whether you get full combo on hit for trade you were saying word for word "if you trade with someone like say sub-zero or scorp's hellfire you're stunned just as long if not longer actually". This is undoubtedly wrong, even if you aren't always guaranteed a Teleport (which once again you defintely are, as I will prove shortly).

Oh so because you missed a substantially large window due to "lag" on this new net code ( :rolleyes: ) that doesn't make it misinformation, to say that you are stunned equally as long after trading with a Hellfire, when in reality you at least +38 even at the WORST possible trade time to the frame?

Here is a video of Scorpion trading Hellfire with Sektor at the earliest latest possible time (after -32 from Takedown), and at the latest possible time (+5 from blocking a Sektor D1). Both times have a massive window in between them to full combo punish with Teleport from anywhere on the screen, in the case of the second one I literally have time to backdash (33 frame backdash) and then teabag first, THEN go into the teleport, after trading with EX Hellfire.

You may consider yourself thoroughly proved wrong.

P.S. the irony is real in the last part of your statement.

I don't know, why are you discussing Scorpion in a Sektor discussion? Why are you discussing other characters at all and arguing against it when people call your incorrect statements misinformation, when as you say you haven't even labbed them? Hell why are you even discussing Sektor if you can't be bothered to check the stuff you post about him is right?

Regardless, my obvious answer to your question, is because I'm also playing Sektor. However, I'd also like to answer that I'm an MKX player in a thread about an MKX character, and not everyone is like you and refuses to level up and learn about how other characters work before posting misinformation on both your own character and theirs.
Please re-read my previous post....

Only thing I got wrong was the variation, the move however which is the same as hellfire/minion grab is correct via imputs and you can't free combo off of it. Good games bro, here I'm correct 100% as I just proved via the video, the minion grab stuns you long enough so by the time Sektor can teleport Scorpion can safely block. I used to use Scorp the first month but dropped him I admit I confused his variations with his moves/imputs.

His hellfire MOVE in Hellfire obviously can be punished.

This has been one big misunderstanding, I admit on MY part I referred to the wrong variation initially but my point remains correct as the video proves...

In that regard, and you assuming I "don't test things" you're wrong however. And you also assumed I meant aura flame when I clearly said hellfire...so I'm still WTF at that, you brought up aura not me.

What it comes down to is he has moves in Inferno that can easily trade and make Scorp safe from Sektor's shower missiles on trade, Hellfire variation not so much. I trust this is settled now? Yes.

Last edited:

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
Please re-read my previous post....

Only thing I got wrong was the variation, the move however which is the same as hellfire/minion grab is correct via imputs and you can't free combo off of it. Or a trade up close on Hellfire's aura. Good games bro, you're the one proved wrong here. I used to use Scorp the first month but dropped him I admit I confused his variations with his moves/imputs.

His hellfire MOVE in Hellfire obviously can be punished.

This has been one big misunderstanding, I admit on MY part I referred to the wrong variation initially but my point remains correct as the video proves...

In that regard, and you assuming I "don't test things" you're wrong however.

What it comes down to is he has moves in Inferno that can easily trade and make Scorp safe from Sektor's shower missiles on trade, Hellfire variation not so much. I trust this is settled now? Yes.
LOOOOL Wait now its about the Minion Grab? HA its been about Hellfire this entire time and you berated me because you thought I got the name wrong when I questioned you might have meant Flame Aura because it couldn't possibly be Hellfire, but now it turns out you didn't even have the right variation let alone the right move? Cmon son the damn move is named AFTER the variation, there is no way you got this wrong lol

And EVEN if you did, it still proves you wrong on all your previous statements which were about Hellfire, you've just now taken a completely different move from a completely different variation (one of the least seen, worst variations in the game I might add) and you think that proves me wrong because everything I've said so far about Hellfire and the trade that we were talking about is correct? You need to stop bro, you clearly just got proved wrong a million times over and now are trying to backpeddle by making this about something it never was because you KNOW how bad you looking now, if you had even once said minion grab there would have been no debate, instead you never did, and hardly anybody plays Inferno so its a silly justification in the first place, and you specifically confirmed it was Hellfire when checked on it, and you knew beyond a shadow of a doubt we were talking about that variation because of the aura.

thats like me saying "Ermac's Soul Ball leaves me negative after trading with Sub Zero's Ice Clone", then defending this misinformation for two pages, and then finally after a video is posted proving me undeniably wrong, turning around and posting a video of me trading with CYBER Sub Zero's Ice Ball and saying "see, GG bro you're the one proved wrong here".

BTW you also posted a BRAND NEW piece of unlabbed, completely incorrect misinformation in this post as well

you can't free combo off of it. Or a trade up close on Hellfire's aura
Factually incorrect. If you trade Up Rockets with Flame Aura, you get a guaranteed Teleport. Please stop posting misinformation. Please don't make me post another video proving it.

Or are you talking about Reptile's Aura? :DOGE

Last edited:

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Oh so you mean what people are doing with ALL of KP2 right now?
hardly the same thing, if people took a moment to record the old tremor stuff in practice mode or listen to what tremor players were telling people about it they would of seen what was up, theres only so much you can lab a just frame hard to blockable vortex, practice mashing xray or hope you play ethereal or goro? (im trying to learn cyrax now so not complaining)

im not crying about anything to do with kp2 besides the hit advantage of sektor rockets and what tremors up rock is now lol, other things are what they are....actually except bo's reset, fuck that shit haha

either way the tremor stuff as dave said was misinformation

Crusty

Retired forever; don’t ask for games.
I reckon they'll probably nerf the hit advantage of Up missile. It's so ludicrously plus you don't even need to have reactions to hitconfirm.

However, here we go with the "X character has this so Y character shouldn't have it" again.

Tremor's Up Rock was overhead and set up for a hard to blockable situation a lot. They're not QUITE identical moves.
There was NEVER a hard-to-blockable.It was always overhead then low, ALWAYS. If people got hit by that setup, they died in the match by their own stupidity offline, online it was most likely lag.

The only purpose the up rock served when it came to setups was to break armored wakeups when used in conjunction with another attack and this was strictly corner specific. Tremor relied on cornering you to kill you.

MKF30

I'm going to assume you meant Scorp's Flame Aura, as his move "Hellfire" literally leaves you negative on HIT?
Your FIRST responce to my initial statement. Right here proves A. you ASSUMED (which we all know you should never do ;) B. you clearly implied that I MEANT Flame Aura even though said "Hellfire", implying FA is positive on hit, as oppose to HF being negative. So yeah, good job disagreeing with yourself when I agree with you lmao....dude you're amusing.

LOOOOL Wait now its about the Minion Grab? HA its been about Hellfire this entire time and you berated me because you thought I got the name when I questioned you might have meant Flame Aura because it couldn't possibly be Hellfire, but now it turns out you didn't even have the right variation let alone the right move? Cmon son the damn move is named AFTER the variation, there is no way you got this wrong lol

And EVEN if you did, it still proves you wrong on all your previous statements which were about Hellfire, you've just now taken a completely different move from a completely different variation (one of the least seen, worst variations in the game I might add) and you think that proves me wrong because everything I've said so far about the match up we were talking about is correct? You need to stop bro, you clearly just got proved wrong a million times over and now are trying to backpeddle by making this about something it never was because you KNOW how bad you looking now, if you had even once said minion grab there would have been no debate, instead you never did, and hardly anybody plays Inferno so its a silly justification in the first place, and you specifically confirmed it was Hellfire when checked on it, and you knew beyond a shadow of a doubt we were talking about that variation because of the aura.

thats like me saying "Ermac's Soul Ball leaves me negative after trading with Sub Zero's Ice Clone", then defending this misinformation for two pages, and then finally after a video is posted proving me undeniably wrong, turning around and posting a video of me trading with CYBER Sub Zero's Ice Ball and saying "see, GG bro you're the one proved wrong here". You've

BTW you also posted a BRAND NEW piece of unlabbed, completely incorrect misinformation here as well

Factually incorrect. If you trade Up Rockets with Flame Aura, you get a guaranteed Teleport. Please don't make me post another video proving it.

Or are you talking about Reptile's Aura? :DOGE
You just contradicted yourself than, because you said initially when I said "hellfire" you mean "aura" lol you're disagreeing with yourself now? Good job...lol bipolar much? Go ahead post a video, cause I never was the one who made the claim first you were lol. I merely agreed and now you're disagreeing with what I said even though you said that previously? lol wow...you trolled yourself.:DOGE

Umm I just admitted that I made a mistake regarding the variation, can you not read? Also, what is "Cmon" ? This a new word in the English language? You're going all elitist mentality on me about "not knowing variations and moves" yet your basic grammar clearly needs work. lol Now that's funny. I take it you mean "Come on?" That's so difficult.

Actually no it doesn't because A. I just admitted HELLFIRE trades, Sektor has the advantage if you actually read what I posted previously and B. Regarding Inferno's minion grab which has the same imputs actually I'm right, as my vid proved.

I don't know what you're on about with your Ermac/Sub analogy but they're irrelevant here, since we're talking about Scorp and Sektor. Actually no that's not incorrect information but you can choose to ignore that and believe your own arrogant, elitist bs by all means dude. Please try to hit Scorpion on an even trade with minion grab, you won't I win. Your last statement just trolling since again Reptile has nothing to do with Sektor or Scorpion here. *yawn*

I GOT HANDS

You just contradicted yourself than, because you said initially when I said "hellfire" you mean "aura" lol you're disagreeing with yourself now? Good job...lol bipolar much? Go ahead post a video, cause I never was the one who made the claim first you were lol. I I merely agreed and now you're disagreeing with what I said even though you said that previously? lol wow...you trolled yourself.:DOGE
LOL. No, I said absolutely NOTHING about Flame Aura trading with Up Missiles. I ASKED if you MEANT Flame Aura, because if so I was going to explain how that can be punished on trade, I questioned if you meant this special because they are commonly confused and the one you said he trades poorly with is fucking minus on hit lol

Once again, my statement "I'm going to assume you meant Scorp's Flame Aura, as his move "Hellfire" literally leaves you negative on HIT?"

Umm I just admitted that I made a mistake regarding the variation, can you not read?
You admitted you made a "mistake" (riiiight :rolleyes:) with what special you were talking about, but somehow I'm still the one who is wrong. As you said immediately after:

"Only thing I got wrong was the variation, the move however which is the same as hellfire/minion grab is correct via imputs and you can't free combo off of it. Or a trade up close on Hellfire's aura. Good games bro, you're the one proved wrong here."

Also, what is "Cmon" ? This a new word in the English language? You're going all elitist mentality on me about "not knowing variations and moves" yet your basic grammar clearly needs work. lol Now that's funny. I take it you mean "Come on?" That's so difficult.

Regardless, your misinformation has been put to rest here for just today, so I'm gonna bow out because this is getting dumber by the reply and I feel myself losing braincells reading your blither

Last edited:

MKF30

@I GOT GAME: Right....
Yes you did I just quoted you lol. Denial much? I mentioned hellfire, you assumed I meant flame aura. Proof don't lie.

Then why would you "assume" I meant flame aura instead of hellfire? Do tell.:coffee: You said something disagreeing with me, then when I clearly agreed with you you decide "to disagree with me" really dude? lol

Ok, I'll make this simple for you. Regarding the VARIATION, yes I admit I was wrong HOWEVER what I was referring to with my vid example regarding minion grab which I admit I mistook for hellfire due to the similar imputs. In that regard I'm 100% correct.

Ok, fine you know what believe what you want since my vid isn't misinformation. Ah, looky a generic "thug life" video that's unfunny vids of random black and this guy's talking about brain cells.

Ok, well I tried to be nice and civil but you keep on with that elitist "slang" mentality dude, nothing new on here.:rolleyes:

The Highlander

There can be only one
Oh so you mean what people are doing with ALL of KP2 right now?
Hard to lab what is essentially 7 new characters in a week. Give it some time.
Also, what is "Cmon" ? This a new word in the English language? You're going all elitist mentality on me about "not knowing variations and moves" yet your basic grammar clearly needs work. lol Now that's funny. I take it you mean "Come on?" That's so difficult.
What? Who argues like that? Nobody is that pedantic.

MKF30

Hard to lab what is essentially 7 new characters in a week. Give it some time.

What? Who argues like that? Nobody is that pedantic.
Only as pedantic as others are with my posts addressing other people?;) What can I say? That aside, didn't know it was a crime to just want to have a normal conversation without "Cmon nig%*shit B mad wack yo"? Silly me I didn't know street slang was still a thing. Why do you care again? Just curious. lol

Last edited:

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
Only as pedantic as others are with my posts. What can I say? :cool: That aside, didn't know it was a crime to just want to have a normal conversation without "Cmon nig%*shit B mad wack yo" ? Silly me. Why do you care again? Just curious.
What, pedantic for correcting the misinformation you post? You could not look worse right now.

MKF30

What, pedantic for correcting the misinformation you post? You could not look worse right now.
What misinformation? I already explained myself that I confused the variation but my vid proves I'm still right regarding what I was referring to, next time please read everything I posted more carefully instead of just cherrypicking one side of the argument, you're the one who looks bad for clearly not reading everything I said. Shouldn't you be defending Capcom's SF5 in some PC thread?

I love how people on here dont even contribute to the topic just troll about stuff that don't even concern them.

Last edited:

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Lol all of you are Being played as chumps. This move is ridiculously overrated. Even from full screen, as soon as you see sektor do up rocket, you can run all the way in and go in for pressure before sektor can do absolutely anhthing besides use his unsafe armor. He cant backdash, he cant do a preemptive string, cant jump back. Nothing

Please stop Being sheep people, and hit the lab yourself before jumping on the newest wagon. Ill make a video soon.

I GOT HANDS

Lol all of you are Being played as chumps. This move is ridiculously overrated. Even from full screen, as soon as you see sektor do up rocket, you can run all the way in and go in for pressure before sektor can do absolutely anhthing besides use his unsafe armor. He cant backdash, he cant do a preemptive string, cant jump back. Nothing

Please stop Being sheep people, and hit the lab yourself before jumping on the newest wagon. Ill make a video soon.
tag me please diribut i love to learn