What's new

Tech - Sektor Up Rock is Back and Better Than Ever

Afumba

Noob
Picked up Sektor and Cyrax cuz they are the only new dlc chars that interest me.

And i dont want him nerfed much cuz i think the game needs more chars like him, chars that are a pain to get in and stop that nonstop run crap.

But i think +43 is a bit too much for uprocket. I think he should be allowed to combo of it with tele but not run in from fullscreen. As someone that plays Ermac i dont think uprocket should be on par with Soulball. Sure if the projectiles get shot at the same time Ermac will get a full punish on Sektor. But if Ermac reacts to it they just trade hits and while Sektor can keep shooting Ermac has recovery. Dont think its fair given that MoS is based on such a tech.
So i think it should be reduced by a few frames... like mabye to +33-35...

Also the tracking for the rockets should be adjusted. Its a bit silly that sometimes 1-2 rockets track teleports to the other side if you react to them. Maybe they should make them all impact at the same spot or change when the tracking is done. It seems right now that the rockets target spot is set when they leave the screen insividually, if so maybe change it to as soon as they leave Sektor.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
exactly, without this his whole zoning / defensive game would be non existent since forward rockets can be easily ran into, the run fucntion really changed the game for zoners, it doesn't even break armor and up missiles even in front whiffs on advancing combo strings so i don't really understand all the crying right now and tremor has better superior strings, sektor is a solid defensive zoner not broken, there are a ton of ways to get in or negate the uprocket, i think it's because of the "all offense run at you"mentality of mkx players nowadays that makes them easy prey to uprockets, if you kill this move and you'd be killing zoning / defense all over again.
Yep, and I don't even think his shower missiles giving the free follow up on trade is THAT big a deal I mean if you trade with someone like say sub-zero or scorp's hellfire you're stunned just as long if not longer actually, and can't always get guaranteed free combo off the teleport. The rockets are the only viable zoning tool IMO out of most character, sure few others can zone but Sektor's just on another level which was no doubt on purpose which I love. Yep, I agree, that's another thing I think those complaining about his rockets forget. MK X catters to the aggressive player, not the defensive not the zoner so wtf? We can't have one character with awesome zoning? lol

I feel for the tremor people, but I don't get why they want Sektor nerfed because their guy got screwed. Plus Sektor is one of those characters once you get in on him is as vulnerable as anyone as far as i'm concerned, his strings aren't lightning fast like say ohh LK, Cage, Cassie, KL etc but I guess most people support the pro rush down game. Well, not a zoner lol. I love the shower rockets and how you can alter their trajectory close, far it stops the running game which in MK X's case is a good thing since a lot of characters once in your face can't be stopped or it's a pain...

I really do hope MK 11 in that regard is like MK 9 as far as having characters that can catter to everyone not just aggressive rush down players like MK X supports mostly, and like a few zoning characters lol

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Sektor's up rockets are pretty dumb tbh besides the OP hit advantage. They follow a character's movement at times even though they have already started to comedown. An example of this is doing Shinnok's shoulder charge at max range right after up rocket is out. The rockets will land just behind him one by one as he's moving, "following" him in effect instead of all landing where the first one landed. Also, the move wrecks teleports. With Imposter for example, on a read, two rockets will fall correctly where they should and the last one will completely change sides and follow Shinnok. Couple this with the fact the rockets hit for an insane amount of hit advantage that can be converted into a combo effortlessly (roughly over a second of time to react) and you have one fucked up move for keep out.

But NRS nerfed Tremor. Lmao

I'll post a vid if need be but this shits beyond dumb. The move doesn't work as designed and as such makes him a significant problem to deal. Great job NRS! I may just pick him up!
I think they changed them cause I'm not getting this "following" thing from up rockets.

Like honestly I was playing vs all these people using dlc and all they did was run in and start their pressure, they'd do that over and over or jump in even if they keep getting punished for it.

Most have all bnbs and set ups down but 0 fundamentals, it's mind blowing.
Yep. Online randoms hear that X character is super OP, they pick it up, start going nuts and still continue to lose against better players because they have no fundamentals.
The worst for me is when I play someone that understands blocking even a little bit. We can play neutral and all that but the moment I mess up it's 30% damage setups over and over and over again.

FYI they already got nerfed.
You don't wanna see the list...
You know exactly what got changed?

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
Up rockets start at 54 frames and it leads to full combo on hit. Other projectiles that do the same start at 17 frames. I don't see the issue here.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Reo posted a quick vid of my discovery the day after I posted this here. Enjoy this braindead nonsense.
I can't get that to work with just dashing. When I first tried sektor, I set both characters as sektor. I was trying to see what I can do to setup missiles if my opponent has a teleport and Sektor was punishing with no fear of a stray missile hitting. I then tried some stuff with shinnok since you brought him up and I couldn't get the stray missile. I think that's either been changed or there is a weird timing to it. Likee maybe you can't teleport on reaction to up rockets but slightly after you can. Might negate some possible punishes (like how jason's is just a teleport no punch) but Sektor would still have defend against whatever is coming next.

The way I just tried is, going fullscreen and using straight rocket. Then have Jason wake up Lake Mist. I've gotten all 3 missile to end up hitting a bit in front of Sektor because they're tracking Jason's movement. But I haven't gotten 3 different missile locations or even 2. (Which I guess is pretty cool insight into how the moves are programmed)

EDIT: I just got it to work. For anyone interested you'd have to teleport pretty close to at the same time as up rockets. So I guess straight teleports like Raiden and Jason can't punish but the teleport punches can. I don't know why it took me forever to get this to work.

EDIT2: I've gotten Jason to punish it with 111 at what I figure would be reaction/read timing. The missiles all miss because of the forward momentum of Jason's 111 string.

I still think it's a bit silly the missile all go differently. I plan on playing Sektor but I despise hidden missiles and any move that reminds me of it. But it seems players could just get around this with the appropriate buttons. Until NRS changes this, if ever.

Last edited:

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
Yep, and I don't even think his shower missiles giving the free follow up on trade is THAT big a deal I mean if you trade with someone like say sub-zero or scorp's hellfire you're stunned just as long if not longer actually, and can't always get guaranteed free combo off the teleport.
I'm going to assume you meant Scorp's Flame Aura, as his move "Hellfire" literally leaves you negative on HIT?

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I'm going to assume you meant Scorp's Flame Aura, as his move "Hellfire" literally leaves you negative on HIT?
The hellfire, but maybe the guy did the ex version since you know a match you're not thinking about that stuff all I know is we traded hellfire burned me, my missiles hit him I tped asap he was able to block...

Perhaps I'll test this out in the lab just to make sure.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
The hellfire, but maybe the guy did the ex version since you know a match you're not thinking about that stuff all I know is we traded hellfire burned me, my missiles hit him I tped asap he was able to block...

Perhaps I'll test this out in the lab just to make sure.
Perhaps you should, and perhaps next time do it before posting a bunch of misinformation in the forums.

EX-Hellfire: 27f startup, 4 active, -1 on hit.

There literally isn't a timing that DOESN'T trade into full combo for Sektor, anywhere on the screen

migosan

MK Philippines / Injustice Philippines
Yep, and I don't even think his shower missiles giving the free follow up on trade is THAT big a deal I mean if you trade with someone like say sub-zero or scorp's hellfire you're stunned just as long if not longer actually, and can't always get guaranteed free combo off the teleport. The rockets are the only viable zoning tool IMO out of most character, sure few others can zone but Sektor's just on another level which was no doubt on purpose which I love. Yep, I agree, that's another thing I think those complaining about his rockets forget. MK X catters to the aggressive player, not the defensive not the zoner so wtf? We can't have one character with awesome zoning? lol

I feel for the tremor people, but I don't get why they want Sektor nerfed because their guy got screwed. Plus Sektor is one of those characters once you get in on him is as vulnerable as anyone as far as i'm concerned, his strings aren't lightning fast like say ohh LK, Cage, Cassie, KL etc but I guess most people support the pro rush down game. Well, not a zoner lol. I love the shower rockets and how you can alter their trajectory close, far it stops the running game which in MK X's case is a good thing since a lot of characters once in your face can't be stopped or it's a pain...

I really do hope MK 11 in that regard is like MK 9 as far as having characters that can catter to everyone not just aggressive rush down players like MK X supports mostly, and like a few zoning characters lol
yepp exactly just what i wanted to say and think word for word, people must at least learn to play neutral and defense again, everyone is running like hell in this game, and now you are calling a good defensive tool braindead? tell me about all your plus and safe strings that has a mixup, restand, unblockable etc etc hahaah, run mash run mash is your thing? where is the skill there? ahaha

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
A hotfix and a patch are two different things. NRS said if there was something game breaking they'd get involved. Cossner is saying they played on a hotfixed console this weekend for a tourney.
That pretentious diva is full of it. But I guess you are right, I hope they buff aas abit more if they hot fix anything just remove the unblockables and game will be perfect.

Last edited: