What's new

TYM Online Tourney Discussion & Setup

When and what kind of tourney would you like to see next? (FT3 all thru & double elim)

• $10 Entry July 21st (1st and 2nd prize with 1st prize trophy)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
Yes. The weeklies being points based. Earning points over the course of three weeks leading to the paid entry montly. Reset points after each monthly tournament.
Wouldn’t that kinda take away from the hype of a tourney, to have so many? My idea was a “league” of sorts where you have maybe 3 shuffled people to play during the week that could rotate, and schedule open to whenever you’re both available to play FT3/5/10 or however much. Same kind of points system and I did suggest waiving the next tournament entry fee for the top player. That way, players of all skill levels could still find a window to play when they need to during the week and it keeps things rolling to set the bigger stage of the tourney. And of course, they won’t feel like casuals because there’s still plenty of incentive behind them not being just another set.

I do agree though, and all of this is a great idea. I would just worry about availability of players having a tourney every week, plus losing some of its vibe instead of spacing out just one tourney every so often. (Once a month, maybe a little longer spacing)

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
Heck yeah it's a physical trophy! Lol
@Based Pr0digy is getting a similar one but has a different base on it. I was bummed they didn't have green color fill because that would have been perfect for the XBL winner.

So far it looks like July 20-21st $5 Entry is slated to be the next tourney. I'm still working on putting together some kind of internal TYM member league, players doing well in that league could waive entry fees for upcoming tourneys. I'll roll out what I have this weekend and see what you guys think. :)

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
Screw it, I'll show you what I have so far. Let me know your thoughts on all this. I think there's huge potential here and it will seamlessly fit with tourneys in the future:

TYM MK11 League (PSN & XBL)

Ok so... no one flip out when they read this. LOL! I have a feeling most of us know how we feel about the new "Kombat League" in MK11 online. There's a lot of mixed reactions to it, mostly negative from what I've seen. Bad connections, poor sportsmanship, people disconnecting... So what I have to present to you is merely a concept or idea of something WE could do on our own that would be fun.

• Unique prizes and tournament entry fees waived for future TYM events. (possible sponsorship to locals or major events??)
    [*]A "Coach" option where a high level player can sit AFK, play matches with you, help you improve over time in the league season.
    [*]"Seasons" could just be monthly.
    [*]TYM member enrollment only, this will stand out in a BIG way from the actual KL with the poor sportsmanship we've see on there.
    [*]Could be free, or possible entry fee seasonal/annual but very inexpensive $5-$20? (will payout to league winners and extra prizes)
    [*]A CONSISTENT and constantly updated ranking system between wins, losses, and statistics of TYM member only matches in the league.
---------------------------------------

Scheduling and Layout
----------------------------

Example: Let's say my schedule consists of the following week...
Dreamcatcher vs. circus, Dreamcatcher vs. Kombat Chef, Dreamcatcher vs. vSlayer.
I would have ALL WEEK to schedule what time works best for both of us to play our set of FT3. We report the score to the TYM thread, collect your points and view your TYM ranking. Simple.

-----------------------
Point System
----------------
Very basic way to track:
1 point for

• Winning a match
  • Winning a set

MINUS 1 point for

• Not playing someone in your weekly schedule
  • Disconnecting, leaving early, etc. (probably just be kicked out for bad sportsmanship in general TBH)

(Now let's take it one step further and say that we've reported scores from the above schedule.)
Fake scores for example:

Dreamcatcher vs. circus (0-3 circus)
Dreamcatcher vs. Kombat Chef (3-2 me)
Dreamcatcher vs. vSlayer (2-3 vSlayer)

Total points earned = 6
(1 point for each match won, one extra point for winning a set)
We could also do a bonus point structure that would rotate, such as "July bonus is +1 point for each full set you win as D'Vorah" kinda similar to MK11 achievements.

----------------
Rankings
-----------
Rankings are simple too. They are just based on POINTS alone:
Example: Dreamcatcher is done playing through week one where 6 points were earned.
(Fake rankings for example)

circus (10)
Jakealo (9)
vSlayer (8)
Kombat Chef (7)

Dreamcatcher (6)

At the end of the league "season" (I'm planning monthly up to each tourney) the board leader #1 gets free entry to that month's tourney if there's an entry fee. THE LEAGUE RESULTS SEED THE MONTHLY TOURNEY.
------------------------
"COACH" Option
---------------------
Most of us want to level up and improve, so here's a great way to integrate that into this:
Let's say @Circus wants to be a "coach" for a league season...

• Must be "sponsored" by at least 4 other TYM league members. (that way less experienced players aren't misinforming others)
  • He (circus) could sit AFK in matches he could to watch that player he's helping and give them advice (after the set) to improve.
  • Being a "coach" for this example, Circus would earn an extra 5 points at the end of the league season as long as the player he was helping signs off that sufficient guidance was provided.
  • MAX players to coach in a season is one, this will help devote time to just ONE player to help them level up.
@Juggs @Vslayer @Circus

Last edited:

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
Unique prizes and tournament entry fees waived for future TYM events. (possible sponsorship to locals or major events??)
]A "Coach" option where a high level player can sit AFK, play matches with you, help you improve over time in the league season.
[*]TYM member enrollment only, this will stand out in a BIG way from the actual KL with the poor sportsmanship we've see on there.
[*]Could be free, or possible entry fee seasonal/annual but very inexpensive $5-$20? (will payout to league winners and extra prizes)
[*]A CONSISTENT and constantly updated ranking system between wins, losses, and statistics of TYM member only matches in the league.
I love these ideas
Especially the Major sponsorship and Coach option. I contacted STB Shijinkydink hopefully he will participate or coach us

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
I love these ideas
Especially the Major sponsorship and Coach option. I contacted STB Shijinkydink hopefully he will participate or coach us
The basic idea with that is the player would have a flight/hotel booked for them to a major event and their registration fee covered. This is tough because that can obviously add up. I don't want to jack up tourney entry fees to make up for that. It's also tricky with players from other countries because their traveling itinerary would be much different. Maybe there could be an option to cash out for a money prize if someone couldn't make a major like that.

And if they did get a full ride to a major as a prize, Test Your Might could send that player with "TYM" shirts/hat. Could be seriously cool. Those are little more than ideas without basis yet though, other than if I just funded it myself.

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
This sounds awesome. I can tell I'm leveling up already playing with good players from here. When do u plan on starting?
Yeah I can tell because fighting your Kano is a nightmare now. Lol

Umm... good question. I was thinking we could start next month if there's enough interest. And then we change the tourney dates to towards the end of each month. I think everyone should remember that layout because it will be constant. About 3-4 weeks of league play and then a tourney to cap it off for the month. If for some reason the month has a major event or a holiday going on, then we can work around it.

xKMMx

Banned
Screw it, I'll show you what I have so far. Let me know your thoughts on all this. I think there's huge potential here and it will seamlessly fit with tourneys in the future:

View attachment 15089

TYM MK11 League (PSN & XBL)

Ok so... no one flip out when they read this. LOL! I have a feeling most of us know how we feel about the new "Kombat League" in MK11 online. There's a lot of mixed reactions to it, mostly negative from what I've seen. Bad connections, poor sportsmanship, people disconnecting... So what I have to present to you is merely a concept or idea of something WE could do on our own that would be fun.

• Unique prizes and tournament entry fees waived for future TYM events. (possible sponsorship to locals or major events??)
    [*]A "Coach" option where a high level player can sit AFK, play matches with you, help you improve over time in the league season.
---------------------------------------

Scheduling and Layout
----------------------------

Example: Let's say my schedule consists of the following week...
Dreamcatcher vs. circus, Dreamcatcher vs. Kombat Chef, Dreamcatcher vs. vSlayer.
I would have ALL WEEK to schedule what time works best for both of us to play our set of FT3. We report the score to the TYM thread, collect your points and view your TYM ranking. Simple.

-----------------------
Point System
----------------
Very basic way to track:
1 point for

• Winning a match
  • Winning a set

MINUS 1 point for

• Not playing someone in your weekly schedule
  • Disconnecting, leaving early, etc. (probably just be kicked out for bad sportsmanship in general TBH)

(Now let's take it one step further and say that we've reported scores from the above schedule.)
Fake scores for example:

Dreamcatcher vs. circus (0-3 circus)
Dreamcatcher vs. Kombat Chef (3-2 me)
Dreamcatcher vs. vSlayer (2-3 vSlayer)

Total points earned = 6
(1 point for each match won, one extra point for winning a set)
We could also do a bonus point structure that would rotate, such as "July bonus is +1 point for each full set you win as D'Vorah" kinda similar to MK11 achievements.

----------------
Rankings
-----------
Rankings are simple too. They are just based on POINTS alone:
Example: Dreamcatcher is done playing through week one where 6 points were earned.
(Fake rankings for example)

circus (10)
Jakealo (9)
vSlayer (8)
Kombat Chef (7)

Dreamcatcher (6)

At the end of the league "season" (I'm planning monthly up to each tourney) the board leader #1 gets free entry to that month's tourney if there's an entry fee. THE LEAGUE RESULTS SEED THE MONTHLY TOURNEY.
------------------------
"COACH" Option
---------------------
Most of us want to level up and improve, so here's a great way to integrate that into this:
Let's say @Circus wants to be a "coach" for a league season...

• Must be "sponsored" by at least 4 other TYM league members. (that way less experienced players aren't misinforming others)
  • He (circus) could sit AFK in matches he could to watch that player he's helping and give them advice (after the set) to improve.
  • Being a "coach" for this example, Circus would earn an extra 5 points at the end of the league season as long as the player he was helping signs off that sufficient guidance was provided.
  • MAX players to coach in a season is one, this will help devote time to just ONE player to help them level up.
@Juggs @Vslayer @Circus
I'm all in with this especially the coaching aspect. Ive always felt like I could benefit from a better player giving me specific things to work on and a practical plan for how to work on those things.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
The tournaments went well, but I'd maybe run 2 or 3 more before trying to expand it too much.

Inzzane_79

Every time someone farts, a demon gets his wings
Oh please make this happen!!! Sounds really good.

I´m tired of KL already and all the BS that is going on there. Would be refreshing to play people in a league that have a brain and actually know how to use it and don´t get salty and quit after one match.

Status
Not open for further replies.