What's new

TYM Online Tourney Discussion & Setup

When and what kind of tourney would you like to see next? (FT3 all thru & double elim)

• $10 Entry July 21st (1st and 2nd prize with 1st prize trophy)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
It's never been nor will this ever be about money. Fees and prizes are only meant as a fun incentive, which also helps weed out non-committed players like @karaokelove said.

There's no reason why we can't do a free tourney, a $5 entry, or a $20 sometimes. We could just do them spread out for whoever is able to join. Last thing I want is for someone to not be able to play because the fee prevents them, so we could offer options over time.

A double elimination structure to me is a no brainer. I would have done that for this go around, but with this short of notice and unsure about entrants we did not.

Personally, I really liked the FT3/FT5/FT10. It seemed to separate the gameplay from ranked and KL pretty well. Without things being rushed for a best of 3, we also got some nice quality gameplay squeezed out, and we saw some amazing adaptation from players. (@Jakealo definitely comes to mind)

Actually you know what I change my mind. It should all be ft3 grand finals as well but as per normal tournaments with a loser bracket, loser can reset by wining 3 and win the whole thing with another 3 (so 6 games for them to win) and person in winners bracket just needs 3. Of course if we make a poll and people disagree it is what it is

sars

Noob
Actually you know what I change my mind. It should all be ft3 grand finals as well but as per normal tournaments with a loser bracket, loser can reset by wining 3 and win the whole thing with another 3 (so 6 games for them to win) and person in winners bracket just needs 3. Of course if we make a poll and people disagree it is what it is
I think that’s good, that’s what MK tournaments used to be. Especially if the tournaments grow.

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
I opened a poll in the thread with a suggested date of third full weekend in July, whether that be one day or two. Let me know what format everyone would prefer, I think the majority is FT3 all thru like the majors with losers bracket.

Keep in mind if we do a losers bracket, that's gonna be a ton of matches going on at once. We would seriously need some all hands on deck streaming if we hope to catch most/all that we can.

another edit: Or we could keep it simple and just stream the semis and finals?

Last edited:
I opened a poll in the thread with a suggested date of third full weekend in July, whether that be one day or two. Let me know what format everyone would prefer, I think the majority is FT3 all thru like the majors with losers bracket.

Keep in mind if we do a losers bracket, that's gonna be a ton of matches going on at once. We would seriously need some all hands on deck streaming if we hope to catch most/all that we can.

Honestly how to stream is kinda a hard one cuz different tournaments do that differently as well

Last edited:

xKMMx

Banned
Honestly I like it all being a one day thing. It was really hard for me to be able to balance dealing with setting up a match time with an oppoenent in England as well as dealing with my 2 year old on a week day.
Obviously we all have our lives so we all have our own obstacles just personally its easier for me to plan to be around for say 8 hours if I made it far rather than 3 days if I were to make it that far.....

But based off the fact that I didn't even win a round in my prelim match I don't think I have to worry about being available for GF's in any tourneys soon. Lmao

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)

Ok my preferred format is:

2 day (unless its easier to do 1 day) I feel this gives the Spotters, players, streamers and TO's time to rest between sets and rounds.

I like FT5 because of the adaptability of it but I understand its easier to keep it shorter and I'm willing to play FT3. Its FT2 I think is shit. So I vote FT3 all the way through.

Losers Bracket: I feel this is a must, I know I have iffy games and having the chance to come back is where its at, its also hype. Maybe just stream the Semi finals onward because I feel most would just watch the finals anyways. I do like watching my sets and analyzing what players did but I think everything is recorded in game through MK11's replay feature.

As for entry fees: I like Free and $5. I think there are multiple ways to get money for TYM and those doing all the work. A donate option for TYM would be awesome and maybe a fund for tournaments that can be used for prize pools. YouTube, Twitch, GoFundMe and any other ideas we can come up with that has people donate for future/current tournaments. Maybe even on top of $5 entry fees.

Along with my idea above i think 1-4 places being paid is the way to go. We can even ask the winner if they would like to donate 20% to TYM or have a permanent percentage taken for everything that goes into maintenance of the site and tournaments?

i think it was great all around! I definitely enjoyed watching and thought the presentation was surprisingly awesome...even had the commentary and allllll that good stuff...I also second the auction thing with some of the earnings going back into upkeep for the site and future tourney pots possibly. Great fun all around and a good learning experience for my old brain

stokedAF

casual kahnage
This would be fun. Could you imagine how much Scorpion or Geras would go for lol
I have only played one Geras surprisingly and I beat him so he must have been terrible. I have played many Scorpos tho, he would be the money for sure. And I would be cheering for him to lose lmao.

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
To piggyback off this, if we were to do this, say monthly, who would be interested in some form of small scale weekly competition?
I would be, that's why I suggested a TYM "league" of sorts. It could have a weekly game schedule of FT3/5 or whatever works and a few different players mixed in each week you'd have to play. Wins = points, internal ranking system, that kind of stuff.

But at the end of the day I'm happy to just play more often with people from this forum, whether it's tourney or anything else.

I agree my 2nd round match I would of won the first to 2, my opponent would of won the first to 3 and I won the first to 5. I think ft 2 is to short but first to 3 or 5 no one can really complain about. Especially if someone is paying money. The more matches they get to play the better
Yeah Me and Sars were back and forth.Intense matches.

Professor Oak

Are you a boy or girl?
Maybe, if we had the monthly tournaments as paid entries, the weeklies could be over the three weeks without a monthly. Most cumulative points given free entry to the monthly. That way theres incentive, constant content for building stream/vod viewers, and room for everyone to practice.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Maybe, if we had the monthly tournaments as paid entries, the weeklies could be over the three weeks without a monthly. Most cumulative points given free entry to the monthly. That way theres incentive, constant content for building stream/vod viewers, and room for everyone to practice.
That’s a great idea!

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
Are you saying weekly free tourneys and paid entry monthly as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.