What's new

TYM Online Tourney Discussion & Setup

When and what kind of tourney would you like to see next? (FT3 all thru & double elim)

• $10 Entry July 21st (1st and 2nd prize with 1st prize trophy)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Only need 2 more TYM members to endorse @Circus as a coach. If you have anyone else in mind, feel free. I do think @Jakealo, @Based Pr0digy, and @Juggs would be great as well if they were interested. (many others come to mind but I can only tag 4 people per post or it won't work lol)
I think I’d be a good coach if you guys would have me. I’m not the best at the game but I understand it pretty well

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
ill endorse @Circus as well..if hes coaching hes not practicing kano :/
That makes 4. @Circus is our first official coach.:)
I think I’d be a good coach if you guys would have me. I’m not the best at the game but I understand it pretty well
I definitely endorse that. You're quite humble for a man that just won a tournament against some very tough players last week.
------
Well guys, I think I only have one or two objections to not do this thing... so it seems like most of us agree that we want a league within TYM. I will start another thread for the league itself that hopefully we can sticky (if you're cool with that @Vslayer?) and start getting people signed up.

No one should have to worry about scheduling, because again you can play your FT3 within the entire week as long as your opponents are fine with day and time. We will do the first 3 weeks of the month for the league, so you will play a total of 9 other players (3 per week) FT3, ending each month with a tourney. That tournament will be seeded by the ranking from league and top seed has entry fee waived. The tiebreaker for seeding will be duration of TYM membership.

The tourneys within the league will be FREE. If and when we do other ones that are separate they might have entry fees to build a prize pool. It will likely be Paypal and I will provide all records of funding and payout with account login at all times to TYM administration as we go. (@STORMS) All funds go directly towards prize pool itself and I will go over more of that when I roll out the league thread. We will do other tourneys spaced out more than a few months. I also thought about an annual or even semi-annual tourney with an entry up to $50? Imagine that payout for top placing.;)

We will start the league JULY 8TH. This is for two reasons: Give people the time they need for the 4th of July with traveling and family/whatnot, and also the first two weeks will be a sort of "test run"... Make no mistake, your points will still count but we will be flying by the seat of our pants the for the first month in July. A week should be plenty of notice, and if not please let me know. (reply here or PM me)

FINAL NOTE: I won't be playing in this league, or any tourneys that I run. I want to be focused on doing it correctly and while I would love to also participate, it's too much to balance. Please keep in mind I am doing this FOR YOU and the MK community. I try to be as approachable as possible and receptive to feedback, but please remember how much time and effort goes into this before you slam it or are negative. Mortal Kombat has been a major cornerstone in my life and it, along with the great people I've met along the way, have helped me through good times AND bad. So with that being said, it's important to me that I give back and honestly... it's a TON of fun. I am honored by the privilege to host these events as long as you let me. And of course I will still play games with any and all of you outside of this!

Stay tuned for the league thread where you can signup later today. :)

If you meet players online that are cool or have a good attitude, SEND THEM TO THIS SITE! This is imperative, especially if they want to meet other players or get better. Maybe I will add a bonus point structure for "referrals" because it will only help us grow.

Last edited:

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
I guess we could keep the league tourneys free, that would probably make more sense. So the whole program is jump in at any time for no fee.

Then if we do some big event tourney later on that's separate, we could do an entry and big prize pool thing.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
That makes 4. @Circus is our first official coach.:)

I definitely endorse that. You're quite humble for a man that just won a tournament against some very tough players last week.
------
Well guys, I think I only have one or two objections to not do this thing... so it seems like most of us agree that we want a league within TYM. I will start another thread for the league itself that hopefully we can sticky (if you're cool with that @Vslayer?) and start getting people signed up.

No one should have to worry about scheduling, because again you can play your FT3 within the entire week as long as your opponents are fine with day and time. We will do the first 3 weeks of the month for the league, so you will play a total of 9 other players (3 per week) FT3, ending each month with a tourney. That tournament will be seeded by the ranking from league and top seed has entry fee waived. The tiebreaker for seeding will be duration of TYM membership.

The entry fee for the league tourneys will be $5, I would seriously hope that won't deter anyone from playing. It will likely be Paypal and I will provide all records of funding and payout with account login at all times to TYM administration as we go. (@STORMS) All funds go directly towards prize pool itself and I will go over more of that when I roll out the league thread itself. We will do other tourneys spaced out more than a few months. I also thought about an annual or even semi-annual tourney with an entry up to $50... imagine that payout for top placing.;)

We will start the league JULY 8TH. This is for two reasons: Give people the time they need for the 4th of July with traveling and family/whatnot, and also the first two weeks will be a sort of "test run"... Make no mistake, your points will still count but we will be flying by the seat of our pants the for the first month in July. A week should be plenty of notice, and if not please let me know. (reply here or PM me)

FINAL NOTE: I won't be playing in this league, or any tourneys that I run. I want to be focused on doing it correctly and while I would love to also participate, it's too much to balance. Please keep in mind I am doing this FOR YOU and the MK community. I try to be as approachable as possible and receptive to feedback, but please remember how much time and effort goes into this before you slam it or are negative. Mortal Kombat has been a major cornerstone in my life and it, along with the great people I've met along the way, have helped me through good times AND bad. So with that being said, it's important to me that I give back and honestly... it's a TON of fun. I am honored by the privilege to host these events as long as you let me. And of course I will still play games with any and all of you outside of this!

Stay tuned for the league thread where you can signup later today. :)

If you meet players online that are cool or have a good attitude, SEND THEM TO THIS SITE! This is imperative, especially if they want to meet other players or get better. Maybe I will add a bonus point structure for "referrals" because it will only help us grow.
Yes sir! Tag me in the thread and I'll sticky it. Wanna make it in the Kompetitive forum?

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
Damn I want in, but I’m busy that whole weekend. Hope to catch the next one!

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
Damn I want in, but I’m busy that whole weekend. Hope to catch the next one!
The tourney date is being changed to the next weekend in July (27-28th). They will all be the last full weekend in the month to coincide with the new league. So you can still play in it if you're available.

Status
Not open for further replies.