What's new

Splat Standing Reset Tech

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Yeah Nightwing and Batman are easier to time. For Batman you can use bats to time it B3-Bats-F3. For Nightwing you just got to get the feeling of it down; he can do it both stances as well.
Yeah Nightwing felt pretty slick with this tech so I can see it becoming a regular thing to see from high level players with him. Do you know if bounce cancels still let this happen or does it negate the odd fast stand property of doubling up the F3?

EpitomicaL

I play for FUN!
Yeah Nightwing felt pretty slick with this tech so I can see it becoming a regular thing to see from high level players with him. Do you know if bounce cancels still let this happen or does it negate the odd fast stand property of doubling up the F3?
Yeah it still works with the cancel, at least for B3-F3; not too sure about the double F3's though let me know what you find.

EpitomicaL

I play for FUN!
The purpose of this video is just to showcase all the characters that can do the F3-F3 standing reset variation. Note I didn't show the previously mentioned characters (Batman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Doomsday, Bane, and Harley Quinn) because they can do the B3-F3 reset which is better for combos.

I had many people ask me the frame data on this and well basically is a 50|50. Now whether or not this is a good thing to do, well that's up to you. The timing is very strict but this is a good way to mix-up your opponents and it can set up some pretty high-damage combos, as shown on my previous video.

Thanks to PryceMonsta (prycethebeast) and BabyMenace for helping me do this videos and showcasing the tech; enjoy :)

Feel free to post any questions below, and be sure to subscribe and like the video, thanks.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Thanks and yeah with Catwoman is almost impossible. Joker and Flash seem not to be able to do this also.
Even if it was possible with Catwoman no one would do it because the double f3 knockdown gives more frame advantage than this would anyway.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
I just did some testing and batman is definitely at plus frames after landing B3,F3. I'd say he's got at least 4 frames of advantage but it could be more.

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
Lol I get free 80% resets w batman all the time online. I really wish this would get more attention -_-

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Doomsday is somewhere in the +2 to +4 range after the re-stand and can get a guaranteed d1~(special) if they don't perform a wakeup attack. Also, if he gets a shortened splat (or regular splat in the corner), they must block df2 MB low or get OTG launched into a new combo.

This is awesome, great job! Has anyone tried this with Batgirl's F3? Should work too right? Has about the same arc as Cyborg's.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
This is awesome, great job! Has anyone tried this with Batgirl's F3? Should work too right? Has about the same arc as Cyborg's.
I don't think it works with Batgirl. I was trying it the other day. Her recovery on F3 is pretty slow, so i don't think she would be at advantage afterwards anyway.

Apparently f3, f3 works with her, but only seems to work on the bigger characters and in the corner.

On another note, she does have some weird stuff you can do by meter-buring the bola into F3, but it's more like the underneath splat that Ares, Shazam and Catwoman have. (see this thread)

The timing/spacing seems too strict for the meter waste unless you just need the unbreakable damage. At least I think B3 bola MB F3 is unbreakable...

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
How am I only seeing this thread now? smh

EDIT: Nevermind, this is useless for Killer Frost as her f3 is not advantage like other characcters, she is full combo punishable when she does this lol

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
How am I only seeing this thread now? smh

EDIT: Nevermind, this is useless for Killer Frost as her f3 is not advantage like other characcters, she is full combo punishable when she does this lol
Yeah, some characters are not at advantage. KF is one of them. I was disappointed too :(

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
Rip Torn do u consistently land this online? I can do it 8/10 w batman with nearly 100% success rate, being that I land the reset and full combo after. There was one time someone woke up from it but i read the wake up miraculously and safe jumped it into 113 b3 punish

So I experimented with Batgirl's F3, it definitely works, though the timing is tricky. I couldn't really hit it consistently but I certainly hit it a few times, just requires practice. Again, excellent find to the original uploader.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Rip Torn do u consistently land this online? I can do it 8/10 w batman with nearly 100% success rate, being that I land the reset and full combo after. There was one time someone woke up from it but i read the wake up miraculously and safe jumped it into 113 b3 punish

Right now I'm using Batgirl and Killer Frost the most so I don't really ever go for it. I only used it when I had a brief stint with Nightwing a few weeks back but now I'm onto Bane, so I'll let you know how that goes...

Batman seems to be one of the best at doing this, especially with the call bats which seems to work as a spacing tool as well as a timing tool. He moves back ever so slightly when you cancel call bats animation into F3. I'm not that surprised that you can land it with some consistency even online.