What's new

Splat Standing Reset Tech

EpitomicaL

I play for FUN!
This is great! I had no idea this was possible! Great work, guys. Spread the word to as many as you can. We need to get people in the lab testing the value of this and getting better damage for low-damage characters. I can consistently do this as GL and Lobo (my two mains) offline. I haven't tried online yet, but I'm assuming it won't be so easy.

Again, great work and spread the word!
Thanks man, I was in the for at least 5 hours to do those combos shown in the video; GL timing is VERY strict!! good luck lol. Batman is easy to hit online because you can time it using trait (bats), so B3-Bats-F3 and if you do it correctly you'll landed most of the time. I haven't tried Lobo but according to Rip Torn he can do a F3-F3.

---Spread the word---

Thanks man, I was in the for at least 5 hours to do those combos shown in the video; GL timing is VERY strict!! good luck lol. Batman is easy to hit online because you can time it using trait (bats), so B3-Bats-F3 and if you do it correctly you'll landed most of the time. I haven't tried Lobo but according to Rip Torn he can do a F3-F3.

---Spread the word---
Yeah, GL is a doozy. Lobo's b3-F3 is giving me a bit of trouble, but the f3-f3 works like a charm. Thanks for your effort!

EpitomicaL

I play for FUN!
Yeah, GL is a doozy. Lobo's b3-F3 is giving me a bit of trouble, but the f3-f3 works like a charm. Thanks for your effort!
No problem be sure to post what you find; I'm trying to do F3-F3 with the whole cast now and Black Adam has been my only breakthrough. Joker seems to be impossible with either one (b3-f3;f3-f3).

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
That's cool that you can use trait as a timing mechanism. Batman seems to get a lot of advantage off the re-stand.

Pretty sure Lobo can only do the F3,F3 version. Maybe you can do B3,F3 in the corner.

I know Raven can do it too.

EpitomicaL

I play for FUN!
That's cool that you can use trait as a timing mechanism. Batman seems to get a lot of advantage off the re-stand.

Pretty sure Lobo can only do the F3,F3 version. Maybe you can do B3,F3 in the corner.

I know Raven can do it too.

Will update you guys soon; Tried have of the cast already with F3-F3 and most seem to work.

Ok, so I can't record my combos as video, but I'll post what I did here.

As Green Lantern:
Back+1, 3 xx Lantern's Might MB, B3, F3 at last second for the reset, 123 xx Lantern's Might.

I don't remember the exact damage, but it was pretty darn high. That Scorpion player was very angry with me. Eh, at least he stuck in the match.

EpitomicaL

I play for FUN!
Alright guys so I just went through the whole cast and this are my findings. Note I did not try to do the F3-F3 variation with the previously mentioned characters (Batman, Nightwing, Harley Quinn, Green Lantern, Green Arrow, Doomsday, and Bane) because I have already confirmed that they can do B3-F3 which is better for combos (look at the videos). On that note here are my findings

F3-F3 Confirmed

Ares
Raven
Lex Luthor
Aquaman
Scorpion
Deathstroke
Wonder Woman
Lobo
Killer Frost
Sinestro
Batgirl
Black Adam
Cyborg
Solomon Grundy
Hawkgirl
Superman
Shazam

B3-F3 Confirmed

Batman
Green Lantern
Nightwing
Black Adam
Harley Quinn
Green Arrow
Doomsday
Bane
Green Lantern

Not Working | Impossible

Catwoman (F3 is not a knockdown)
Joker (Too slow)
Flash (Doesn’t register)

Thanks to PryceMonsta and BabyMenace for helping out. I’ll have a video showing the F3-F3 confirmed characters soon stay tuned.

Be sure to try this yourself and share your findings; also spread the word and make some awesome combos!

BGMD

Noob
Pretty sure Lobo can only do the F3,F3 version. Maybe you can do B3,F3 in the corner
I think I did b3 f3 with Lobo, but not sure lol... I'm trying to replicate it, no luck... even if
I manage to do it again, it's certainly not viable
if I do a small step forward before f3, splat animation is much shorter

BGMD

Noob
OK, b3 (small walk) f3 works with Lobo midscreen , it's possible but holy crap - this must be tightest timing ever to pull something off... it's more based on luck, not practical by any means

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
... How is this news?
This is literally the oldest thing in the world for Bane users... As usual. Everything you guys find that's "tech" is never anything new :(
Don't even bother with f.3 and b.3, very impractical and a lot of characters have strings and normal attacks that also cause a similar state.

Hell, I can do it with about 7-10 of Bane's attacks outside of f.3. f.1, for example, and b.21. I can throw both of those reliably mid-combo to cause the state and benefit from it, and then you have the fast stands like d.2 d.2, b.23, and the like...

Alright guys so I just went through the whole cast and this are my findings. Note I did not try to do the F3-F3 variation with the previously mentioned characters (Batman, Nightwing, Harley Quinn, Green Lantern, Green Arrow, Doomsday, and Bane) because I have already confirmed that they can do B3-F3 which is better for combos (look at the videos). On that note here are my findings

F3-F3 Confirmed

Ares
Raven
Lex Luthor
Aquaman
Scorpion
Deathstroke
Wonder Woman
Lobo
Killer Frost
Sinestro
Batgirl
Black Adam
Cyborg
Solomon Grundy
Hawkgirl
Superman
Shazam

B3-F3 Confirmed

Batman
Green Lantern
Nightwing
Black Adam
Harley Quinn
Green Arrow
Doomsday
Bane
Green Lantern

Not Working | Impossible

Catwoman (F3 is not a knockdown)
Joker (Too slow)
Flash (Doesn’t register)

Thanks to PryceMonsta and BabyMenace for helping out. I’ll have a video showing the F3-F3 confirmed characters soon stay tuned.

Be sure to try this yourself and share your findings; also spread the word and make some awesome combos!
Grundy f3 f3 works
ll Nooby ll
AK L0rdoftheFLY
BurdManJR270
Gruff757
AdmiralAugustus
1man3letters
@All Grundy Mains - Everyone to the lab!!!!!!!

LOCO

DADDY BARAKA
diz actualy works with any move dat causes a splat in air Rip Torn
the trick is in the lower they are when hit the quicker theyll get up

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Everyone is calling it a tech... Its not even a tech. Its not something unique or game breaking, or heck even game changing. Most of the time this will be pretty much impractical as its listed, and as LOCO said pretty much works with any form of splat.

LOCO

DADDY BARAKA
Everyone is calling it a tech... Its not even a tech. Its not something unique or game breaking, or heck even game changing. Most of the time this will be pretty much impractical as its listed, and as LOCO said pretty much works with any form of splat.
it is tech tho
quick standup? thats big
its a tool that was known by some and not by others but none the less still a viable "tech"

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
it is tech tho
quick standup? thats big
its a tool that was known by some and not by others but none the less still a viable "tech"
A "tech" would be something that is not only accessible to characters but is also practical and can be used openly.
The splat tech? Quick stand-up? Its all good until you realize that this is just normal move function.
If it were just f.3? Yeah, that's nifty and would be a tech. If it were just splats? Even that would be a tech...

But this is just how some moves work. You can do a quick stand off of a splat, a soft knockdown, hell most characters can force a quick stand off of linking together two d.2s. I don't use a 123 string and call it tech, because frankly its something that comes with the character. Its nothing special or new, its not something that requires any special mechanic to take advantage of, and at that its an impractical example. I can do a fast stand with more or less 8 of Bane's normal attacks and about 4 of his strings, it stops becoming a "tech" and turns into attack function. You guys are late to the party, yeah, you never bothered to look into this stuff, but its not tech.

And viability is questionable since for the most part you are trading in bigger damage and BnB combos to try and time these stands, unless you are someone like Bane who thrives on resets and the like and has multiple known options to work with it isn't going to be worth it overall. There's enders that leave you at more advantage, do more damage, carry further, are just overall better.

tl;dr: If this was a tech, it would change how people play the game. Flatly, anyone whom will be using this has probably already found it, anyone who hasn't... Welcome to the level of week 1 Bane. Its how the moves work, it works for a multitude of them and its just how they function.

LOCO

DADDY BARAKA
Doombawkz
debating on what tech is considered is neverending spit war cuz everyone has their own oppinion when it comes to that

generaly speaking tho tech is a technique, or abbility, or strategy that one can perform
good bad or ugly

for u tho... its something else ...since all moves obviously have a function

i play bane 2 so yea theres all that quick standup but tc is pointing out almost instant stabd up if done right
like i said all slams can give u quicker stand up but not all of em can hit low enough like f3 giving that instant stand
tech doesnt need to b game changn just needs to be available

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Yeah just like whif canceling becoming a debate on the definition of option selects as it wasn't a true one I'd rather not have this thread turn into a terminology debate on techs.

That said I went into the lab with Green Arrow. Hard as balls to do a F3 F3 I think I got it once or twice but B3 F3 is way easier...even still though that stuff was tricky. I hit it 1 in 5 on average so its something I'll have to train to be able to do since Green Arrow has this delay in his F3 animation after you hit it that makes it tricky to time. Bane's was way easier as you damn near had to hit F3 right after the b3 to get his slow ass to hit so the slowness helped him in this regard to have easier timing for me.

That said its going to be easier for some characters to train this than others IMO. I'm betting Nightwing's will be pretty easy to get down. I got his fairly consistently even though I dont play him.
Im strongly feeling Nightwing as the game evolves will become more present in high level play. He feels slept on right now and he's got the tools to make it happen...especially staff style.

EpitomicaL

I play for FUN!
Yeah just like whif canceling becoming a debate on the definition of option selects as it wasn't a true one I'd rather not have this thread turn into a terminology debate on techs.

That said I went into the lab with Green Arrow. Hard as balls to do a F3 F3 I think I got it once or twice but B3 F3 is way easier...even still though that stuff was tricky. I hit it 1 in 5 on average so its something I'll have to train to be able to do since Green Arrow has this delay in his F3 animation after you hit it that makes it tricky to time. Bane's was way easier as you damn near had to hit F3 right after the b3 to get his slow ass to hit so the slowness helped him in this regard to have easier timing for me.

That said its going to be easier for some characters to train this than others IMO. I'm betting Nightwing's will be pretty easy to get down. I got his fairly consistently even though I dont play him.
Im strongly feeling Nightwing as the game evolves will become more present in high level play. He feels slept on right now and he's got the tools to make it happen...especially staff style.
Yeah Nightwing and Batman are easier to time. For Batman you can use bats to time it B3-Bats-F3. For Nightwing you just got to get the feeling of it down; he can do it both stances as well.