What's new

Splat Standing Reset Tech

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
As you may already know, doing two F3's or a B3 into F3 in the same combo causes a 'splat', effectively ending your combo. A 'splat' is a hard knockdown that can't be tech-rolled. Wakeup attacks are possible after a splat.

However, If you are able to hit the second F3 on the last frame before the opponent hits the ground, the splat animation will be so short that it basically causes an instant wakeup, and you will be at frame advantage. From here, you can go into further mixups or resets depending on your character.

Also, you can shorten the regular splat distance by doing the F3 ender really late but not quite the last frame. This keeps them in range for low hitting OTG's and meaty strings.

This video is just an example of what you can do. There isn't anything guaranteed in this video but I'm sure you guys will come up with something useful out of this.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
This is awesome. Would you say the timing for the standing reset can be done consistently?
It depends on the speed of the F3. With some characters like Cyborg against bigger characters, it can be pretty consistent. With Bane against Catwoman it's not easy, probably a just frame. I couldn't even hit it at all with Harley.

Fromundaman

I write too much.
Does this work off of effects like Superman's Freeze Breath or Sinestro's Shackles if you've already used a B3/F3 earlier in the combo? (Can't actually test it atm)

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Does this work off of effects like Superman's Freeze Breath or Sinestro's Shackles if you've already used a B3/F3 earlier in the combo? (Can't actually test it atm)
It doesn't work when they are stationed on the ground during any of the ground freezes in the game. They have to be falling from the sky.

The splat re-stand does work good with Superman though.

EpitomicaL

I play for FUN!
So oddly enough my friend PryceMonsta and I came across this tech a while back. He was the one to show me it and I edited and recorded the video for him. The video below shows a B3-F3 variation with Batman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Doomsday, Bane, and Harley Quinn. The difference between a regular B3-F3 knockdown and a standing reset is also shown.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
This has been a part of the Bane stuff for awhile apparently. Had no clue it was universal, but I'd seen them mention B3 into F3 for stuff. I'm glad Green Arrow has an easy mid screen 30% + now though. Can't wait to see what Grundy can do with this. I hope its never patched out as its just a reset tool and isn't guaranteed. A lot of folks could use this to help their damage issues like Nightwing.

Im going to see if I cant get this front paged so folks know about it and test some combos off of it.

Post your combo vids here folks...I'd like to see some things to gauge how good this can get.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
This is pretty awesome, why doesn't this have more attention?
It could be good, but there are some negatives. The timing is pretty strict for some characters. They can also wakeup out of it if they see it coming.

EpitomicaL

I play for FUN!
This has been a part of the Bane stuff for awhile apparently. Had no clue it was universal, but I'd seen them mention B3 into F3 for stuff. I'm glad Green Arrow has an easy mid screen 30% + now though. Can't wait to see what Grundy can do with this. I hope its never patched out as its just a reset tool and isn't guaranteed. A lot of folks could use this to help their damage issues like Nightwing.

Im going to see if I cant get this front paged so folks know about it and test some combos off of it.

Post your combo vids here folks...I'd like to see some things to gauge how good this can get.

Awesome man, hope you can get this front page. I'll be hitting the lab to come up with some combos just for this.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
This is all perfectly good.

I thought already people did this as anti clash tech.

But apparntly not, so plugging this thread to the front page should be done, so hopefully that will make this more commonly known.

It shouldn't be patched, as it is a universal tactic.

shaowebb

But apparntly not, so plugging this thread to the front page should be done, so hopefully that will make this more commonly known.

Yeah it definitely should be allowed to remain and never patched. Its not free, its strict, its droppable...its just tech and a real tactic not an easy exploit and if someone has good reflexes and sees you do it they can react and wakeup so as good as it is its not unpunishable (though not guaranteed punishable.) Good players will use it, but its never without risk. Its pure tech that requires strong reaction skills of the player to pull it off and requires strong reaction skills from the receiver to wakeup out of. Cannot wait to see this start taking off.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Yeah ending combos with F3 knockdown is standard for all Catwoman combos. And gives her the ability to pass through your body.

I knew about B3 F3 as anti clash tech, but B3 F3 as standing reset tech? Damn, of only Shazam didn't have a shitty F3.

EpitomicaL

I play for FUN!
I knew about B3 F3 as anti clash tech, but B3 F3 as standing reset tech? Damn, of only Shazam didn't have a shitty F3.
yeah Shazam and a few other characters are not able to do this because of their slow-shitty F3's lol. I'm working on a combo video that demonstrates how this tech is game-changing, stay tuned.

shaowebb

yeah Shazam and a few other characters are not able to do this because of their slow-shitty F3's lol. I'm working on a combo video that demonstrates how this tech is game-changing, stay tuned.
Couldn't you B3 and time the F3 after that like Bane has to do? He has a pretty shitty F3 as well with its startup.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
Yeah ending combos with F3 knockdown is standard for all Catwoman combos. And gives her the ability to pass through your body.

But we don't reset them standing like this does. I'd test but I'm currently packing up my place. Have you tried this with B3? I imagine Catwoman wouldn't be able to do it with her F3...or her B3. Not sure Catwoman can do this, considering that her B3/F3 knock people away or upward, not straight down like all of these other B3/F3's that're shown in the videos.

Rambling...

EpitomicaL

I play for FUN!
Couldn't you B3 and time the F3 after that like Bane has to do? He has a pretty shitty F3 as well with its startup.
PryceMonsta and I tried it with the whole cast and Catwoman was a no-no. We spent around 10-20mins per character and yeah no luck at all; feel free to try it yourself though and let us know how it goes.

EpitomicaL

I play for FUN!
So the purpose of this video is to showcase some of the combos and set-ups you can do after a B3-F3 standing reset. Now be aware that you can wake-up, block, etc after the reset but the likely hood of doing that is very low for the simple fact that this tech is relatively new and not many know of it.

All credit goes to PryceMonsta, he is the one playing. I just recorded and edited the video for him.

Be sure to subscribe and like the video, LOTS of time was spent not only editing but to land those combos at least 10-30 mins were spent for each; enjoy :)

P.S: Tell me not, that Batman 100% combo at the end is INSANE!
@shaowebb here are the combos man lol.

UPDATE: Black Adam can also do both variations of this; B3-F3 and F3-F3

Yeah, people posted this a while ago in Green Arrow forums,I tried this for Grundy, cause you know he can reset like no pne else ,but couldn't get it to work:(

This is great! I had no idea this was possible! Great work, guys. Spread the word to as many as you can. We need to get people in the lab testing the value of this and getting better damage for low-damage characters. I can consistently do this as GL and Lobo (my two mains) offline. I haven't tried online yet, but I'm assuming it won't be so easy.

Again, great work and spread the word!