What's new

Sep. 29th 2020 Presidential Debate Discussion

M2Dave

Zoning Master
The fact that Trump has been infected will have an effect on the markets, something he does not want before the election so this conspiracy makes little sense. Knowing how Trump acts, he will brag about how healthy he is, how COVID is nothing to worry about, etc. once he recuperates. LOL.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Him being both old and fat puts him in two of the major risk groups for covid to be actually lethal. Not wishing death on the man though to be clear.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
Which is ironic, because it was Mitt Romney who basically created the first version of the ACA and implemented it in Massachusetts.
One of the Republicans biggest stumbling blocks is that Obamamcare basically is the Republican health care plan, so finding any plan to the right of that which still gives people enough health benefits simply isn't going to work. But they made a lot of hay railing against Obamacare, so now they can't really endorse it. They put themselves in a box on that one.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
Ideally President Trump would have a serious enough case that he actually starts taking the virus seriously. Unfortunately the way things seem to go it'll probably be a mild case, and he'll instead brag about how strong and tough he is and use it as an opportunity to downplay the virus. And his supporters will continue to not wear masks or socially distance.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Unfortunately the way things seem to go it'll probably be a mild case
Maybe I'm misunderstanding or i havent heard of this. Do you mean the way things seem to go in that the vast majority of infected survive covid or is there different severeties of the virus outside of co morbidities?

Obly

Ambiguous world creator
You can't blame people for at least speculating that this actually could be "fake news." The man is a known serial liar who'll do or say anything if it benefits him. We know he faked bone spurs to dodge the draft during Vietnam as just one example. And this certainly does change the media conversation--away from his tax returns, from the economic depression, his debate performance, his assault on the election process--to messages of sympathy and concern. This is definitely not all bad for him.

But sure, it's kind of unlikely to be fake. Now he can't get out there to campaign, which he surely wants to do. It makes his downplaying of protective measures and their wildly unsafe campaign rallies look pretty stupid now. It definitely could spook investors and affect the stock market. It doesn't fit at all with the message they're trying to send of, "Everything is fine, go about your normal business."

Insanely interested to see what the messaging turns out to be around this, and how it plays in states where Republican governors have been following Trump's "no masks, and open 'er all up quick as you can" lead.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
Maybe I'm misunderstanding or i havent heard of this. Do you mean the way things seem to go in that the vast majority of infected survive covid or is there different severeties of the virus outside of co morbidities?
I just meant things seem to work out for President Trump in his favor.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Melania Trump: "I'm working... my ass off on the Christmas stuff, that you know, who gives a fuck about the Christmas stuff and decorations?"

So Melania was behind the War of Christmas all along? LOL.

There is also some drama involving Kimberly Guilfoyle, whose former assistant at Fox News accused her of sexual harrassment. Guilfoyle was allegedly showing naked pictures of men to her assistant.

LeoMK29

Noob
Melania Trump: "I'm working... my ass off on the Christmas stuff, that you know, who gives a fuck about the Christmas stuff and decorations?"

So Melania was behind the War of Christmas all along? LOL.

There is also some drama involving Kimberly Guilfoyle, whose former assistant at Fox News accused her of sexual harrassment. Guilfoyle was allegedly showing naked pictures of men to her assistant.
Those people are all corrupt. They like to project onto others all the shit they themselves are doing. Can’t forget about Brad Pasquale or whatever and him scamming the trump campaign himself lmao

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Ideally President Trump would have a serious enough case that he actually starts taking the virus seriously. Unfortunately the way things seem to go it'll probably be a mild case, and he'll instead brag about how strong and tough he is and use it as an opportunity to downplay the virus. And his supporters will continue to not wear masks or socially distance.
The fact that Trump has been infected will have an effect on the markets, something he does not want before the election so this conspiracy makes little sense. Knowing how Trump acts, he will brag about how healthy he is, how COVID is nothing to worry about, etc. once he recuperates. LOL.
Exactly. “It was just like the flu” “Hydroxychloroquine worked like a charm, everybody should try it” “I’m the healthiest president in our country’s history” etc.

craftycheese

I tried to throw a yo-yo away. It was impossible.
Exactly. “It was just like the flu” “Hydroxychloroquine worked like a charm, everybody should try it” “I’m the healthiest president in our country’s history” etc.
He is most definately going to say this if he recovers whether or not he used it (most likely he's not), and that's not good.

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
Yep for the 29 million closed cases 96% survived.
Some cases test positive and have no symptoms at all. Its a strange virus

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Yep for the 29 million closed cases 96% survived.
Some cases test positive and have no symptoms at all. Its a strange virus
What scares me about it isn't what could happen to me, a healthy 20 year old man, but that I could be an asymptomatic carrier and give it to a morbidly obese person, someone who is immunocompromised, an elderly person, or someone with a respiratory condition. And not even know it... If covid wasn't contagious or if asymptomatic carriers couldn't transmit I wouldn't give less of a fuck about it in terms of how I go about my day / behave.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I’m honestly surprised it took Trump this long to contract COVID. With his attitude towards the virus, masks, social distancing, and all the people he constantly interacts with on a daily basis, I’m legitimately surprised he’s only just now testing positive for it.

The funny thing is, everything seems to be working out in Biden’s favor by pure luck. The fact that COVID even became a thing hurt Trump, Biden somehow winning the primaries by really not even doing anything other than being Obama’s VP, Trump really botching the debate and not allowing Biden to make a fool of himself because he kept giving him outs by interrupting him, now Trump gets COVID a month before the election which puts the focus right back directly on the pandemic which Trump has done such a horrible job handling.

I can 100% see Biden lucking his way into the White House.

nwo

Noob
Yeah the Democrats cucked Bernie twice, who woulda definitely been a more dangerous opponent than Hillary or Biden.
Unless Trump dies, I don't see Biden winning, but anything is possible at this point. I think our country is heading for a civil war no matter who wins.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I’m honestly surprised it took Trump this long to contract COVID. With his attitude towards the virus, masks, social distancing, and all the people he constantly interacts with on a daily basis, I’m legitimately surprised he’s only just now testing positive for it.

The funny thing is, everything seems to be working out in Biden’s favor by pure luck. The fact that COVID even became a thing hurt Trump, Biden somehow winning the primaries by really not even doing anything other than being Obama’s VP, Trump really botching the debate and not allowing Biden to make a fool of himself because he kept giving him outs by interrupting him, now Trump gets COVID a month before the election which puts the focus right back directly on the pandemic which Trump has done such a horrible job handling.

I can 100% see Biden lucking his way into the White House.
I'm not sure I'd call this luck. If Trump had displayed confident and competent leadership in the face of COVID and managed the crisis well, it would be a huge mark in his favor going into the election. Instead, he (we now know) knowingly misled the US, and basically put his head in the sand when it came to guidelines, PPE, and everything else.

So instead of being something that could bolster his case, it turned into one of the easiest arguments against his presidency.

Also, Biden's points at the debate were extremely straightforward. I'm not sure where he'd have made a fool of himself, because he seems sure of his platform and who he's talking to (the American public). It's kind of hard to go wrong with obvious stuff like readdressing climate change, tightening our handling of the pandemic, etc., when your opponent is doing none of those things.

I don't think Biden is the best debater in terms of tit-for-tat, but Trump doesn't have any solid platform of his own to put up against him, so it doesn't really matter whether he interrupts him or not.

NeonGroovyGator

Vampire mommy simp
I'm not sure I'd call this luck. If Trump had displayed confident and competent leadership in the face of COVID and managed the crisis well, it would be a huge mark in his favor going into the election. Instead, he (we now know) knowingly misled the US, and basically put his head in the sand when it came to guidelines, PPE, and everything else.

So instead of being something that could bolster his case, it turned into one of the easiest arguments against his presidency.

Also, Biden's points at the debate were extremely straightforward. I'm not sure where he'd have made a fool of himself, because he seems sure of his platform and who he's talking to (the American public). It's kind of hard to go wrong with obvious stuff like readdressing climate change, tightening our handling of the pandemic, etc., when your opponent is doing none of those things.

I don't think Biden is the best debater in terms of tit-for-tat, but Trump doesn't have any solid platform of his own to put up against him, so it doesn't really matter whether he interrupts him or not.
Some leaders in the world came out of the pandemic stronger politically. Even in my country the incredibly stupid president who tried really hard to botch his own popularity still came out with support in parts of the population he didn't really have too much of a backing on. From what I hear Trump hugely botched this entire year and Biden might just win by virtue of not being Trump;

Snibbor

Yarrrr Matey
Some leaders in the world came out of the pandemic stronger politically. Even in my country the incredibly stupid president who tried really hard to botch his own popularity still came out with support in parts of the population he didn't really have too much of a backing on. From what I hear Trump hugely botched this entire year and Biden might just win by virtue of not being Trump;
You underestimate the stupidity of many Americans. A very large number still support Trump, and even think he’s done a great job handling the virus. I live in Florida and Trump is quite popular here.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Yeah the Democrats cucked Bernie twice, who woulda definitely been a more dangerous opponent than Hillary or Biden.
Berni was screwed in 2016, but he lost fair and square in 2020.

The reality is that he is too liberal to win in the south, where Democrat voters are more moderate than the ones in states like California and New York.

I live in Florida and Trump is quite popular here.
In Ohio, the "match up" seems even, which is what the polls also indicate. Ohio is a moderate, arguably right-leaning, state. Trump would easily win if he acted like a normal human being.