What's new

Kitana General Discussion

DavesHotnJuicy

jmack_215
Thanks! I appreciate that. I’m not even high level and have messed with flawless blocks yet... I suppose I should get on that, lol.
Flawless blocks really help me when I use kitana against better players. It’s great for taking your turn back because she doesn’t really have any mix, in fan fare at least.

There’s a note about Kitana’s square wave in the patch notes:

“Kitana - Slightly adjusted the hit & repel regions of Square Wave and (Air) Square Wave”

I’ve had issues where this thing will make contact with the opponent at max range (and cause their model to move back slightly) but it wouldn’t register as a hit. I’m wondering if that’s what’s been fixed.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
There’s a note about Kitana’s square wave in the patch notes:

“Kitana - Slightly adjusted the hit & repel regions of Square Wave and (Air) Square Wave”

I’ve had issues where this thing will make contact with the opponent at max range (and cause their model to move back slightly) but it wouldn’t register as a hit. I’m wondering if that’s what’s been fixed.
That's exactly what it is. This was a big problem because sometimes she'd just ignore the opponent instead of hitting them.

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
What is a good AI loadout for Kitana?
I feel like no matter what I do she just whiffs everything and never actually finish a combo. So do I go full zoning with her instead? And what abilities works well for her?

Good question, and i’m curious as well.

The AI drops like 80% of the fan lift combos. Maybe replacing it with the Edenian razors would be good, but i don’t know what else to put in there. personally, i’ve never had much luck with a zoning bot. Rushdown seems to be the way to go.

Edit: ground war would seem like a good ability, but i dont think the ai uses it much. Honestly, the programming on some of these bots are terrible.

Last edited:

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
AI kitana sucks. I have her as max combo/max reversal and she’s still pretty bad, especially compared to AI Noob Saibot. You’re honestly better off just playing as her lol

Good question, and i’m curious as well.

The AI drops like 80% of the fan lift combos. Maybe replacing it with the Edenian razors would be good, but i don’t know what else to put in there. personally, i’ve never had much luck with a zoning bot. Rushdown seems to be the way to go.

Edit: ground war would seem like a good ability, but i dont think the ai uses it much. Honestly, the programming on some of these bots are terrible.

LOL wut were the developers thinking? Haha, I just did a test on each throw... And Kitana has not just no kb throws, but NO hit advantage on knockdown. It like plus 10 while the average is around +19 (Jacquis is like plus 35 and it leaves around a character length away LOL). FF basically relies on those throws so I'm wondering why the developers decided to give her the least plus throw in the game with barely any setup and no KB. Is there a reason for this design? Its only plus 10!

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
LOL wut were the developers thinking? Haha, I just did a test on each throw... And Kitana has not just no kb throws, but NO hit advantage on knockdown. It like plus 10 while the average is around +19 (Jacquis is like plus 35 and it leaves around a character length away LOL). FF basically relies on those throws so I'm wondering why the developers decided to give her the least plus throw in the game with barely any setup and no KB. Is there a reason for this design? Its only plus 10!
Wrong, you can check with dash up b2 off of a back throw and she has throw loops in the corner off of back and forward throw.

This compliments her fine because you always have the option to throw a fan universally, but Fearless gets a meaty Fannado and Highbirne gets a sai toss.

xKhaoTik

Wrong, you can check with dash up b2 off of a back throw and she has throw loops in the corner off of back and forward throw.

This compliments her fine because you always have the option to throw a fan universally, but Fearless gets a meaty Fannado and Highbirne gets a sai toss.
I’m almost 100% positive that Sai toss isn’t guaranteed off of any throw

I know about the back throw and the fan toss setup. My point was that she has no hit advantage compared to half the cast. Most characters have i think around plus 19 on hit and some leave you closer ALONG with a kb throw. Its just weird to see she barely has any setup and her throws arent very plus at all. Some times people will just straight jump if you mistime your meaty and you dont have much time to move around the screen which is crucial to oki. Ill make sure to specify next time.

Kitanas movement is lacking so badly. If they buff her movement....that'll take her to a much better place.
Yeah, ive noticed that a lot of the reason her movement is so slow is because along with her backdash she doesnt have very good knockdown with a lot of her stuff. Plus 22/19 is okay, but it limits what you can do when you hit someone. Assassin slice is plus 16 if I recall correctly. Eww.

I'm not asking for buffs, just pointing it out.

I usually just walk back and forth with an occasional front dash.

John_NX

Your circumstances are dire!
Yeah, ive noticed that a lot of the reason her movement is so slow is because along with her backdash she doesnt have very good knockdown with a lot of her stuff. Plus 22/19 is okay, but it limits what you can do when you hit someone. Assassin slice is plus 16 if I recall correctly. Eww.

I'm not asking for buffs, just pointing it out.

I usually just walk back and forth with an occasional front dash.
Exactly!!! Why can't she have at least good movement if she has slow mids with not the best range, dial in strings, no mix-ups, no staggers and still move like a turtle? It makes no sense to me.

xKhaoTik

It is off a forward throw unless your name is Liu Kang or Sub Zero. I would say Scorpion but it seems to trade with Tele.
Hmmmm I don’t think so. Sai toss has hella start up. Even with the advantage from fwd throw, I’m pretty sure any character can just dash
Also I would definitely throw jade into that list