What's new

Kitana General Discussion

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Hmmmm I don’t think so. Sai toss has hella start up. Even with the advantage from fwd throw, I’m pretty sure any character can just dash
Also I would definitely throw jade into that list
Jade definitely can if she has Pole Vault because then she can run. But against a lot of the cast, they can't really do much except hold the sai. Twixxie likes to dash up and try to flawless block the sai and threaten me with U3 Geras used to be able to do it with U2 as well.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
laughs in D’Vorah

Kitana trying to do anything from her stance off of a throw, outside of canceling it, is a free combo for Arachnophobia.

John_NX

Your circumstances are dire!
It's kind of a shame that many of her revenant outfits are better looking than her "human" ones. I'd pick them everyday if it wasn't for her revenant form. Smh nrs.

xWildx

It’s unlikely that they’d take away Mileena’s sais just because Kitana has them as a gear piece for one special.

If anything, I think Mileena’s sais will just be a part of her actual outfit. As for her potential gear, the mask is a given, and I could totally see them allowing you to change her boots or some form of gloves for all the clawing I can see her doing lol. It’s also feasible that they could add a sash or belt to her costume to customize.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Chill, chill.

Either way, she'll either be an upclose brawler with takedowns or they'll still give her the sais with like a straight shot and low shot. Hopefully we'll get a trailer soon because I can't wait to see what her moveset is like and what her default look will be like. I'm hoping for the high ponytail.

xWildx

I suppose Mournful Jade in mkx wasn't Canon either then? The character is dead, of course she'd inherit her weapon.
No, there are things in there just for the sake of character variety. I didn’t see Kitana once whip out a sai or staff in either of those respective games’ story modes. Nor does Kitana even feature the sai on her back in any part of story mode.

Mileena may very well not have her sais, but to just assume so because Kitana has them for one special move is a bit reaching.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
No, there are things in there just for the sake of character variety. I didn’t see Kitana once whip out a sai or staff in either of those respective games’ story modes. Nor does Kitana even feature the sai on her back in any part of story mode.

Mileena may very well not have her sais, but to just assume so because Kitana has them for one special move is a bit reaching.
Technically two special moves.

Kitana does have the Sai on her back in her Chapter in Story Mode. Revenant Kitana also uses Half-blood Stance in Story Mode.

Having said that, if Mileena is indeed coming to the game, I'd be very, very surprised if she does not have her Sais. It's her trademark weapon.

xWildx

Kitana does have the Sai on her back in her Chapter in Story Mode. Revenant Kitana also uses Half-blood Stance in Story Mode.

Having said that, if Mileena is indeed coming to the game, I'd be very, very surprised if she does not have her Sais. It's her trademark weapon.
In the story segments? No. She does not. Rewatch.

Again. Gameplay =\= canon. If that were the case, I fully expect a follow up DLC in which Kitana gives Jade her glaives and staff back. Oh wait... Jade was actually a revenant that whole time and it meant nothing to the story.... ok then.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
I honestly don't think they'll take any of that into consideration. She'll most likely have sais regardless of HB.
exactly, both Raiden and Jade have the staff bo as main weapon, but, they use on their moveset in a different way, so, pretty sure that Mileena will have her classic sais ...... sais are not the specialty weapons of Kitana, so, they will make Mileena use them the way that should be, because they are a natural skill that Mileena uses all the time .....