What's new

Kitana General Discussion

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Is it too early to start a Mileena discussion thread? I feel bad that we’re overtaking the Kitana forums (poor bitch can’t even be the star of her own thread).
You can start a Mileena discussion thread, I can't ask to make the forum until it's official though, even if there is a .00001% chance the datamine wasn't real.

In the story segments? No. She does not. Rewatch.
You mean the Cutscenes, or Story Mode? In the Cutscenes, accessories are absent from most characters. Hats and masks are present, but other items are not unless the character is actually using them. In the playable sections of Story Mode, they're present, including the Sai.

Again. Gameplay =\= canon. If that were the case, I fully expect a follow up DLC in which Kitana gives Jade her glaives and staff back. Oh wait... Jade was actually a revenant that whole time and it meant nothing to the story.... ok then.
And you realize I'm agreeing that Mileena will have her Sais, regardless of how they've been used in Story Mode. Your sarcasm does not do you credit.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
You mean the Cutscenes, or Story Mode? In the Cutscenes, accessories are absent from most characters. Hats and masks are present, but other items are not unless the character is actually using them. In the playable sections of Story Mode, they're present, including the Sai.

And you realize I'm agreeing that Mileena will have her Sais, regardless of how they've been used in Story Mode. Your sarcasm does not do you credit.
Then don’t quote me to start a meaningless argument. And yes, playable sections are not what I was referring to. Obviously.

Benlo

PrayforSareena
What if they'd do the same for mileena as they did for kitana in her mournful var in mkx and give her Tanya's rekkas ? Just my imagination UwU
I will laugh so much at them for making fun of Kitana Highborn moves x)

+ Please, don't steel Tanya, or only if it means she will be in MK12, like Jade in MK11 after being stolen in MKX.

Then don’t quote me to start a meaningless argument. And yes, playable sections are not what I was referring to. Obviously.
Between the two of us, I'm not the one arguing.

And apparently, it wasn't that obvious. Even taking just the cutscenes into account as opposed to the playable sections, only key pieces of Gear are shown for all characters and thus your overall point about the Sai not being present in them is moot.

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
Yo stupid question , was kitana b2 always 17 frames ? IDK why but i thought it was 19 frames lol Did she got buffed or im stupid .

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
Cassie without the cartwheel, Erron with no Caltrops, Kotal without the air grab.
Ehhhh. That's apples to oranges in my mind. All three of those characters are brand spankin new while characters like Kitana and Sonya have had their core specials established for almost two decades. Also, Erron has the Reptile acid which plays the same role as the caltrops.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Ehhhh. That's apples to oranges in my mind. All three of those characters are brand spankin new while characters like Kitana and Sonya have had their core specials established for almost two decades. Also, Erron has the Reptile acid which plays the same role as the caltrops.
Nah, you couldn't dash on caltrops.

What’s up y’all. I haven’t been here in a bit but I hope y’all are good.

I’m curious what your thoughts are on Mileena being added, and Kitana keeping the half-blood stance and a sai for gear?

I mostly used Fan-Fare but did like Highborn for a counter-pick, and to be honest, I can’t help but feel like she’s almost half a character now. It almost feels like she’s just recycling moves and gear that she shouldn’t really have to begin with...

Maybe I’m thinking too much about this but am curious about your guys thoughts.

I’m curious what your thoughts are on Mileena being added, and Kitana keeping the half-blood stance and a sai for gear?

I mostly used Fan-Fare but did like Highborn for a counter-pick, and to be honest, I can’t help but feel like she’s almost half a character now. It almost feels like she’s just recycling moves and gear that she shouldn’t really have to begin with...

Maybe I’m thinking too much about this but am curious about your guys thoughts.
Mileena coming back is great. Kitana keeping Halfblood Stance and the Sai is fine. The Variation system in Mortal Kombat 11 has always felt unfinished to me so everyone feels like "half a character" in that sense. Characters can have the same weapon though.