What's new

Discussion Why Alien Should Be Banned.

Should Alien Be Banned Until He Gets Fixed?

• Yes

Votes: 153 54.1%
  • No

Votes: 130 45.9%

• Total voters

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Alien dosn't have the best record. I think he should be patched but I would bet that there would be 1 maybe 2 Aliens in the top... and that is fine for CEO and combobreaker or w/e. Sonic 3-0'd alien a while back and in ESL we have hardly ever gotten alien into top8.... the bugs need attention but it is not the end of the world. I mean it is not like SFV and Guile having a safe 86% combo that even my grandmother could do.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Lets look at facts.

Characters share these bugs.

Alien does not have safe launching 50/50s. Out of his 7% mix ups, only his overhead is safe vs most characters.

Tail snag does not launch, and it's not safe.

Blade spin and EX blade spin is not a mix up.

We're talking about qualifying for a 200k tournament. People are trying to get him banned when they don't understand him at all. Tell me how this isn't a joke.
Your alien downplay makes me wanna punch a nun right in the face

WiseM0nkey

welcome to the ButtSlam
I'll put it to you like this:

In Injustice, Zod could completely shut down Lex Luthor's advancing movement with perfect iaZodballs.

Was he banned? No.

Kabal had a block infinite on a couple characters in MK9 (not many, I think Sheeva and a few others).

Was he banned? No.

Alien isn't going to get banned. You're overreacting to something that isn't going to happen.
some scrubs cried for EX Spin to suck the opponent on block, and it got changed..... just saying.

i dont think he's gonna get banned tho

Tweedy

Noob
Your alien downplay makes me wanna punch a nun right in the face
Lol okay.

Only community where arguments can be made with nothing behind them.

Sonic makes valid points.

Playing2win or whoever "you just want him to stay because you use him".

I mean, to make that claim, don't you actually have to prove him wrong first?

Nothing substantial has been shown, from the anti Alien side, outside of the fact that he has a watered down female hitbox. Select any female character and Scorpion, and you'll find a hitbox with more bugs.

Tweedy

Noob
Can somebody tell me how i'm downplaying, anyways?

Like, Kung Jin's B12 up kick and F243 up kick do not whiff on him. Sub Zero combos work. Other characters have hitbox issues like this and get full combos when whiffs happen, Alien just blocks.

I've admitted that he's top 5 and maybe top 1. His tools are good. These bugs are not ban worthy.

WiseM0nkey

welcome to the ButtSlam
and for the record hitbox issues are not "Alien Specific Hitbox issues" but it's an "MKX issue" as a whole

Tweedy

Noob
and for the record hitbox issues are not "Alien Specific Hitbox issues" but it's an "MKX issue" as a whole
Yeah, and Alien's aren't as bad as any female's, or Scorpion/Bo Rai Cho.

No amount of "you're downplaying" or "you just use him" statements will change this.

WiseM0nkey

welcome to the ButtSlam
@Tweedy

I do think you're taking a bit too personal tho, cause as much as NRS proved they actually listen to scrubs (see EX spin more punishable lolol shit), i dont think TOs are gonna ban Alien anywhere..

you're overreacting, but just as much the other guys are overreacting to the OP.

i have no problem with this, cause it's always good reading for me, but i think it's healthier to call it out ;)

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Lets look at facts.

Characters share these bugs.

Alien does not have safe launching 50/50s. Out of his 7% mix ups, only his overhead is safe vs most characters.

Tail snag does not launch, and it's not safe.

Blade spin and EX blade spin is not a mix up.

We're talking about qualifying for a 200k tournament. People are trying to get him banned when they don't understand him at all. Tell me how this isn't a joke.
The price of canned 5050s is lack of safety. Look at war God. Luckily alien is only unsafe on the low, I don't get why you note this as a negative, because it means alien players get to herp derp safely, and can only go extreme potato with no safety if they wanna go low.

I don't think alien needs banning. Despite obviously being full on potato and not actually requiring the player to be good to win (IMO).

Tweedy

Noob
The price of canned 5050s is lack of safety. Look at war God. Luckily alien is only unsafe on the low, I don't get why you note this as a negative, because it means alien players get to herp derp safely, and can only go extreme potato with no safety if they wanna go low.

I don't think alien needs banning. Despite obviously being full on potato and not actually requiring the player to be good to win (IMO).
I'm just comparing him to other characters. You can't just pretend that something isn't relevant, because they don't need it, when other characters have it. Safe 50/50s need to be weighed, meterless launching 50/50s need to be weighed.

If they don't then hook Alien up, after the nerfs and bug fixes. I'll take em.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
Alien dosn't have the best record. I think he should be patched but I would bet that there would be 1 maybe 2 Aliens in the top... and that is fine for CEO and combobreaker or w/e. Sonic 3-0'd alien a while back and in ESL we have hardly ever gotten alien into top8.... the bugs need attention but it is not the end of the world. I mean it is not like SFV and Guile having a safe 86% combo that even my grandmother could do.
ya it's just mkx where safe 50/50s just do 60% and aren't corner specific and actually practical

it's like you dont even know your own game, let alone sfv

JesterSMX

It's too laggy to poke...
Jesus this thread took off in the last couple hours... Tweedy has my respect and everyone gets to their "I've had it with tym" point. I don't have the knowledge as a whole to know who else has hurtbox issues but this could comprise the integrity of a match. Ban... no. Fix... ya. If wanting NRS QA to do their jobs well is wrong... I don't want to be right!

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator

potatomorph

as a csz main, a micro dash / tiny tiptoe forward to connect an overhead (apparently lows as well?) just isnt gonna happen without eating a d1 before my move comes out.

Rican1823

Burn Fool!
Here ill make a post here addressing each issue and will update it as time goes.
NOTE* Aliens hitbox is most like a females.
Lets first address 114 as TRIBORG:
Jaqui D3's it for free
Alien ducks it.
Mileena D3s/Ball rolls this for free
Tanya Bf4s this
Kitana d1s this.
Cassie D4's this...
Scorpion D4s AND slides this...
Dvorah D2s this...
I could go on but for now since these characters all duck a mid AND GET A PUNISH? lets ban these characters. Moving on to The overhead now in a new post
Now you know how the Tanya mains felt...

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Now you know how the Tanya mains felt...
If there's an Alien vs Alien tourney like the Tanya vs Tanya CEO was - then the Alien community will be "it" too.

Tanya community will still be "it" too though. No matter what, you guys will always be "it."

Tweedy

Noob
What it comes down to.

Yes, his hitbox has issues. No, it is not any worse than any of the females + Scorpion and maybe even Bo Rai Cho.

Once that is out of the way, why are we banning him? Because he's a good character? Does everyone agree that he's in a tier of his own and easily the best, by far? If not, I don't see the point. In my opinion Piercing Mileena, A List Cage, Cutthroat Kano, are all better than any variation of Alien. There are others that agree that he's not top 1, who don't even play the character. If the character is just a consensus top 5 and thought to be top 1 by some, then why should he be banned?

We need to stop with the "downplaying" and "you just play the character" rebuttals. If you don't have any legit points to back those claims up, then they're meaningless. Tell me why i'm downplaying, tell me why i'm being biased. If you can't, then those statements hold no weight.

Lets look at the reality of the Jax MU. Jax can't use his B2 which is now full combo punishable, so why can't he just use downward superman? It's faster, grants a full meterless combo in the corner, needs a bar to combo midscreen. Why does he need B2? If B2 didn't exist Jax would be the same character. Also, lets not forget that Jax can rival Alien's neutral and he can full combo punish regular flip. There's no way this match up is in Alien's favor. Alien probably loses.

I'm giving the Alien upplayers more than they deserve with the above paragraph. In reality the best way to get around Jax's B2 with Alien, is by blocking it and punishing. You'd have to be a complete idiot, if you were to attempt to make it whiff in a real match. Why not just block it and get a full combo? I was messing around in practice mode and I would often get bopped by it. Worthless bug imo. Much less useful than ducking a Shaolin Kung Jin upkick with a female hitbox, or using a female vs Sub Zero. Mileena is as good as Alien and can make Jin's upkick whiff, if he does certain strings into it, that Jin's do use. Why is she not being banned? That's very relevant in that MU. Jax's B2 whiffing is not.