What's new

Discussion Why Alien Should Be Banned.

Should Alien Be Banned Until He Gets Fixed?

• Yes

Votes: 153 54.1%
  • No

Votes: 130 45.9%

• Total voters
In the FGC, you'd be surprised. Anyone who's been around long enough can rattle off a list of tournament-related decisions which didn't make sense, due to TO's not knowing enough to make a proper decision and not taking the time to properly determine the best course of action.

However, Rick from Combo Breaker is one of the few who I'd trust not to do this.

It's still a tricky issue, as you're generally asking someone who doesn't play the game to make a decision based on the game's mechanics and engine/gameplay details. I don't think Tweedy's worrying is misplaced; but Tweedy you've said enough now, and I don't think continuing to rant will have any further effect.
This. I'd trust Rick to make the right decision as well.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Is it going to be Alien vs Alien like it was Tanya vs Tanya at CEO?

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
This guy's name is Take money, but he wants to ban from tournaments one of the best characters in the game. I don't get it.

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
People don't understand risk/reward when they don't play a character.

Unless you're landing B1, you're typically getting around 7-20% meterless damage with Alien and you're only safe if you're throwing out his 7% meterless flip, vs most of the cast anyways. If you go for his 7% low, his meterless spin, pounce, rekkas, literally anything that will get you anything, the character is unsafe. In order to launch, the character has to use meter and is still unsafe.

Characters like Piercing Mileena and A List Cage get 35% meterless, D'vorah, Cutthroat and Kung Jin have safe 50/50s. Alien is very strong in the neutral and has great armor. In those two categories he's maybe the best in the game. However, his neutral is not far ahead of Mileena and Cage's, if any better. D'vorah lacks armor but her neutral does not lack, Cutthroat has great armor but lacks... I don't know.

Alien's balance is his risk reward. Am I saying he's not top 5? No. Imo he's top 5.

As far as the bugs go, we have a character in Mileena who has basically a meterless wake up vs a lot of the cast, with her roll. How is that not a bannable offense, if these whiffing issues are not? Don't even say, "man you can D3 or D4 Mileena with those characters", because there's a lot of shit that can be done here to ensure that Jax, Triborg, or whoever, do not whiff.

The only real argument that's being made, when it comes down to it, is that people are defending Alien because of their own agenda. I personally am. When he released I put a lot of my lab and play time into him, and I was planning on using him at Combo Breaker. If he is banned then that's just a lot of wasted time. However, my agenda does not mean that i'm wrong, or that Sonicfox is wrong. Sonic probably doesn't have an agenda, though. He could just win with Cassie or whoever.
You downplay Alien so bad it hurts my brain to read this shit. You have to be one of the worst posters on this site since you've started spewing all your bullshit about Alien.

Reactions: GAV

Nedyrc

Noob
I'm pretty sure alist cage cannot get 30% meterless midscreen(practical combo)
He can actually. F3 cancel jump in 2 b34 cancel f4 f24 d1 f3 nutpunch = %32 if im not mistaken
edit: its %31
and off of 113 starter a-list can deal %30

Last edited:
It's like putting Asian doctor,black business man etc in horror movie (im no racist),they are just there to catch as wide population of audience as possible.But in this horror movie called MKX the so called side kicks (dlc) are mutated into something unknown - almost Alien

He doesn't feel like MK character to me,sorry,ban

Last edited:
That is all i remember about MKX after it's death; Never fixed enough.. They sent us a balance patch with Kombat Pack 2, one year later after the game release.. explain this shit.. First i spend almost 6 months to be a good player with Hellfire Scorpion, he got nerfed badly, actually NRS killed him..

Remember this;

But after the last patch NRS gave some nerfed moves back to him, but i was been a Summoner Quan Chi player. With the same patch which i am talking about Quan Chi was killed by NRS (R.I.P.) but if you like to perform some stupid meterless combos with him, enjoy it :) Is he nerfed or dead? i wonder if Summoner Quan Chi, Triborg, Scorpion, Tremor, Tempest Kung Lao and Dragon's Fire Liu Kang (i have lost my time for these characters except Triborg, not months, just a month :) ) was needed to be nerfed for some reasons, what about Sholin Kung Jin? almost everything about his pressure is safe. what about Tarkatan Alien? unbalanced and owerpowered crazy sci-fi beast. Yes they nerfed Cassie Cage a little bit, but do you know how many things are punishable on her pressure? very few.. Please look at Jax's and Jacqui's frame data and find the moves which has crazy start up and recovery frames, is that fair? Also i remember the trash variations which is nothing before the patches.. Remember Cryomancer and Unbreakable Sub-Zero, Gunslinger Erron Black, Spectral Ermac, Unstoppable and Relentless Jason, Kenjutsu Kenshi etc. Truth is MKX's game mechanics doesn't work well because of that we always needs patches..

Now i enjoy to play as Gunslinger Erron Black, Unstoppable Jason, Bone Shaper Shinnok, Kenjutsu Kenshi, Hellfire Scorpion (again in the top :) ), A-List Johnny Cage and Master Of Souls Ermac but i am worry about Kombat Pack 3 rumour, if it become true of course NRS will release a patch again and some of my characters will be dead.

Last edited:

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
To even consider having a character banned, it's gotta be so broken that it ignores the fundamentals of the game which I believe Alien isn't at that point. Also, Alien may be top 5 but he's not the undisputed #1 character in the game which again is the only way he'd have a chance of being banned in tournaments which was the case for ssbb Meta Knight, like banning a character in a fighting game is extremely rare with Meta Knight being the very few. Is Alien at that level? No. Alien has losing matchups and Piercing Mileena arguably has no losing MU's and no one is complaining about wanting to ban her. Honestly, not on the same level as prepatch Kobu Tanya to consider banning

loogie

Noob
folks keep comparing alien to Mileena, that doesn't make sense..
if players are using the bug that removes jump attack whiff recovery then that is a ban-worthy offense, hitbox issues (if consistent) have to be hotfixed or patched some how.
but as character design, you cannot ban a character for having too many tools.
So to compare Mileena tools to Alien tools, as both having too many tools and answers for matchups is misplaced. doesn't make sense. and of course not ban-worthy.

FROST_

KH | DsV BLOODxGOD
Piercing mileena and shotgun jaqui say hi....
Also this is absolutely NOT too much. It just means you have to adjust your overheads or lows in case this occurs, and an easy answer to that is microstep into a mixup. 9/10 times, the spacing you were looking at for those mixups would never hit because you are in NEUTRAL. If this was a consistent problem say on okizemi, its potentislly banworthy yea, but essentially, your overhead whiffs because its not connecting with her hurtbox. Which means, you need to alter spacing.
5 minutes in the lab does the trick :)
I like how I said the same thing in another thread and I got called dumb, and it's not the issue. But sonic says it and it's ok yeah your right. I might not necessary think highly of sonic but @SonicFox5000 thank you for explaining all you have