What's new

Who is the Worst?

Who is the least competitively viable character in the game?

• Lobo

Votes: 45 29.2%
  • Lex Luthor

Votes: 33 21.4%
  • The Joker

Votes: 30 19.5%
  • Shazam

Votes: 34 22.1%
  • Other (Name him or her)

Votes: 12 7.8%

• Total voters

serge

Noob
Maybe some people find it fun to discuss?
While you are discussing this useless topic about which character is the worst, some people are in the lab trying to figure out ways to level up those characters which is 1000x more productive than this thread.
We already know that TYM likes to circle jerk about character tiers.. but if you guys want to discuss that for the 50th time then go ahead.

While you are discussing this useless topic about which character is the worst, some people are in the lab trying to figure out ways to level up those characters which is 1000x more productive than this thread.
We already know that TYM likes to circle jerk about character tiers.. but if you guys want to discuss that for the 50th time then go ahead.
That's your choice, and that's fine.

Though I fail to see how you can't discuss this sort of thing AND practice playing your character of choice. Like... it doesn't exactly take long to type up a post. :/

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
Who gives a shit about whos the worst character? This is so unproductive and typical of TYM.
This isn't true at all. Remember, NRS is doing another balancing patch and knowing who needs the attention the most is important. Dispelling the myths and misinformation about a lot of these characters is really important so they don't get overbuffed, and ensuring that the people who are at the bottom of the pile get proper fixing is a big deal. Your post is terribly short-sighted.

Also, to address the "Scorpion has low damage" thing, remember that Doomsday can only take 20% or so on any hit he gets, and Deathstroke will be winning many of his matches mostly in 10% increments. You don't necessarily need Superman or Black Adam damage to compete.

There really isn't much to elaborate on. Her zoning isn't on par with most of the cast, and as to options up close there's little to none. Allow me to ask you this; how many Hawkgirls do you see showing up to tournaments?
Coming in late on this um debate but I never though Hawkgirl had zoning potential. She's a hit and run character. She's got enough tricks to keep her from the bottom IMO but that's matter of opinion of course.

Any worst? I think there are some who needs some tweaks or buffs to get them up but I've seen some dangerous Bane players. There are characters that are no brainers (Superman *cough cough) and others that need more patience like Bane and Hawkgirl)

serge

Noob
This isn't true at all. Remember, NRS is doing another balancing patch and knowing who needs the attention the most is important. Dispelling the myths and misinformation about a lot of these characters is really important so they don't get overbuffed, and ensuring that the people who are at the bottom of the pile get proper fixing is a big deal. Your post is terribly short-sighted.

Also, to address the "Scorpion has low damage" thing, remember that Doomsday can only take 20% or so on any hit he gets, and Deathstroke will be winning many of his matches mostly in 10% increments. You don't necessarily need Superman or Black Adam damage to compete.
Ok and what have we accomplished so far in 7 pages of this thread? What will NRS learn here to ensure the right characters get buffs/nerfs that they don't already know? All I see is a bunch of people arguing about how they don't agree with who is on the list.

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
So wait, Scorpion is the worst now? Lets keep it that way.

But yeah, his damage is quite pathetic, maybe slightly less damage scaling on his teleport? (Never wasted money on him so I don't know if his teleport actually damage scales or not) Same with Green Arrow and his Ice arrow and Sinestro and his Shackles.

BrokenAngels00

Longtime Lurker
Ok and what have we accomplished so far in 7 pages of this thread? What will NRS learn here to ensure the right characters get buffs/nerfs that they don't already know? All I see is a bunch of people arguing about how they don't agree with who is on the list.
Geez, what's gotten you so riled up? I'm doing work around the house, and some people here are at work or school, or doing things in the background, so it's not like everyone can be at their system whenever they have access to TYM to be in the lab, and this is fun to discuss. It's not bothering you so what's got your panties in a bunch?

JacopeX

Playing: Injustice, Persona, Blazblue, and MK
How is this thread not locked yet? Things are just getting ugly here.

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
You're trying to change the point you were arguing now that you got caught out on it. Your complaint was about the premise of the discussion itself, not the value of the thread in execution. You were wrong, and trying to change to a tangential and irrelevant point will not change that.

That said, we've had some good information shared in here on a few characters anyways, and some decent discussion and myths dispelled about others. You might niggle over whether the thread has been as productive as it should be, but has it been productive at all? Yes.

at least to me, ares is in my top 3 hardest matchups. My charcaters definitely don't fare well against him but still. dont judge the charcater without playing a top ares like bwordz/juggs/down4ality first

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
Ares is one of the people who is erroneously called out because he has a couple of really shitty matchups. In truth, that's the boat many "bad" characters are in - there's a lot of characters in this game who go relatively even on most of their matches, but have one or two that are virtually unwinnable. Shazam is the only character who loses because he flat out does not have all the tools he needs for success, rather than getting kneecapped by a really bad match or two.

Breakin Wordzz

Best Rengar NA, also ares of world
Ok? Shazam nullifies every interactable with his own teleport and has a wake-up.
Scorp can kill you with the pig in arkham? So can anyone, only difference is shazam has the means to say "nerp" to it all.
Scorp vortex is irrelevant to Shazam, actually its irrelevant to anyone with a half decent d.2, armor... Wake-up...

Shazam has a "Guess wrong and you are eating 30-45% on the cheap with a scenario reset." Scorpion has a "If you guess wrong, you'll eat 20% (until I run out of meter in 2 moves).". Most of the cast can control interactables through means of armor, immunity, or projectiles as it is, so scorpion isn't very special. Batgirl does his job better, so as far as "viability" goes, his is sitting at a prime 0. He is a poor man's Barbara. Outdone by a crippled woman, how sad.

His vortex is weak, his damage is weak, his projectiles are weak, he has nothing that makes him any more of a choice than Batgirl.
Everyone on the list has something available to them that no other character can do quite as well. Scorpion doesn't, even moreso with the new MMH release.

His existance as a anti-zoning character is done better by 2 other characters, his damage is awful, and his niche of "you can't use interactables" is done by plenty of other characters who don't suffer from a lack of EVERYTHING.
Scorpion has like 50% combos in the corner. His vortex does like 30% overhead and like 25% low. almost free way to get in. anti zoning that leads into the 50/50. good air to air. safe 50/50. He has a mix up on while hes jumping. Free good standing one (6 frames). a decent advancing string 2 U3. He actually has good pokes in this game. And he looks cool. So hes not bad hes just not as good as most of the other characters.

serge

Noob
You're trying to change the point you were arguing now that you got caught out on it. Your complaint was about the premise of the discussion itself, not the value of the thread in execution. You were wrong, and trying to change to a tangential and irrelevant point will not change that.

That said, we've had some good information shared in here on a few characters anyways, and some decent discussion and myths dispelled about others. You might niggle over whether the thread has been as productive as it should be, but has it been productive at all? Yes.
What? All I said is this thread is useless and unproductice and so far noone proved me wrong.