What's new

Who is the Worst?

Who is the least competitively viable character in the game?

• Lobo

Votes: 45 29.2%
  • Lex Luthor

Votes: 33 21.4%
  • The Joker

Votes: 30 19.5%
  • Shazam

Votes: 34 22.1%
  • Other (Name him or her)

Votes: 12 7.8%

• Total voters

Mt Mutombo

Banned
Give me a solid reason why ares is one of the worst and dont say because you have never fought an ares so you just assume hes ass.
One of his best tools is a reset that's easy as hell to blow up. His damage is ass and most of his normals are slow or just bad.

The only thing he's got going is that he's a great counter zoner, that's it, but then again...who isn't in this game? Im not saying he's the worst but he's down there.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Scorpion has like 50% combos in the corner. His vortex does like 30% overhead and like 25% low. almost free way to get in. anti zoning that leads into the 50/50. good air to air. safe 50/50. He has a mix up on while hes jumping. Free good standing one (6 frames). a decent advancing string 2 U3. He actually has good pokes in this game. And he looks cool. So hes not bad hes just not as good as most of the other characters.
Like after his nerfs, Batgirl does it all but better, and you shouldn't ever get caught in the corner against scorps. Like... ever. He doesn't have too much to force you into it. And thats 30% and 25% for meter, something most characters get free. He looks okay, but I woulda preferred Cyrax and Shinnok but whatever. His pokes are mediocre and his advancing string is pretty unsafe and easily outpoked to my knowledge.

I'd say he is pretty bad, in comparison. I thought he wasn't too bad before the nerfs (Bane went pretty equal) but afterwards he just doesn't seem to have anywhere near the same power.

Breakin Wordzz

Best Rengar NA, also ares of world
One of his best tools is a reset that's easy as hell to blow up. His damage is ass and most of his normals are slow or just bad.

The only thing he's got going is that he's a great counter zoner, that's it, but then again...who isn't in this game? Im not saying he's the worst but he's down there.
I knew you has no idea what you are talking about i knew it. He damage is very good his gimmicks are very good. What other character can do 56% meterless in the corner? Please TELL ME PLEASE. his normals are average 6 frame low 8 frame 1. His b1 is a very good advancing normal that can be linked into a d4 which is advantage and a launcher. Nice air to air. good zoning. Great mixups. Safe mixups. all his strings are safe. A good armored wake up that leads into a combo. At least play or fight an Ares before you come on this site please.

Mt Mutombo

Banned
I knew you had no idea what you are talking about i knew it. He damage is very good his gimmicks are very good. What other character can do 56% meterless in the corner? Please TELL ME PLEASE. his normals are average 6 frame low 8 frame 1. His b1 is a very good advancing normal that can be linked into a d4 which is advantage and a launcher. Nice air to air. good zoning. Great mixups. Safe mixups. all his strings are safe. A good armored wake up that leads into a combo. At least play or fight an Ares before you come on this site please.
Of course you're going to get touchy about your character, every low tier hero has to.:)

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
honestly everything you post is dumb af. Your opinions on bane and any other character is invalid.
Here, lemme just give you some applause for that very clever post.
/applause
Now then, if you are done? Or do you have some more enlightening quips to throw my way? I'm happy you are willing to donate the time and effort specifically to call me out, even when you are completely wrong. Its not often people volunteer to the "Entertain Doombawkz" foundations, usually I have to initiate them through a series of back breakers and power bombs.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I knew you has no idea what you are talking about i knew it. He damage is very good his gimmicks are very good. What other character can do 56% meterless in the corner? Please TELL ME PLEASE. his normals are average 6 frame low 8 frame 1. His b1 is a very good advancing normal that can be linked into a d4 which is advantage and a launcher. Nice air to air. good zoning. Great mixups. Safe mixups. all his strings are safe. A good armored wake up that leads into a combo. At least play or fight an Ares before you come on this site please.
I don't know if I can make a list that long to note everyone who has 56% meterless in the corner. I know Bane can do in the area of 60% for free. What string does he have that does 56% meterless?

187x

Noob
Here, lemme just give you some applause for that very clever post.
/applause
Now then, if you are done? Or do you have some more enlightening quips to throw my way? I'm happy you are willing to donate the time and effort specifically to call me out, even when you are completely wrong. Its not often people volunteer to the "Entertain Doombawkz" foundations, usually I have to initiate them through a series of back breakers and power bombs.
go away

Mt Mutombo

Banned
Did you even read what i SAID I ASKED YOU TO TELL ME WHICH CHARACTER HAS 56+ IN THE CORNER! lol how is his damage bad??????????????
Bane, Superman, Black Adam, Batgirl (53%), Flash, Batman(53%), Sinestro w trait, Shazam w Trait, Grundy, Harley...even Cyborg has crazy damage in the corner for fucks sake.

Stop talking about corner damage, that's stupid, almost all of the cast has great corner damage. All the "gimmicks" you think you're talking about are crap. You're painting him like he's mid tier, when he's not...

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Bane, Superman, Black Adam, Batgirl (53%), Flash, Batman(53%), Sinestro w trait, Shazam w Trait, Grundy, Harley...even Cyborg has crazy damage in the corner for fucks sake.

Stop talking about corner damage, that's stupid, almost all of the cast has great corner damage. All the "gimmicks" you think you're talking about are crap. You're painting him like he's mid tier, when he's not...

Superman can't do it without spending meter. Nor can batman. He is talking meterless.

I completely agree. Ares may not be the worst but hes not in the top 20.

Mt Mutombo

Banned
Superman can't do it without spending meter. Nor can batman. He is talking meterless.
Well did he say without trait? Superman gets 55+ without meter and Trait activated...T,f3,3~heat Zap,f23~low scoop,3~breath for 55%...56 if ended in high grab laser...

And Batman... J2 > B23 > 123 > B23 > rb > J2 > b23 53% meterless + trait...before everyone makes these assumptions check the combo sections first.

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
So what matches can Ares not compete in? I hope you guys realize that trying to tell someone else about a character they main is arguing from a position of incredible weakness. Trying to do an apples to apples comparison of something like damage values is an incredibly information deficient discussion.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Well did he say without trait? Superman gets 55+ without meter and Trait activated...

And Batman... J2 > B23 > 123 > B23 > rb > J2 > b23 53% meterless + trait...before everyone makes these assumptions check the combo sections first.
I don't think he does. what is it, like f.23 f.23 f.2 heat zap something else?

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Ares isn't that bad, he just gets raped by top tier.