What's new

Who do we want for MKX commentary at evo?

Who do we want for MKX commentary at evo?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
in the sad scenario where ketchup or mustard don't make top8 as players, I'd love to see them commentate it. I would also really love pig and 16 bit, but doesn't pig play too?

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Please no Godspeed. The misinformation on stream was cringe worthy. I had people telling me Tanya's dust was plus on block (it's -4) and the certain things were punishable/unpublishable when they weren't.

16 bit would be great, as would Kitana Prime. Those two would be my top picks, although I don't know how they'd work together.

In terms of a team, I think bit and ultra david would work really well together.

Pig is also good with any of the others I've mentioned.

DMS is ok, but sometimes says stuff that is a bit off or not quite correct.

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
16Bit and Arma would be my pick for top 8 but I assume we're talking about the whole tournament in which case there are many solid choices.

Godspeed's incorrect information is very frustrating to hear but his play by play is really good, just needs to brush up on some key things.

Obviously @PND_Ketchup and @PND_Mustard are going to be busy wrecking fools but if by some miracle they aren't they should be considered for top 8 commentary. Their information is solid, the way the call the matches is really well paced out and it's hard to match the chemistry they have while still being entertaining at the same time.

Arkane Slim

I did a lot but I never hated...
Guys, we gotta go with the people that have the more appealing voice. So with that said the two best candidates in my opinion are UltraDavid and DarthArma (assuming he didn't make top 64 or something). DarthArma can bring the excitement... I've seen him do that on 8 on the break.

DEFINITE: UltraDavid

Not everybody voice is appealing. No offense but I say no to Godspeed, KitanaPrime, Aris, and 16bit. There Voices aren't all that appealing

iMileena

"I will cut a hole in you"
Dustin77 :DOGE

Lol idk tho i usually tune everybody out unless they are yelling/screaming for no reason

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
I don't know if his knowledge of MKX stands up, but I love Maximilian Dood's commentary.

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
Most important criterion: Please no misinformation...

That should automatically rule out Godspeed and DMS (sorry, honestly, but I'm just being frank here). Unfortunately, I think Godspeed is almost a lock. Not hating on either, but it's distracting to hear basic info being mutilated.
What "basic info" have I mutilated on commentary? If I'm not sure about something, I make sure to say that, followed by "correct me if I'm wrong."

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
UltraDavid is incredibly professional, and he follows every NRS game. I'm pretty sure he is a guarantee, and he deserves to be.

A good color commentator to compliment him could be a great Evo pairing. Brady or Bit could both work. It's just all about creating a good give and take. It's the reason that David and James Chen work so well together.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
I think I'd be happy with pretty much all of these. I like Godspeed but the concern over misinformation is legitimate. I like Aris but I don't know how much he really knows about the game at this point. Tom is great but and I don't think he'd be emo while commentating something so important, but he does tend to hog the mic a little. I'm definitely a huge ultradavid fan and both pig or bit would be fun. I haven't heard much of KP but people say he's great as well. I think whatever it ends up being will be great though, there are no bad choices here.

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
My personal favorite is Aris. IMO he possesses the best combination of game knowledge, fun, funny, and useful commentary, and easy to listen to voice. His knowledge about fighting games in general is top notch and he does play MKX as well. Second best is UltraDavid, he is the perfect "straight man" to Aris's funny man, if that makes any sense. I am not going to mention any names, but I find some of the other ones being thrown around either bland or uninteresting or both, with the exception of 16 Bit, he can be funny at times.

What "basic info" have I mutilated on commentary? If I'm not sure about something, I make sure to say that, followed by "correct me if I'm wrong."
Dude, don't get baited. You're good, probably one of the most educated(overall) when it comes to the recent NRS games. Every commentary will make errors or speak "misinformation". It's not easy.