What's new

Who do we want for MKX commentary at evo?

Who do we want for MKX commentary at evo?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kitana Prime

Top-tier at everything but the characters I choose
Well, at least I know where I stand on TYM! Kappa
Anyway, I agree with Pig's post about what said commentary team should have.
I undoubtedly have that ALL.

Anyway, I'll probably be too busy trying to help run things as usual.
If not, hit me up.

With that being said,
Ultradavid + (almost) anyone is great.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
Surprised at the amount of votes for pig, for the vast amount of knowledge he has on the game I don't see him having good commentary for long, he also has his fair amount of shit to spout out.
Next to that he'd be competing way before he'd be commentating, Alot of damn votes for someone who seems to be a competitor first before anything else.

I'd love to have Ketchup & Mustard do it after hearing all of their commentary in the EU scene they're very enjoyable and knowledgeable commentators.
Also they are big competitors too though, i'm sure they'd be honored to commentate one year though.

UltraDavid and Aris would be my dream team for Evo. They did well at Combobreaker, and of Evo2011 for MK (plus they have good chemistry on the mic). Would definitely like to see 16bit and Pig as duo as well, I feel they would have good chemistry as a commentator team also. DMS/Kitana Prime or DMS/Dartharma I would be fine with also.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
UltraDavid and Aris are my vote, but 16 bit or pig could also do really well.

Now that I think of it I like most of those in the poll, although Ive never heard wafflez do commentary lol.

haketh

Noob
But for real I think we're going to end up getting the UltraDavid/Godspeed pair on EVO for Top 8. Both are West Coast *This is sadly important*, have casted large professional tournaments, haven't had any big controversy stuff happen *This sadly keeps Aris out*.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
In this order:
16bit
Tom Brady
Dartharma
Aris

Please no Ultradavid nor Godspeed, those two killed CEO for me.

JDM

Noob
I like DarthArma as hes really intelligent and gets his point across and also seems to have genuine love for commentating and playing.

Also Ultradavid. Pig is great too though

coolwhip

Noob
Most important criterion: Please no misinformation...

That should automatically rule out Godspeed and DMS (sorry, honestly, but I'm just being frank here). Unfortunately, I think Godspeed is almost a lock. Not hating on either, but it's distracting to hear basic info being mutilated.

I think we don't have to worry about a commentator putting people on blast or anything because these guys are all smart enough to recognize that this is EVO and it's not the time to push agendas.

With that said, I think a player not competing counts in his favor, since it means no distractions/potential emo-ness. 16 Bit has that going for him in addition to his knowledge of the game, the players, and the mindset of a competitor (probably the element I enjoy the most about his commentary).

I thought Pig was great at CEO and I'd love to see him on commentary. Him and 16 Bit would probably be the best combination provided they work well together without stepping on each other's toes. I think that's one aspect that is overlooked, and why a team like Bit and Brady wouldn't necessarily work, and why Ultra David with one of these guys would work better. Now, I don't necessarily think Ultra David is god's gift to commentary the way he's often portrayed, but he does know when to let the other guy take over and do "color commentary" while he does "play-by-play." I remember when Pig and 16 Bit did commentary for the EVO team battle in 2012 and they worked together great so that's why I'm confident it won't be a mess.

I actually love Brady's commentary for MLG (and hate it for anything else) and I'm guessing he'd bring that same version of his commentary to EVO, but the other guy will not get a word in. This worked for MLG because he was commentating with Juicebox who knew nothing about MK9 and Brady had to carry the commentary on his own, but if he's commentating with someone who knows the game, it might be a bit of a Brady-overload.

Anyway, I think it's a given that Ultra David and Godspeed will do commentary at some point because of politics, but I hope to god it won't be that combination for top 8, even though it likely will be (like I said UD is a perfectly fine commentator. Godspeed, not so much).

PS: I think Kitana Prime is a very underrated commentator but he might be a bit too chill.

Yup, misinformation is the last thing we need. I just cringe when I hear one of the commentators call a long blockstring a ''block infinite''.