What's new

Which Takes More Skill, Zoning or Rushdown?

Which take more skill, zoning or rush down?

• Zoning

Votes: 51 28.0%
  • Rush Down

Votes: 53 29.1%
  • Both

Votes: 78 42.9%

• Total voters

sub_on_dubs

Online Scrub Lord
Try it. Once you outzone a zoner you take them out of their safezone. They usually have no rushdown skills and either quit or decline because they have to actually play with skill in which most don't have.
You obviously haven't played top notch zoners then. I'd like to see you play Pig, M2dave, or Michaelangelo then reassess this statement.

Diego de Souza Costa

***The Soul Consuming Darkness***
@NY-Shadow

You talk with a lot of confidence. Why have you never shown up offline? I'd love for you to show me your deep understanding of the game in a money match. There's a regional in PA by the end of the month, and NEC is next month. I'll do a $200 dollar money match at one of those against you. Deal?

..... and to that day forward, nobody heard from "NY-Shadow" ever again... the end... *closes book*

Kingshootahz

Ain't nobody trilla than shootah.
If your character has the tools for it, neither are hard
Sonya covert ops rush down
jax rush down
Cassie rush down

Vs

Commando rush down
Bloodgod rush down
...A lot of this cast is rush down...

Hish qu ten zoning.
Gun slinger zoning
Full auto zoning
Aftershock zoning

Vs
Lol Jason unstoppable zoning
Lackey zoning
Hunter zoning
Goro zoning

JerzeyReign

PSN: JerzeyReign
It depends, you stand 0 chance against a sniper at long range when all you have is a shotgun. find a way to get in close and the sniper may have to switch to his pistol, the one with the shotgun is now at an advantage. Both takes skills though.
I was going to agree with this but then I remembered why I stopped playing COD - quick scoping haha

shezy

Noob
Guys look at sonic fox how he changes situations and he usually comes out a winner because he knows when to zon or rushdown he has dominated in MK9,Injustice and MK X. Rushdown is his signature I'll go for it.

Crusty

Retired forever; don’t ask for games.
Surely it depends on the character?

I think there are 'cheap' rushdown characters, and 'cheap' zoning characters.

Take Deathstroke. Online at least, it can take a lot of work to get in, while all the Deathstroke player has to do is easily spam the same inputs safely from across the screen. Then take Bane or Doomsday for example, these characters make it very easy to get in and charge through a bunch of stuff. Against certain characters, it can be very uneven, and the other characters have to work much harder to keep them out.

I think zoning characters like, say zod take a lot of skill to play at a high level, while other characters are easier to abuse. The thing is, when it's easy to abuse a character because they have a few easy to do, high damage moves, that's what most players are going to do.

Another note...zoning is not spamming. Zoning is space control, and damn sure this takes skill. Sitting on the other side of the screen, spamming projectiles the whole game, does not.
What would you define as a 'cheap' character and how does that distinct from a good character?

Noob
Zoning I think is hardest

Rushdown for me as an Erron Player = 21122 21122 21122 21122 21122 21122 21122 21122 21122 21122 21122 21122 21122 21122 21122 21122 21122 21122 21122 21122 21122 21122 21122 21122 21122 21122 21122 21122 21122 21122 21122 21122 21122 21122 21122 21122 21122 21122

:DOGE

It is all skill, whichever the winner has is the answer. Choosing the character, disciplining yourself to use the tools given, and the will to keep winning are the skills that matter. I do not ever wish to be the king of the "low tier". That is simply a lack of skill, anyone that says differently is delusional. If not, they would play "top tier" and never lose. But those people would never be willing to take on that challenge and remain theory fighters.

I was going to agree with this but then I remembered why I stopped playing COD - quick scoping haha
I quit COD because of playing the same game with worst graphics, just different weapons and timeline every year actually, you don't have to compare it to COD specifically though. About the quick scoping, some people are using auto aim controllers mods :DOGE

NY-Shadow

TestYourMight SUCKS
Airvidal: "You're right, most zoners control the match but once you're in, they crack. I've destroyed so many punks just like that. And yeah, whenever that happens my thought is the same, they got no skill. But what happens when I meet a zoner that once I get in BUT make a mistake on my pressure he switches it on me and starts rushing me down? That's true skill. They have mastered both styles and that's how it should be."

Exactly. Just too many zoners in here trying to be down with the struggle and desperately reaching for the legitimate skill branch that will always be out of reach. lol.