What's new

What is the best projectile in MK9?

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
i don't know about the best projectile, but i do know that sindels zoning projectiles are the hardest to avoid in the game, the fact that her air fireballs are all shot at an angle and that she can do low fireballs as well makes it really hard to dodge any of them if ur playing a rushdown character.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
Sonya has the best projectile if we are talking about speed.

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
Why the hell is no one mentioning Liu Kang's instant Air Fireballs and Low Fireballs?
I haven't met anyone who can consistently iafb (instant part). While Liu's zoning is strong, he has nowhere near the best projectile. Little damage, somewhat fast.

Compared to others, both he's zoning and projectile fall short.

Gh0sty

ばかみたいに無料
Gotta be Smoke Bomb because it trades with most other projectiles in Smoke's favor. And it's fast, and it can't be parried.

...and it resets, and almost all of Smoke's normals link into it, and it OTG's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
Oh yeah. I forgot about Kano. His knives are really fucking good.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
if were talking Best projectile over all, then i'd have to say its reptiles force balls. Its the only projectile i can think of that can actually help u get in on your opponent where as most other projectiles are meant to keep them away. Not to mention all the different versions of force balls and mind games u can play while using them. Smoke's smokebomb would probably be a close second.

HGTV DrFlash44

Quan Cheese!!!
best without meter iagb
best with meter quan's ex rune (don't even try to argue that there is a projectie that gives more that a rune trap
worst without meter nw's arrow
worst with meter nw's arrow (still sucks even enhanced)

peachyO

Noob
great topic, no easy answers. there is no clear cut winner. here are my picks in no particular order; i think any of these i feel could be arguably called the best, and my reasons why:

sheeva's fireball. the strongest projectile by far (12%, 16% enhanced) hits mid/overhead, large hitbox, armored when EN, and has extreme knock-back if used as AA or if EN;

shang tsung's ground skulls. excellent recovery, extremely versatile. can be used close, mid, or far, for zoning, offense, and defense. juggles opponents for horrendously damaging, un-breakable combos. shang's viability as a character, period, revolves around this projectile.

noob saibot shadow charge. amazing speed, amazing start-up and recovery times. hits mid/overhead. fast enough to be used naked even at close range.

kabal's gas blast. speedy, good damage, ridiculously great recovery time. can be used on ground or mid air for ia attacks.

kabal's buzz saw. like the gas blast, has almost unfair speed and recovery. also fast enough to use naked at close range. one of the few projectiles that can be used as a truly reliable wake-up attack;

kitana's fan throw. fast projectile with good recovery and start-up times. can be used for ground or in mid-air. can start, continue, or finish a combo. EN is cancelable and has extreme recovery/speed. the key ingredient for kitana's most destructive combos, and the bread and butter of her entire offense.

freddy's glove toss. so very fast, such enviable recovery and start-up. EN is very damaging. all of freddy's projectiles are superb, but this IMO is his best.

sindel's air fireball. the best projectile from one of the best zoners in the game. speedy, quick recovery, and the bane of all non-teleporting characters. a clean counter to so many attacks.

sindel's low fireball. like kabal's buzz saw, very rare in that it is a projectile that's an effective wake-up tool and can be used naked at close range relatively safely. allows sindel to duck and avoid most other projectiles while using it. when EN, it floors an opponent, and is very damaging.

ermac'c forceball: underrated projectile which is deceptively fast, recovers speedily, and (i believe) can't be ducked due to it's unusually low trajectory.

stryker's gun shot. impossibly fast, can juggle effectively, and can be dash-cancelled. dangerous at any range. too fast for any high or mid-hitting projectiles to trade with it.