What's new

What is the best projectile in MK9?

DragonPick

I don't play Runescape
What is it then? A melee attack?
Spirit Charge (and all Kenshi's moves) and other moves like trance and Smoke bomb aren't projectiles, but AoE (Area of Effect) attacks. They're like projectiles, but better basically since they can't be Flashed or Parried.

I hate Area of Effect attacks because they hurt my poor Jadey Baby

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
It's a matter of opinion I suppose.

I'd say Freddy has the best zoning, but Kabal has the best projectile.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Alrighty then. It has a fighter-sized hitbox, has quicker recovery on whiff than Scorpion's Spear, and leads to Cyrax's nightmare-inducing damage combos. Looks like one of the best, if not the best projectile, to me.
The net preys on projectiles with long recovery frames. But the best projectiles in the game usually have limited recovery frames. That is why Cyrax has a difficult time versus Kabal (iaGBs), Kitana (iaF), Sonya (rings), etc.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
You can't say Cage's forceball is bad because when you Enhance it, it gets you +5.

Best is probably Kabal and Worse is probably Noob's Shadow Charge since it's - on hit.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
The net preys on projectiles with long recovery frames. But the best projectiles in the game usually have limited recovery frames. That is why Cyrax has a difficult time versus Kabal (iaGBs), Kitana (iaF), Sonya (rings), etc.
And this is precisely why it didn't make my list.
That, and the ones I chose are the projectiles most instrumental to their character's metagame.

EX Net made the EX list because, with 2 Bars, it's the worst thing that can happen to you, anywhere, ever.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
I think Kabal's IAGB is the best projectile in the game. Smoke's is right up there with it since it is quick, launches, and isn't really like many other projectiles I have seen in a fighter...so that should count for something. Obviously Freddy's glove and spikes are ridiculous and I think Kitana's fans are really underrated so they have to be up there too.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
^This. I was in the middle of my previous post when you posted this. I forgot about Cyber Sub's Iceball. Every time I see it thrown, I think of the UsedForGlue video: "the price of dive kicks". LOL
lol price of dive kicks my ass, give his dive kicks more safty on block and his ex dive kicks armor, then i might agree with that statement.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
the only way that i would agree with having CSZ's rush down and special moves being as lack luster as they are, would be if his dive kicks were as powerful as a chuck norris round house kick to the face. i mean seriously xD does netherrealms even watch the tournaments held for its own games? they'd see that dive kick ain't as godlike as they'd all like to believe

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
You can't say Cage's forceball is bad because when you Enhance it, it gets you +5.

Best is probably Kabal and Worse is probably Noob's Shadow Charge since it's - on hit.
I'm no Noob expert but shadow isn't that slow, hits overhead has half decent pushback on block, and a character sized hitbox. It's not great but it doesn't seem that bad.

Aris_adapted

Aristotle
No Sonya's rings of justice and Jax projectile? wtf ) I guess it's one of the bests projectiles in the game for speed.

The best projectile is Kabal's Gas Blast.

The best projectiles in unison are obviously Freddy's Claws, low and high gloves, and sweet dreams. Nasty Full screen frame traps

GrandMasterson

The Netherrealm beckons
Stryker's grenades are worse than Cage's forceball. Grenade has more startup frames and a virtually useless EX version.

:(

TylerLantern

POWER OF FEAR
Every characters projectile has a use in some form or another, so there will always be a reason to use it. Its pretty unanimous that most people see Kabal's gas blast as the best, and with good reason. His instant air projectiles are insane. With that being said, if we take a look at other projectiles such as Freddy's full screen game, like Mr Mileena said, it makes for nasty full screen traps. Other characters like Shang and Kenshi have pretty sweet projectile mind games too. I would Stryker definitely has the FASTEST projectile in the game, as it is pretty instant and you can cancel it, which is really cool.

Reptile (of course) is one of my favorites for projectile mind games, because he has 6 different speed of your good old fashioned, throw across the screen projectiles (except Ex Acid Spit), with 4 of these projectiles giving you pop up on hit. Those 6 are Slow FB, Fast FB, Ex Fast FB, Ex Slow FB, Acid Spit, Ex Acid Spit. You can do some pretty good zoning with those projectiles. Some have even said he himself is a projectile with bf2. Anyway, he is definitely my personal favorite for projectile mind games, as he is my all around favorite character.

Other characters like Cage and Skarlet can really mix it up with their projectiles and even do frame traps with them. Like I said, all characters projectiles have some use or another...unless you are Sheeva and just throw a random fireball.