What's new

What is the best projectile in MK9?

RiverHB

Noob
I did a search and didn't find anything like this. What is the best projectile in the game? Hell, what is the worst? I figured it would be interesting discussion.

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
Smoke bomb definitely is good, its one of the fastest if not the fastest, can hit ducking and starts a combo, only downside is no chip damage. Reptiles acid spit seems kind of underrated to me, its pretty fast. Kabal has the best air projectile. Freddy claws, Sonya rings, stryker gun are all pretty fast. Kano's knives are still ok but not what they used to be.

The worst I'd say it's a toss up between Raiden's non enhanced, its really slow, or Baraka spark.

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
Stryker's gunshot is pretty good. It's not visible on screen and is pretty instant. Best part you can hold and release, and cancel it :)

M2Dave

Zoning Master
The best (in no particular order):

Freddy's glove toss and spikes
Kabal's iaGBs and buzzsaw
Kenshi's spirit charge
Noob's shadow tackle
Smoke's smoke bomb

The worst (in no particular order):

Baraka's spark
Cage's forceball
Cyber Sub Zero's iceball
Jade's boomerangs
Nightwolf's arrow

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Not counting Meter:

1. Smoke Bomb.
2. Kabal's Gas Blast.
3. Kitana's Fan.
4. Jax's Energy Wave.
5. Sindel's Fireballs.
Honorable Mentions: Reptile's Force Balls, Noob's Upknee, Sektor's Missle.

With Meter:

1. Kenshi's EX Spirit Charge.
2. Skarlet's EX Daggers.
3. Quan Chi's EX Rune.
4. Cyrax's EX Net.
5. Freddy's EX Ground Claw.
Honorable Mentions: Shang Tsung's EX Ground Skulls, Raiden's EX Bolt, Rain's EX Bubble.

RiverHB

Noob
Yes Cage's regular projectile is bad but at least the enhanced is +5. I mentioned in another post that Nightwolf's Arrow sucks bad. Baraka's Spark and Jade's non enhanced boomerang don't exactly move my gaming pants either.

Kabal's IAGB is very good but I'm leaning toward the Smoke bomb. No chip but will still build meter and opponent must respect it. It seems anytime I get hit by Smoke the bomb comes out and it's 30-40%. Trading is favorable for Smoke for the most part. And that's not counting the reset possibilities. While I wouldn't consider it the best, Sonya's Ring Toss is sweet too due to the recovery. A good projectile for a badass rushdown character.

D

Deleted member 9158

Best Air : Kuh-bawl's iagb. Kitana and Mileena come pretty close too imo
Best ground : Freddy's ground/air claw. Maybe even Kuh-bawl's buzzsaw. Smoke's smokebomb is probably even with it actually. Jax's projectile has wicked fast recovery on it too.

Worst air : well theres only a handful of characters that have an air one, so maybe Skarlet's? Does so little damage. The enhanced is cool, but still kind of useless.
Worst ground : Nightwolf's probably. So slow.

RiverHB

Noob
The best (in no particular order):

The worst (in no particular order):

Baraka's spark
Cage's forceball
Cyber Sub Zero's iceball
Jade's boomerangs
Nightwolf's arrow
^This. I was in the middle of my previous post when you posted this. I forgot about Cyber Sub's Iceball. Every time I see it thrown, I think of the UsedForGlue video: "the price of dive kicks". LOL

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
Poor sheeva :( shokan needs some buff. If she's gonna waste a bar on projectile it should at least come out faster.
It's not that bad actually, because its very slow and it actually has armor too you would be surprised how many people I've caught blasting one out right next to them. If they try jump punching/kicking or ducking they eat 16% its so big too its hard to avoid. Better odds than trying to guess low grab or grab and punch or air grab when your opponent is almost dead.

London Lust

Lagleena Player
I don't think Jade's is the worst just because of the flash and that you can go low, medium and high. I'd say worst is Nightwolf and Cage by far.