What's new

Question - Summoner What improvements would you like to see with summoner for kp2?

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Dink is the only real quan main here. The bitching and downplay here is incredible. You'd think these nerfs are gonna make him jason tier lol
I've played the character since MK9.

You don't know what you're talking about. The only points I made were that he's getting nerfed, which is factually correct, that Quan wasn't an especially threatening tournament character in terms of results compared to Lao and Tanya, which is true, and that losing +14 when Dragonfire remains relatively the same makes no sense, which it doesn't.

In this very thread, I made several reasonable Summoner nerf suggestions.

But please, keep making broad, sweeping statements.

SylverRye

Official Loop Kang Main
Who said I wouldn't?

Please find the post where I explicitly state that I am dropping Quan.
Did i say you were dropping him? Because i could have swore i just said stop crying and adapt to his incoming nerfs like we all will when our characters get them. Quan mains acting like hes gonna be some low tier trash now.

Patches are on the way! What kind of changes should we be asking for summoner come kp2? How do we get him into top 8s?

Personally I think they need to add a better hitbox to sky drop so it can actually hit people on the way down.

For summoner exclusively I'd really like correct frame data for the bat. As well as maybe a slight speed up on bat grab.
I agree with these both but the rumours are starting to make it look like he's getting nerfed pretty hard rather than buffed :(

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
Because Quan is not his character, he was bandwagoning him since he was stupid easy to open people up with and did an unfair amount of damage when he did. Not everyone genuinely connects with their characters like we do, some people just pick whoever gives them the W easiest. He will not adapt, he will give up without thinking twice because he doesnt give 2 shits about "his character." Scorpion was the most recently buffed mix up character so no surprise he flocked straight to him
i never really said i mained quan, i just used him a lot because i like his glass cannon concept and the zoning is interesting as well. I've been using scorp way before i even heard about the buffs he was getting, so im not just someone who flocks to the next OP character in line. I also prefer hunter pred over HQT.

Last edited:

Rude

Did i say you were dropping him? Because i could have swore i just said stop crying and adapt to his incoming nerfs like we all will when our characters get them. Quan mains acting like hes gonna be some low tier trash now.

Where did I say he was low tier trash?

If anything, my statements imply dissatisfaction with the nerfs, which is hardly an unreasonable reaction. I wasn't aware you were the Quan Chi forum cop and decided who could talk about what?

Adapting and being unhappy with a change aren't mutually exclusive.

SylverRye

Official Loop Kang Main
I've played the character since MK9.

You don't know what you're talking about. The only points I made were that he's getting nerfed, which is factually correct, that Quan wasn't an especially threatening tournament character in terms of results compared to Lao and Tanya, which is true, and that losing +14 when Dragonfire remains relatively the same makes no sense, which it doesn't.

In this very thread, I made several reasonable Summoner nerf suggestions.

But please, keep making broad, sweeping statements.
You're typing up a life story, its really not that serious. Nobody cares if quan made a top 8 or not. Top positions at tournaments do NOT determine balance. Quan has really horrible representation. Its not the character, its the people using him minus mike and ketchup who doesnt really compete anymore. Point was bitching and saying what you think is fair wont do anything. Instead get ready and go lab your character afterwards.

Rude

You're typing up a life story, its really not that serious. Nobody cares if quan made a top 8 or not. Top positions at tournaments do NOT determine balance. Quan has really horrible representation. Its not the character, its the people using him minus mike and ketchup who doesnt really compete anymore. Point was bitching and saying what you think is fair wont do anything. Instead get ready and go lab your character afterwards.
Life story?

Man, reading sure is hard, huh?

But I forgot...we can't talk about our opinions on the nerf in our own character forum AND lab the character post-nerf, right?

It has to be one or the other?

SylverRye

Official Loop Kang Main
Where did I say he was low tier trash?

If anything, my statements imply dissatisfaction with the nerfs, which is hardly an unreasonable reaction. I wasn't aware you were the Quan Chi forum cop and decided who could talk about what?

Adapting and being unhappy with a change aren't mutually exclusive.
I said acting like hes low..i didnt said you said...holy shit. Im not about to go back and forth with some dude on tym so have the last word. Its so sad that quan cant make us all guess with plus 50 50 mixups anymore. Ive seen you post before. You're one of those tym types. But you got it man. Take the last word and lets move on lol

Rude

I said acting like hes low..i didnt said you said...holy shit. Im not about to go back and forth with some dude on tym so have the last word. Its so sad that quan cant make us all guess with plus 50 50 mixups anymore. Ive seen you post before. You're one of those tym types. But you got it man. Take the last word and lets move on lol

You're talking to me, so I can only extrapolate that you're categorizing me with the others. So what am I supposed to do but base my responses on the things you say?

Typical TYM Type: Go into a character forum for a character you don't main, shit on the players, and then act indignant when you get less than favorable feedback.

Common sense, ho!

Wetdoba

All too easy...
they shoulda made it +8 or something at least, not all the way down to -1.
Lets be serious here, all bias aside, a character thats a top 3 zoner free does not need plus on block 50-50 launchers. He will still get free bat set ups and everything else he has. Plus there could very well be changes to his normals and strings that arent known yet

Wetdoba

All too easy...
they shoulda made it +8 or something at least, not all the way down to -1.
Lets be serious here, all bias aside, a character thats a top 3 zoner free does not need plus on block 50-50 launchers. He will still get free bat set ups and everything else he has. Plus there could very well be changes to his normals and strings that arent known yet

Goat-City

Banned
Yes he does because being a top 3 zoner in MKX might as well be the equivalent of a mid tier rushdown character, which would be fine if the character had a good wakeup, but he doesn't, so not only does he need great zoning but he needs great pressure too. And it is not a 50/50 since there's no overhead mixup.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Yes he does because being a top 3 zoner in MKX might as well be the equivalent of a mid tier rushdown character, which would be fine if the character had a good wakeup, but he doesn't, so not only does he need great zoning but he needs great pressure too. And it is not a 50/50 since there's no overhead mixup.
I'll keep that in mind while I watch Sonicfox zone top players out as Kitana, a top 10 zoner at best.

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
One frame to unblock means -1 is neutral on block. Quan also has a 6 frame d1, which means d1 will still frame trap after the EX rune.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
Well, i do use quan chi and have used and all variations but I don't main him, and i still do use him.Summoner is quite fun for me.And at first i thought he was straight up OP and broken, but ever since i played him, i felt he's a bit too much, but he doesn't feel as annoying as some other characters and i didn't even know the actual match up,maybe it's just me.But i have played one quan chi and he destroyed me, but i can speak from both sides, and if i would NERF him.I'd just give him scaling nerfs.Just my opinion.

And i never said I'm an expert, i have no idea where you got that one from.So i guess stating my opinion says I'm an expert?:confused:
it's all in presentation. Saying anyone who would nerf more is crying kinda gives you an air of expertise, like you know more than anyone else who is saying otherwise. The way you've presented your opinion this time is a lot more reasonable in that sense

Goat-City

Banned
-1 is fine. All that means is that he will have to play the counter poking game.
-1 is not fine. Sorcerer needs the EX rune to be plus 14 for the rune trap, no more no less. This doesn't even hurt Summoner as much as the other 2 variations because he doesn't even need meter to make his 50/50s plus. This nerf is too much compared to 90% of the characters in this game. Now the only useful spell Sorcerer has is the armor spell, which might as well be the ice clone except you can't get it out safely without a knockdown and he doesn't have ANY good wakeups unlike Sub Zero.

Error404

Noob
No, but +14 vs three looped blockstrings into a multi-hitting, + on block special might be.
No it really , really isn't.There is no way that you can compare a blockstring ending in +2 , to a 50/50 mix-up that grants another mix-up on block and a combo on hit , that loops back into that same mix-up. Frankly I don't even know why it was given to him in the first place . Just repeating that sentence in my head gives me a headache. It's even more shocking to me that you're trying to defend this as if he needs it.

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
-1 is not fine. Sorcerer needs the EX rune to be plus 14 for the rune trap, no more no less. This doesn't even hurt Summoner as much as the other 2 variations because he doesn't even need meter to make his 50/50s plus. This nerf is too much compared to 90% of the characters in this game. Now the only useful spell Sorcerer has is the armor spell, which might as well be the ice clone except you can't get it out safely without a knockdown and he doesn't have ANY good wakeups unlike Sub Zero.
Why does sorcerer need to kill you on one touch in the corner. And why can't you use the chip hex, end a block string with mb rune, block a counter poke, and retaliate with a block string. God forbid you have to make a read instead of just killing your opponent with chip.

Error404

Noob
So does it not take a frame to unblock?
F212 is -1 and I'm getting it to trade w 6 frame d1 so what exactly are you talking about?
No such thing. That 1 frame is misconception . You can press buttons as soon as the block stun is over.Reversal specials start up 1 frame BEFORE block stun is over.