What's new

Question - Kobu Jutsu What if b1

SylverRye

Official Loop Kang Main
If they nerf the blockstun of the rekkas, character will become shit, if they make the 1st hit of b1 a high, the character will still be viable at high lvl but will require a brain to do so. B1 being a mid is the problem here, not the blockstun of the rekkas.
What in the........

ESP-_BLACK

best proclaimed hellfire scorpion
huh....? that nots even the problem the problem is rekka obv and even then rekka not that OD

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Lol at all the Tanya down players bringing up Pig's video as reasons why she isn't that good.

This is hilarious because it seems like:
1) The Pig tech was mostly new to the Tanya downplayers. Most other people already knew this tech and still considered Tanya ridiculous, but Tanya requires so little game knowledge and labbing that many (not all of course) Tanya players themselves paradoxically knew the least about their own character
2) Pig himself continues to say Tanya is ridiculous and would not agree whatsoever that his video means Tanya is anywhere near fair. The point of his video was "here's some tech to make Tanya slightly less unbearable" ... not "here's some tech that neutralizes Tanya, problem solved"
Most Tanya mains knew of Pig's tech, even the so called "downplayers". And as many of us explained in that thread, it is something that Tanya mains already adjusted to long ago(by doing max range b1 into EX tonfa, for example).

Say whatever you want about how easy Tanya is but to imply that everyone else knows more about Tanya than Tanya mains who knew all of this "anti-Tanya tech" before anyone else is pretty absurd.

ESP-_BLACK

best proclaimed hellfire scorpion
zoidberg the god! Maining tanya automatically gets you hate and its really annoying people got to play her to see her for her faults

Zoidberg747

zoidberg the god! Maining tanya automatically gets you hate and its really annoying people got to play her to see her for her faults
To be fair I think her strengths well outweigh her weaknesses and I think some people overstate some of her weaknesses. I've always been a serial upplayer but with Tanya i'm pretty confident in saying she is OP.

That being said she's not as braindead as she used to be. A few more slight adjustments and she'll be fine.

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
Most Tanya mains knew of Pig's tech, even the so called "downplayers". And as many of us explained in that thread, it is something that Tanya mains already adjusted to long ago(by doing max range b1 into EX tonfa, for example).

Say whatever you want about how easy Tanya is but to imply that everyone else knows more about Tanya than Tanya mains who knew all of this "anti-Tanya tech" before anyone else is pretty absurd.
I think you have misinterpreted my post - to be clear - I am not saying all Tanya *mains* are downplayers or criticising all Tanya mains at all. Nor am I suggesting using her = free wins. In fact, I think Dragon in particular is very impressive. Most if not all of the top level Tanyas would do very well with another character. And some Tanya mains are very knowledgeable about their character.

I am specifically referring to the subset of Tanya mains who downplay. This subset seems to know embarrassingly little about their character, claiming that one third of the cast punished the first rekka, the armour OS renders Tanya pressure mediocre, Tanya's ex rekka cannot break armour, etc.

Last edited:

KGA Prosaic

RM Prosaic
He's referring to me when I mentioned a 6f poke or 7f reversal can punish the first rekka. I must be ignorant in saying such. Or option selecting through Tanya's delay or not delay rekka pressure is not viable. Lol. Listen guys, you have an issue with the MU you come to the Tanya mains and we tell you exactly how to beat this character. B1 isnt the problem here. It's this game use of Blockstun that really makes the rekka scary. Thats why reversals are the ideal way to go about this MU. I hate to say some characters have bad MU's but some characters have bad mu's. You want to beat Tanya? Use Lao, Kitanna, Shinnok, or even Reptile. Not saying Reptile is a bad mu for her. But he has everything needed to level the playing field to even.

Zoidberg747

He's referring to me when I mentioned a 6f poke or 7f reversal can punish the first rekka. I must be ignorant in saying such. Or option selecting through Tanya's delay or not delay rekka pressure is not viable. Lol. Listen guys, you have an issue with the MU you come to the Tanya mains and we tell you exactly how to beat this character. B1 isnt the problem here. It's this game use of Blockstun that really makes the rekka scary. Thats why reversals are the ideal way to go about this MU. I hate to say some characters have bad MU's but some characters have bad mu's. You want to beat Tanya? Use Lao, Kitanna, Shinnok, or even Reptile. Not saying Reptile is a bad mu for her. But he has everything needed to level the playing field to even.
No one I have played has punished the first rekka consistently with a poke. And if the poke trades or gets beat out by b1 I get a free combo/pressure. Poking simply does not work against the first rekka, ever.

Only way to punish first rekka consistently is mashing a 6f armor reversal, and very few characters can do that.

JDM

Noob
I wouldnt downplay Reptile, mate. Reptile has an answer to everything Tanya. F4 is a great normal for all sorts of things. Jailing, creating mixups while invisible, punishing with his optimal damage, and a few occasions, break the opponent armor.
What I'm getting at is f4 is as good as b1 is everyway. Except how you mention, he can make himself +8 while she can only make herself +2
Seeeeee this is the gold im talking about. LMAO.