What's new

Week 3 Character Salt report

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
See, the difference between the Shinnok board and the Kenshi/Kitana board is that Shinnok players don't have a bunch of people who don't even play him coming into their threads and telling them how good he is.

Clampa_

Learn from this.
More like lol at 4 frame spin punishing everything in the game.
Honestly people get way too butthurt about Lao spin, is it good, yea of course but its not god-like to the point where you can win games with that by itself (which is what people seem to think lao players do) and besides that it costs meter to be useful and even then it isnt going to punish a lot of moves because they have pushback and the spin range isn't that far. ok rant done

SirKashmir

Chinese Ninja Warrior
Kung Jim is so annoying to play against, but I'm kinda worried about Quan Chi Sorcerer being broken at the point of winning every tournament. I hope he gets nerfed before EVO or it's another Quan Chi winning the prize.

lm Tweakk

#BuffAntiAirs
LOL @ TYM being blinded by frame data without any context.

PS: 5 frame spin*

PPS: Kung Jin, Quan, Cassie, Sub-Zero, Erron Black.

There you go. That's 5 characters who are undeniably better than Kung Lao. But yeah no, 5 frame spin punishes everything bro...especially when every Kung Lao main is using the variation that doesn't have a 5 frame spin as it's clearly the better variation.
I forgot they added a frame to basically everything , you may be right , but reguardless he's still top tier. Also I don't think erron black is better.

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
See, the difference between the Shinnok board and the Kenshi/Kitana board is that Shinnok players don't have a bunch of people who don't even play him coming into their threads and telling them how good he is.
that shit is so annoying acting like they know better than the people who have been working their asses off to make the character viable since day one and have been playing the character trying to find the best stuff with him since day one.

lm Tweakk

#BuffAntiAirs

There you go. That's 5 characters who are undeniably better than Kung Lao. But yeah no, 5 frame spin punishes everything bro...especially when every Kung Lao main is using the variation that doesn't have a 5 frame spin as it's clearly the better variation.
Also I was just saying that as word of mouth , the list I made Is hardly my own opinion and more of a general consensus , that's why I put everything in quotation marks.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions

KL probably has a better midscreen game than Sub, Cassie & Erron out of them 5

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
Oh man, the salt is actually shifting so fast I have a hard time keeping up.

I feel like the uncool kid at school who only gets the new thing one week later- at which point everyone has moved on to something else.

Here I was all ready to finally complain about Sub Zero and now 'Kenshi-tana' is the week's hot thing...and what the hell happened with the Erron Black and Takeda salt? And is full auto Jacqui still a thing? Can I PLEASE get a memo or something??

Why can't it ever by MY salty topic?

(╯°□°)╯︵ oɐ˥ ƃunʞ
There was a Takeda salt? in favour or against him? I have missed much.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
@SneakyTortoise you need to post Week 1 and Week 2 Salt Crown characters in the OP, and each week always have past Salt Crown holders in the OP for reference sake.
Yeah I'll do that. There would be no need if some mod hadn't merged my other thread with the another one. Didn't even have the courtesy to message me that he was doing it either so I don't even know who did it.

Malec

Noob
Lol Shinnok might turn out to be the worst character in MKX and you still barely hear anything from the Shinnok players.

I'm pretty sure Shinnok is 5 times worse than Kitana and I haven't even seen Kitana or played her at all.
he just isnt popular enough I guess and so nobody cares or take notice
but I am really dissapointed how Shinnok turned out and I can just hope for the best and looking forward for some buffs or I just have to find a new main then

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Kenshi & Kitana

Although there has been some crying about Kano and Kung Jin on TYM for week 3, none of that compared to the salt pouring out of the Kenshi and Kitana communities. The role model to every Kenshi main has publicly expressed his negative feelings towards the character and there are rumours of a secret Kitana Kouncil, who have already written a list of buff demands which they are patiently waiting to reveal at the opportune moment.

When we look back at the first year of MKX's life, week 3 should be noted as the week that Kitana and Kenshi were buried. R.I.P. They were never allowed to live.

Disclaimer: I am not putting either community or any of the players on blast, simply recording the facts.

For previous results, please see this post (which was originally a thread of its own until someone had the brilliant idea to merge it into a thread where you would, otherwise, not see it)
http://testyourmight.com/threads/the-official-mkx-complain-rant-thread.50744/page-15#post-1687219
Interesting, because according to some users on here KJ is "the worst and OP apparently" lol

I agree, people need to seriously let the game thrive like wtf? Remember all those topics way back about "message to the MKC, let's let the game live before crying nerfs etc" then everyone agreeing, lol guess that's out the window.