What's new

*updated* NFG RANKINGS - Flawless Victory not counted, Brady moves backwards, Chris G climbs up.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
The point Tom made(and I agreed with) is that both big regionals should count or neither should count. There must be a formula to determine which tournaments count not simply what feels important to TYM or which VSM goes to. That doesn't mean they'd have equel value. It'd still be based on the typical point structure.

The distinction between major and regional is almost non existent for grassroots tournaments now. With the small player base and MLG there's going to be very few majors with 50+ players. Final Round was the last great non Evo/MLG major. It's a pleasant surprise we're getting Pig, REO
and CD jr for UFGT.

BDMao88

Filthy Casual
Does anyone else feel like they are in Game of Thrones when people mention the West coast as if hearing about the wildlings? WHO THE FUCK ARE THEY?! NOBODY KNOWS!!!!

There is only one ruler of the 7 kingdoms and that is VSM.

Maxter

Noob
Tom Brady was the one who claimed Flawless Victory was just another monthly on the KTP podcast like EGP. It wasn't any of the west coast players. I tried to argue against it, but Tom convinced Sin (the guy who runs NFG rankings) that it was nothing more.

Way to go, bro. Thanks for all your efforts now I hope you're happy with the result you caused for the rest of us.
Thanks for this info brother, you are a loyal friend and i believe you 100%, but on that twitter it says also that it was egp specifically, i don't know what to believe now, but it is clear now why Brady didn't come to FV

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
What techs are you talking about? the same techs you used at nec and didn't get you anywhere, out of 15 cyraxes only one made it out of pools, I called him the last cyrax, the only survivor, the most hated cyborg on this community, the one with the net and dreams, the nightmare for those trapped in that net, the one that needz it, the undisputed maxter of cyrax.
I had to kill some of my cyrax brothers myself you were lucky you didn't get in my way, people on this side of the country doesn't fall for that shitty random rush down you tried to teach me, and that random net will mean your death.

You better help me out to find who of your people were responsible for trash talking about flawless victory being a monthly and you will be spared, i don't care about the points as i stated before but i don't like the hatred and jealousy of a group of people in a community that should support each other. i heard tom brady might be involved in this, now i see why it looked suspicious he didn't go to FV and went to PU instead, he should have supported FV and his good friend Blackula but since he knew FV had top notches he thought PU will be an easier way to escalate the nfg ladder, his demons betrayed him and he didn't get anything, instead his position went down.

Are you against VSM and the MK community as a whole Tom brady?, are you conspiring against us along with the socal haters? we have always been loyal to you and everything you have done for this community, but we wont tolerate any treason, remember you carry the vsm tag on you, explain yourself what really is happening maybe i've been misinformed, lie to me and make me feel better but make sure that lie last forever or else. .. ... .... ..... ...... ....... ........ ......... .......... ........... ............ ............. .............. ...............
By the way, since you want to mention NEC.

You are lucky you weren't in my bracket. I eliminated both Black Mamba and Noobe, two of the best Cyrax players in the U.S. If I remember correctly, you got 8th place, slightly above my 9th. If I were you, I would thank me for eliminating the rest of the Cyrax competition that happened to be in my pool. Next time hop on my pool and we will see how outdated your old rust bucket of hardware is. I have the latest in rush-down technology.

And I know for a fact you aren't using Johnny on me, cause we both know what happened that weekend of NEC.

NFGRankings

NFGRankings.com
Tom Brady was the one who claimed Flawless Victory was just another monthly on the KTP podcast like EGP. It wasn't any of the west coast players. I tried to argue against it, but Tom convinced Sin (the guy who runs NFG rankings) that it was nothing more.

Way to go, bro. Thanks for all your efforts now I hope you're happy with the result you caused for the rest of us.
Let me set the record straight. The plan was to include FV results, as I had stated on the podcast. But after the podcast was released, I received two emails that said basically EGP should be ranked if FV is ranked, west coast has no shot of getting on the list because this is just adding more east coast tournaments, NFGR is biased toward VSM, etc.

My criteria for adding tournaments is that they'll likely have people travel so you have a few different states/regions represented and they happen no more than twice a year. While Tom did say FV was basically a monthly, to me FV didn't seem like just another monthly because there was a guaranteed pot and a trip to Evo, but some people in the community seem to agree with Tom. I felt that I had to add both FV or EGP, or neither, or the community will see it as being biased, which I don't want.

Like I said on the podcast, I would add EGP if it wasn't a monthly. They need to have a tournament that differentiates itself from all the other monthlies like MAK did with FV. It seems like most of the community wants FV included, but I don't want to do it if west coast players think it's unfair. FYI, FV results would make no difference to the current rankings. It would just give Maxter a few more points.

Also, for everyone asking Erik Warda will be off the list in the next update when SB results no longer count.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
Let me set the record straight. The plan was to include FV results, as I had stated on the podcast. But after the podcast was released, I received two emails that said basically EGP should be ranked if FV is ranked, west coast has no shot of getting on the list because this is just adding more east coast tournaments, NFGR is biased toward VSM, etc.

My criteria for adding tournaments is that they'll likely have people travel so you have a few different states/regions represented and they happen no more than twice a year. While Tom did say FV was basically a monthly, to me FV didn't seem like just another monthly because there was a guaranteed pot and a trip to Evo, but some people in the community seem to agree with Tom. I felt that I had to add both FV or EGP, or neither, or the community will see it as being biased, which I don't want.

Like I said on the podcast, I would add EGP if it wasn't a monthly. They need to have a tournament that differentiates itself from all the other monthlies like MAK did with FV. It seems like most of the community wants FV included, but I don't want to do it if west coast players think it's unfair. FYI, FV results would make no difference to the current rankings. It would just give Maxter a few more points.

Also, for everyone asking Erik Warda will be off the list in the next update when SB results no longer count.

What if it was a RanBat? Would it be possible to add points based on the top listed players that show up to these and place? Considering how these events are getting great numbers in two different states? I think it could work.

For example, I think WNF here in SoCal gets Evo seeding points too.

On a side note... Honestly, I personally wouldn't mind if you added FV. I think its great that these events are getting a lot of players to begin with. I've been with this community since before it was introduced to the FGC, so it feels great to have this discussion.

Maxter

Noob
What if it was a RanBat? Would it be possible to add points based on the top listed players that show up to these and place? Considering how these events are getting great numbers in two different states? I think it could work.

For example, I think WNF here in SoCal gets Evo seeding points too.

On a side note... Honestly, I personally wouldn't mind if you added FV. I think its great that these events are getting a lot of players to begin with. I've been with this community since before it was introduced to the FGC, so it feels great to have this discussion.
I have a better idea, why don't egp makes a major tournament of their own and announces it with a 3 month notice like MAK did with FV, you could have maybe 4 of these a year, for instance; every three month egp will make a major with evo points so the west coast closest players can attend to and get their ranked points, and on this side MAK can do also 4 majors a year so peopel on this side can get points too.
the only difference is that people on the west coast won't get any points anyway because VSM along with pig of the hut, WNBA, and others from this side will go to SOCAL and steal all of your points because none of you will place top 8.
DOES THE IDEA SOUND ANY GOOD?

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
I have a better idea, why don't egp makes a major tournament of their own and announce it with a 3 month notice like MAK did with FV, you could have maybe 4 of these a year, for instance; every three month egp will make a major with evo points so the west coast closest players can attend to and get their ranked points, and on this side MAK can do also 4 majors a year so peopel on this side can get points too.
the only difference is that people on the west coast won't get any points anyway because VSM along with pig of the hut, WNBA, and others from this side will go to SOCAL and steal all of your points because none of you will place top 8.
DOES THE IDEA SOUND ANY GOOD?
We have been announcing EGP monthlies since December.

You are also not leaving Anaheim in top 8, sorry. Cali don't play that. Ohio probably gave you guys the delusion that you are godlike, but you will soon realize the big, "WOMP WOMP WOMP" after you go back home.

Also, Pig is cool in my book. He beat you at FR.

As for the Women's Basketball Association. Bring it. We will sign autographs for you guys to take home as a consolation prize.

BDMao88

Filthy Casual

You are also not leaving Anaheim in top 8, sorry. Cali don't play that. Ohio probably gave you guys the delusion that you are godlike, but you will soon realize the big, "WOMP WOMP WOMP" after you go back home.

As for the Women's Basketball Association. Bring it. We will sign autographs for you guys to take home as a consolation prize.
Hey that flying V might be good on the ice, but don't bring that shit to MORTAL KOMBAT!

Does anyone else feel that if they try to say something or defend someone they'll get blown the fuck up? Or am I the only one?

All I see here are the so-called "MK Pros" getting tons of likes for posting gifs and other random garbage. What the fuck is the point. The list is incorrect IMO and i'm sure a lot of people agree. Why the fuck does there have to be 80,000 pictures trolling in these threads. WHAT THE FUCK. lol.

But seriously, Tom being 19th is ridiculous. FV was IMO a major and Powerup was too. Don't discredit IKizzle. He deserved that win.

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming

You were cool. You've changed bro.

Maxter

Noob

Much respect to pig for beating me, is not the first time i've been beaten, pig is a great guy and i wouldn't mind if he beats me, the same way cd jr does, Reo, Morty, CD, arturo,etc. BTW about johnny, when you tried my johnny he was only 25% of what he is right nowand he was kicking your ass, noobe can tell you how disgusting that johnny cage of mine is right now, we trained that fight together and he can tell you himself if you could stand a chance against him, and i don't need to get johnny's hands dirty with rusty metal and burning oil crappy cyraxes, i can give you a list of 10 characters to choose from and will still beat your arse. stop acting tough like you will stand a chance.
and about the WNBA these guys level are way ahead of EGP right now, you are not allowed to fight vsm unless you beat the WNBA team first, you have to prove that egp is a force to be reckoned with.

Phase 3

Feels Good Man
Perhaps I should clear this up. This is the second time I've seen you post "Women's National Basketball Association" as if it was some sort of jab at our group.

You do know that "WNBA," in the context of our names, actually means "Women's National Basketball Association," right? Since the beginning it has been a parody of people who take sponsors and clan tags too seriously. I figured I'd let you know, just in case you were unaware.

With that said, what's with all the trash talk lately? Is our community so thoroughly saturated with WWE die-hards? How much longer until we're all cutting video promos with our own version of Mean Gene (I nominate Phil for this honor, assuming these trends continue)? At least this revelation opens the door for entrance music. I've already got mine lined up...

I called it, so back the fuck off. I also reserve "Sunshine and Lollipops" as a backup.

Also, I met Tyrant at MLG (who happened to place right alongside us WNBA scrubs) and he was cool as hell. Sign me up for a few of his autographs.