What's new

*updated* NFG RANKINGS - Flawless Victory not counted, Brady moves backwards, Chris G climbs up.

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
*Insert Disgonbgud.gif*

But srsly, a guy who probably doesn't even own the game still manages to get 2nd place at a major....

LionHeart V1

You will feel deaths cold embrace
lol crazy that FV wasnt counted when it was twice the size of power up. Oh well.
Yeah real shame, FV was twice the size and had VSM show up. It could be argued that it had better competition too. Oh well. Still congrats to those guys at PU.

Tolkeen

/wrists
How is 50 something twice the size of 40 something? Or am I confused about the number of entrants to each tourney?

Tapatalk, helping me procrastinate.

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
*Insert Disgonbgud.gif*

But srsly, a guy who probably doesn't even own the game still manages to get 2nd place at a major....
In fairness I gotta believe Chris g owns the game. Dude has had a lot of high placements since game launched...

CitizenSnips

A seldom used crab named Lucky. AKA Citizen Snips.
PU had a lot of walk in signups, let's stop this "twice as many were at FV" bullshit before it becomes a meme.
That's true but the competition at Flawless Victory was just as good as PowerUp don't you think? Not only in terms of top players but there were also a ton of regular tournament goers too. And this wasn't like a monthly event. It was the first time VSM's top guys came down there and they don't hold tournaments every month that attract 50 people.

LionHeart V1

PU had a lot of walk in signups, let's stop this "twice as many were at FV" bullshit before it becomes a meme.
Just out of curiosity, what was total number of entrants, people kept on telling us there was less than 30. I don't wanna say something thats not right and offend anybody. And congrats in coming in 3rd at power up 16 bit. Your match with brady was hype.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I'm only speaking of the turn out. I'm also not saying FV should or should not count. I don't know. How do you decide ok this regional is bigger than usual, it now counts?

Death

Noob
I do think the FV guys got shafted. The competition was way more fierce there than power up. How can any1 argue that? The guys there got shafted.

CitizenSnips

A seldom used crab named Lucky. AKA Citizen Snips.
I'm only speaking of the turn out. I'm also not saying FV should or should not count. I don't know. How do you decide ok this regional is bigger than usual, it now counts?
Well number of people + number of top players based on their rankings should be indicative right?

I wouldn't consider Salty Battles tournies as majors despite the fact that they had the VSM guys. But even if VSM hadn't gone to FV, the tourney woudl still have had SwiftTomHanks, Death, Blackula, and other very good players from the area (so a regional). Then you add the VSM guys and it becomes much more than a regional. I'm not really upset over it not being a major, but I think it deserves that recognition.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
When the purpose of it is to draw in people from out of state. Flawless Victory was designed to be like an MK-specific major. People were thinking of coming from places like Canada and Atlanta. That's why I would distinguish it from a local tournament that happens to get a big turnout.

Phase 3

Feels Good Man
Yeah real shame, FV was twice the size and had VSM show up. It could be argued that it had better competition too. Oh well. Still congrats to those guys at PU.
It could be argued quite convincingly according to NFG's own rankings. Flawless Victory had players in attendance ranked: 1st, 2nd, 4th and 14th. This obviously doesn't include the plethora of excellent players that aren't on NFG's site.

Alternatively, Power Up had the players in ranks: 8th, 11th, 17th and 19th. It should also be noted that 17th, IKizzle, just debuted on the list thanks to Power Up's inclusion on NFG.

Outside the NFG rankings, Power Up had the GGA players and Forever King. This is an excellent group of players who unquestionably add a lot of credibility to the tournament; however, FV had the WNBA and MAK.

I want to make this very clear: I am absolutely not trying to discredit the competition at Power Up, nor am I trying to say one group is better than the other. I'm simply posting these facts as a foundation for the comparisons that will inevitably take place within this thread.

Flawless Victory also had a good amount of competitors come from other states. I think both tournaments were fantastic and the accomplishments at each deserve to be celebrated. Putting one on a pedestal over another is just, in my opinion, a bit insulting.

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
I think deciding was very easy for the community once the Grand Prize was put in place and when top players committed to travel.. lets be real, this so called regional was different. It just was..

LionHeart V1

I should not have said "better competition" don't wanna take anything away from all the players that attended. Just as much if not more is probably more appropriate. Power Up is a major and should be a major. You had great players there like 16 bit, Tom brady, Chris G, Ikizzle, Dizzy, Forever king and others.