What's new

Update! 5/5/15 MKX PC Patch has been pulled by NRS/HVS

What's the difference between Adaptive and Fixed?
it was suggested by both wb and hvs that it be set to adaptive in your driver settings, when i get this patch down im gonna be sure to turn it off in game and use that same technique, then test it against the different options from ingame settings

So is anyone having the odd resolution issues that appeared with yesterday's patch, or is that fixed? If so, how to avoid/correct?

Also, what new video options are present. There's Vsync, which I'm assuming should be set to adaptive, but what else?

Thanks!

How can I make a backup of my own save?
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\<youridnumberhere>\307780\remote\user

go there and i made a backup folder in that folder, then copy all the files in user folder and place them in the backup folder

jobs a goodun

Since the patch my lag got soooo much worse, it's insane. I was playing just fine with other people from Europe before, but now I get like a second delay :/

I can't believe they actually made it worse :(

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
for me turn it off and set vsync to adaptive in your driver.

Hey all,

So I downloaded the patch and tried several Single Matches just to see how things play. Overall, very solid.

I remap my Controller, and the game now recognizes this in the moves list! I actually don't need to look at a combo, and then "translate" the buttons into what I remapped them! That's huge for me.

As I've mentioned before, I've never had major performance issues with the game, it's always been silky smooth for me. After the patch, I started having minor issues. Did some tweaking, checked my video settings and all of that, and I think it's improving; perhaps with stuff caching after several matches?

Anyway, Vsync, since that's now new, does anyone know what it was prior to this patch (even though it was unlisted)? By default it's set to Adaptive, and I tried a few other settings, but I'm just leaving it at the moment.

I've left Frame Smoothing off, didn't notice a difference, and was Motion Blur an option under Advanced Settings before?

I'll tinker more tomorrow after work and see if things are still improving or not. In the next while nVidia should release an updated profile for the game, and that should help too.

st9rm

viennality.com
i will never understand, why NRS outsourced their game to High Voltage Software
they should have learned from previous experiences, that they suck at porting games

the MK X PC launch was a complete disaster
the PC version not getting any updates is a joke
and after getting an update finally, it breaks everyone's safe game and performance issues occur
online is still unplayable, since the game keeps crashing etc..

at least pc players should have the possibility, in getting a refund!

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
online is still unplayable, since the game keeps crashing etc..
Tbh, from few of my friends on Steam, when I asked them how is the game After the patch - they said it's really a big improvement for THEM when it comes to overall gameplay stability, no crashes in online after 20+ matches etc and frame rate is a lot more stable. It was late yesterday when I tested it, I only had one online game before bed, but I felt like it was a lot smoother experience (maybe I was just lucky, dunno). Gonna test it when Im back from work.

st9rm

viennality.com
Tbh, from few of my friends on Steam, when I asked them how is the game After the patch - they said it's really a big improvement for THEM when it comes to overall gameplay stability, no crashes in online after 20+ matches etc and frame rate is a lot more stable. It was late yesterday when I tested it, I only had one online game before bed, but I felt like it was a lot smoother experience (maybe I was just lucky, dunno). Gonna test it when Im back from work.
that sounds like an improvement i guess...
will test it as well today
only thing i don't understand is, why it took them a month until the game was more or less playable
it's not like it was on steam sale for 3$... people paid a lot for the game + the kombat pack

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
Well if there's one thing that I can thank HVS for, it's going to be their colossal fuck-up with this garbage port because yesterday I was able to buy Kombat Pack for only 9 Euros, instead of ridiculous 40 Euros price (same site, three weeks ago).

Well if there's one thing that I can thank HVS for, it's going to be their colossal fuck-up with this garbage port because yesterday I was able to buy Kombat Pack for only 9 Euros, instead of ridiculous 40 Euros price (same site, three weeks ago).
How'd that happen? Through Steam?

that sounds like an improvement i guess...
will test it as well today
only thing i don't understand is, why it took them a month until the game was more or less playable
it's not like it was on steam sale for 3$... people paid a lot for the game + the kombat pack
The game hasn't been out for a month. It's been three weeks and two days. We've had something around three patches, so roughly one a week.

NRS' games _always_ have issues online, whether it's NRS' version or HVS' version. Remember the MK9 launch on PS3 and Xbox 360? Remember the patch that "fixed" it two months later, and it was really only a little bit better? How soon people seem to forget how the online was.

So WBIE is supporting the game, and the consensus is HVS is generally improving things. HVS isn't doing an amazing job, but they are doing more than what's been done before for the PC version.

For me, the patch seems to have caused a little more frame rate issues. It was silky smooth for, it's now just smooth.

Still playable though, and in very good shape!

Thanks! So does anyone know what the game had vSync set to prior to yesterday's patch?
the vsync seems all kinds of weird for me since patch. i tried having it off ingame and on adaptive in gfx card ctrl pnl and it was like the games "off" overides the control panel setting as i was getting tearing.

since i have had it set to just adaptive in game and its been ok. still dumb though lol