What's new

Update! 5/5/15 MKX PC Patch has been pulled by NRS/HVS

Salt aside I don't understand how WB and/or NRS can accept such a bad port.

I get that WB get what they paid for (so something close to nothing) but at some point you have to face the reviews all around the world that are tagging your company as a really bad one (PC community wise).
Just check the MKX DvD.. the HVS brand is only on the backside and as big as steam/unreal/havok/etc brands. So for most people it's 100% WB/NRS fault.

WB had the chance to do a giant step toward being a major player in the fighters games on PC. They kinda did the opposite to me.

Johnny San

Shazzy's Biggest Fan
Quote off the Steam Discussions:

Got a reply back from HVS
Me: Will we get the fixed patch today or at a future date? I was in practice mode playing Jason when the 2nd patch hit and I backed out to download it. Yeah I lost my saved games "Technically it was the 2nd time it's happened" but I can live with that. I just want the game to work properly. I've sent you guys messages and Emails before without response. I sincerely hope you guys actually write me back this time. And preferably none of that "Business ettiquette" nonsense. I want to speak with a human being. I know your jobs are tough. I know you guys must be freaking out right now, but answers are what the community needs. Don't keep us in the dark. Let us know what's happening at a steady pace. Please respond back.

HVS: Hi Chris,

We are working to release an updated patch. We're shooting for tonight or tomorrow at the very latest.

We do apologize for both the headache this has caused, as well as the lack of communication. We are receiving e-mails and messages constantly and sometimes a few slip through the cracks. Please don't take it personally, we're working as quickly as we can to ensure we fix everything.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Just ...okay no. This is it for me. This was the only way I had to play the game. I'm seriously thinking of just outright demanding a refund and giving up. I've been suffering at lowest everything settings and still barely able to function in half the stages due to framerate issues. I've suffered through bugs, and updates that did little to nothing, but this is just wrong. When PC drops from 30k to 3k users its just dead.

I don't want to throw cash at next gen yet. There is literally nothing on PS4 or X1 to warrant that kind of initial investment from me but its looking like I may as well consider MKX PS4 exclusive these days due to how bad the last gen ports are and the framerate stuff.

I put in $90 between the season pass and the game at launch for this and I can't even play it comfortably. Combos literally have to use different timings on each stage for me on PC.

This...to hell with it. Contacting HVS and steam support right now. I want my refund. I quit.

xX_Atrocitus_Xx

Blood & Rage
Quote off the Steam Discussions:

Got a reply back from HVS
Me: Will we get the fixed patch today or at a future date? I was in practice mode playing Jason when the 2nd patch hit and I backed out to download it. Yeah I lost my saved games "Technically it was the 2nd time it's happened" but I can live with that. I just want the game to work properly. I've sent you guys messages and Emails before without response. I sincerely hope you guys actually write me back this time. And preferably none of that "Business ettiquette" nonsense. I want to speak with a human being. I know your jobs are tough. I know you guys must be freaking out right now, but answers are what the community needs. Don't keep us in the dark. Let us know what's happening at a steady pace. Please respond back.

HVS: Hi Chris,

We are working to release an updated patch. We're shooting for tonight or tomorrow at the very latest.

We do apologize for both the headache this has caused, as well as the lack of communication. We are receiving e-mails and messages constantly and sometimes a few slip through the cracks. Please don't take it personally, we're working as quickly as we can to ensure we fix everything.

Well done sir.

xX_Atrocitus_Xx

Blood & Rage
Just ...okay no. This is it for me. This was the only way I had to play the game. I'm seriously thinking of just outright demanding a refund and giving up. I've been suffering at lowest everything settings and still barely able to function in half the stages due to framerate issues. I've suffered through bugs, and updates that did little to nothing, but this is just wrong. When PC drops from 30k to 3k users its just dead.

I don't want to throw cash at next gen yet. There is literally nothing on PS4 or X1 to warrant that kind of initial investment from me but its looking like I may as well consider MKX PS4 exclusive these days due to how bad the last gen ports are and the framerate stuff.

I put in $90 between the season pass and the game at launch for this and I can't even play it comfortably. Combos literally have to use different timings on each stage for me on PC.

This...to hell with it. Contacting HVS and steam support right now. I want my refund. I quit.
http://i.imgur.com/MaBxxUm.gif

shaowebb

If I pay $90 I expect it to work. As is I have yet to get an OFFLINE match on anything outside the training room to play as good as a bad online match in other games. I've been trying to grind BNB in that one stage till it worked. Thats not $90 worth of value nor what I was promised.

I'm thinking its time to call it quits and just decide whether or not to be forced into next gen. If I do go it'd be wisest to wait till after E3 in case of console price drops. Either way...this killed it.

xX_Atrocitus_Xx

Blood & Rage
If I pay $90 I expect it to work. As is I have yet to get an OFFLINE match on anything outside the training room to play as good as a bad online match in other games. I've been trying to grind BNB in that one stage till it worked. Thats not $90 worth of value nor what I was promised.

I'm thinking its time to call it quits and just decide whether or not to be forced into next gen. If I do go it'd be wisest to wait till after E3 in case of console price drops. Either way...this killed it.
LOL dude.... bro .... It's not that bad it will get fixed one day the game will work and it will be great. Dont get me wrong I am upset too but getting all worked up? not worth it. Waiting it out for MK on PC yeah way worth it.

Dwarfmp

Enthusiast
Kombat Pack owners should get that Kold War Skin Pack for free as compensation, because come on, it should've been included. Season Pass is Season Pass, am I right?

shaowebb

LOL dude.... bro .... It's not that bad it will get fixed one day the game will work and it will be great. Dont get me wrong I am upset too but getting all worked up? not worth it. Waiting it out for MK on PC yeah way worth it.
I'm being realistic. HVS has a track record on this stuff...eventually with Zone of the Enders HD another company had to be hired to repair what they did to it. So far I have yet to get my framerate issue settled enough to even grind properly offline outside of 2 stages. This isn't a loud and angry rant or tirade...its just disappointment and resigning myself to the truth.

I'll need to go next gen. I didn't want to because the current libraries on PS4/X1 don't warrant the purchase from me but I can afford it. I just didn't want to. I'll put in for a Saturday at the plant next week which will be a double time day for me and net me all the funds needed. We got someone trying to find someone for his slot on the C job anyhow so he can go and play in an alumni football game with his old high school team.

I'm being real here. Games should launch playable. Its been 3 weeks give or take and the title still hardly functions. That is not acceptable and at some point you have to set an example. I can afford to do so and I choose to make a stand on this. I worked in the gaming industry briefly and I do indie work on my own project now outside of my career. I plan on setting an example when it comes to expecting certain standards to be met in my own work for customers...what sort of example would I set if I decided its okay for others to not meet those standards?

I won't support this on PC. Not with High Voltage Studios or with this kind of track record on this title and their other work. I'm pulling the plug in hopes that it helps add to the pile of reasons folks should not support them and hurt their own market reputations in doing so.

Never again use HVS for porting Netherealm. I support you and will continue to do so...but not HVS. Not after this. I strongly urge others to do the same if you can afford to do so in hopes that a message is sent. At this rate I think its time for another Zone of the Enders scenario...Netherealm you need to hire a replacement.

Subby

Frost Warrior
Normally these days i'm less of a poster and more of a lurker, just watching and reading. However today I had the displeasure of coming home after a long day and being excited that the PC version(The one I bought since I play on PC these days.) will finally get the fixes it needs, only to find out that disaster after disaster occured for the PC community as the game was in a worse state than before.

Honestly it's the first time I've had to write a bad review for a game on the steam application. Never before have I been so disgusted over the fact that I shelled out $60 dollars for a game franchise I love, only for the game to swing between playable, kind of playable, and completely unplayable over the past week or so.

I love NRS and Mortal Kombat, but they really need to get their heads back into the game because if I'm dissapointed, then they're doing something horribly wrong and I am someone that is very easy to please. All this debacle has given me so much distress it's causing me to post on forums again. :(

I'm being realistic. HVS has a track record on this stuff...eventually with Zone of the Enders HD another company had to be hired to repair what they did to it. So far I have yet to get my framerate issue settled enough to even grind properly offline outside of 2 stages. This isn't a loud and angry rant or tirade...its just disappointment and resigning myself to the truth.

I'll need to go next gen. I didn't want to because the current libraries on PS4/X1 don't warrant the purchase from me but I can afford it. I just didn't want to. I'll put in for a Saturday at the plant next week which will be a double time day for me and net me all the funds needed. We got someone trying to find someone for his slot on the C job anyhow so he can go and play in an alumni football game with his old high school team.

I'm being real here. Games should launch playable. Its been 3 weeks give or take and the title still hardly functions. That is not acceptable and at some point you have to set an example. I can afford to do so and I choose to make a stand on this. I worked in the gaming industry briefly and I do indie work on my own project now outside of my career. I plan on setting an example when it comes to expecting certain standards to be met in my own work for customers...what sort of example would I set if I decided its okay for others to not meet those standards?

I won't support this on PC. Not with High Voltage Studios or with this kind of track record on this title and their other work. I'm pulling the plug in hopes that it helps add to the pile of reasons folks should not support them and hurt their own market reputations in doing so.

Never again use HVS for porting Netherealm. I support you and will continue to do so...but not HVS. Not after this. I strongly urge others to do the same if you can afford to do so in hopes that a message is sent. At this rate I think its time for another Zone of the Enders scenario...Netherealm you need to hire a replacement.
I get what you're doing as you really want to play the game, but the problem is the message you're sending to WBIE, the owners of the franchise and the one's ultimately responsible for all versions of the game, is that if one version is messed up you'll spend, what, 500% _more_ (say $399.99 for the console, $69.99 for the game, $5.00 for Goro, and $30.00 for the Season Pass) to play a different version of the game.

That message won't help the situation at all, but would actually further encourage bad business practices.

I'm not trying to be a jerk, please don't take this as such, I just want to make sure you actually understand what you're saying to the publisher by doing this.

RM_NINfan101

Nine Inch Nails fan from Metro Detroit, Michigan
I'm just surprised Netherrealm didn't do the PC port, don't they make everything on computers for the most part?

Marvaz

come at me
Is the ps4 update good to install? I just logged on and it says update required. Sorry if this has been answered

D4G

Win At All Cost
I saw a release this terrible for PS3 before.

Zone of Enders HD Collection. Port done by HVS. A different company was brought in fix it later since what HVS released was unplayable.

Are you serious? With a track record this bad, how are these guys still in business? No doubt laughing their ass off at anyone who expected them to finally make a solid release.

feedyourcatbro

Meow Lin
Are you serious? With a track record this bad, how are these guys still in business? No doubt laughing their ass off at anyone who expected them to finally make a solid release.
2 theories: they're cheap as hell, or they employ friends/family of people at major studios.

shaowebb

I get what you're doing as you really want to play the game, but the problem is the message you're sending to WBIE, the owners of the franchise and the one's ultimately responsible for all versions of the game, is that if one version is messed up you'll spend, what, 500% _more_ (say $399.99 for the console, $69.99 for the game, $5.00 for Goro, and $30.00 for the Season Pass) to play a different version of the game.

That message won't help the situation at all, but would actually further encourage bad business practices.

I'm not trying to be a jerk, please don't take this as such, I just want to make sure you actually understand what you're saying to the publisher by doing this.
I get how it may seem that way so I'll make it clear.

I will not support any game that doesn't function and as such I am personally boycotting any products ported by High Voltage Studios. Their track record speaks for itself...they have nearly ruined many titles and have done a lot of damage to the reputations of publishers including Netherealm. I will find some way to support Netherealm but I HIGHLY will encourage folks to not support anything with High Voltage Studios involved.

In other words I am urging folks to raise their voice to Netherealm to never hire High Voltage Studios again and if they cannot repair EVERYTHING in the next patch to stop coddling them and do what Konami did and hire another studio to repair their mess competently before more damage to the game's reputation on other consoles and PC can happen. I highly urge folks to voice their concern with HVS and to make it vocal that NRS should never hire them again and that they should seriously consider replacing them if they cannot achieve parity on the PC. If they have a "kind of sort of" solution and it doesn't work across varying processor/graphics cards setups then its time to admit defeat and that this company who has a track record of failing should not be trusted any further with this title.