What's new

General/Other - Unbreakable Unbreakable/Cyro confirmed buffs.

loogie

Noob
I would like Unbreakable to get...

- Faster recovery for parrying a projectile and possibly build more meter if you successfully parry one.
- Faster startup for ex parry so that gaps can be parried.
- Make it so that parry freezes jumping attacks (no need for shatter then)
- Give some other property to aura. Maybe increased damage for sub while active.
the parry does parry some aerial attacks, but not others. but these are restricted to some specials, e.g. Mileena tele kick but not Quan sky drop / Scorp air tele but not Ermac air tele... this has to be fixed

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
I would like Unbreakable to get...

- Faster recovery for parrying a projectile and possibly build more meter if you successfully parry one.
- Faster startup for ex parry so that gaps can be parried.
- Make it so that parry freezes jumping attacks (no need for shatter then)
- Give some other property to aura. Maybe increased damage for sub while active.
First 2 are great suggestions.

I disagree with the other 2. Unbreakable is supposed to be a defensive variation so the damage buff kindda doesn't make sense, especially since you get reduced damage with EX aura.

Regarding parrying air attacks, I don't think Paulo will give us that for free lol. I'm afraid he'll take out the ability to parry lows if gives us that, which would completely kill the variation for me. 90% of my parries are poke parries.

Also I don't really have a problem with AAs, and parrying air-attacks wouldn't be as easy as it sounds. People might start doing empty jump ins and that will blow up your parry attempts really bad.

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
Yeah I thought ice ball run cancels would be a thing too, but only in Cryomancer. And I still think a successful parry should be met with some kind of damage incentive.

The ability to refreeze (x ray parry already has this) after parry freeze. Or make it 1 frame and have it scale harder. Or have it scale normally unless aura is active. There are 1,000 things NRS could do with this and aura to make them scary.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
First 2 are great suggestions.

I disagree with the other 2. Unbreakable is supposed to be a defensive variation so the damage buff kindda doesn't make sense, especially since you get reduced damage with EX aura.

Regarding parrying air attacks, I don't think Paulo will give us that for free lol. I'm afraid he'll take out the ability to parry lows if gives us that, which would completely kill the variation for me. 90% of my parries are poke parries.

Also I don't really have a problem with AAs, and parrying air-attacks wouldn't be as easy as it sounds. People might start doing empty jump ins and that will blow up your parry attempts really bad.
You just told why parrying air attacks wouldn't be free with your last sentence here. lol ... but yeah, I wouldn't want low parries removed. How would parrying air attacks be any different than, say, Kung Lao's spin? Hits all attacks trying to hit him when he spins and grants full combo... why is it wrong for sub to have that especially in a defensive variation?

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
Yeah I want that for cryo subzero so bad I hope it happens I've been wanting that since day one would help his meter building.

As for unbreakable.How about when he has ice aura active when he does parry it parrys jump ins

ColdSpine

"I wore those colors before you"
ive never really understood why cant we parry jips using the ex version, i mean im spending a meter after all right?

and if my opponent does an empty jump then he can punish me easily since it has a long recovery, kinda seems balanced to me.

Braindead

You just told why parrying air attacks wouldn't be free with your last sentence here. lol ... but yeah, I wouldn't want low parries removed. How would parrying air attacks be any different than, say, Kung Lao's spin? Hits all attacks trying to hit him when he spins and grants full combo... why is it wrong for sub to have that especially in a defensive variation?
I don't know, but I really don't think Paulo will give us the ability to parry air attacks without taking something else out.

If you think about it, if they give the parry the ability to work against air attacks, it means that it parries absolutely everything except xrays and interactables. I don't think there's ever been a parry like that. I think that, on paper, sounds too much, which is why I'm afraid they'll take something out instead.

Braindead

ive never really understood why cant we parry jips using the ex version, i mean im spending a meter after all right?

and if my opponent does an empty jump then he can punish me easily since it has a long recovery, kinda seems balanced to me.
Yeah I thought about this before and it would make sense. EX parry working against air attacks sounds fair.

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
Right now that's basically the MU vs unbreakable, jump in every chance you get because he can't do anything about it. He has less going for him than no variation. If he had a boxing nick name, he'd be Sub "Way Less Than" Zero

Braindead

Right now that's basically the MU vs unbreakable, jump in every chance you get because he can't do anything about it. He has less going for him than no variation. If he had a boxing nick name, he'd be Sub "Way Less Than" Zero
That's just flat out wrong. I've said it before and will say it for the last time hopefully, unbreakable is no way near free to jump attacks. You have a lot of options.

ColdSpine

"I wore those colors before you"
The concept of ice shield is great since it can be used offensively and defensively.

Too bad jumpers make it harder to get a good read while your working so hard to get that 30%

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I don't know, but I really don't think Paulo will give us the ability to parry air attacks without taking something else out.

If you think about it, if they give the parry the ability to work against air attacks, it means that it parries absolutely everything except xrays and interactables. I don't think there's ever been a parry like that. I think that, on paper, sounds too much, which is why I'm afraid they'll take something out instead.
So does spin. :p

But I will concede and take ex parry working against jumps.

Now he'd need way better meter build cause right now... he sucks at it. I don't have a problem building meter in grandmaster b/c I can clone all day and then throw it for chip + meter build. What does unbreakable do to build meter...?

loogie

Noob

didn't Cyber Sub have a parry that parried aerial attacks? yes, it was one hit and didn't freeze opponent for a juggle but the move did exist

Braindead

So does spin. :p

But I will concede and take ex parry working against jumps.

Now he'd need way better meter build cause right now... he sucks at it. I don't have a problem building meter in grandmaster b/c I can clone all day and then throw it for chip + meter build. What does unbreakable do to build meter...?
Spin doesn't work against projectiles though.

Regarding the meter building, I do a lot of full screen ice balls, and up close I do F33 a lot. Starts in 9f, -4 on block. Gives you the ability to blow up counter pokes with ex parry, or you can just back dash. Does decent damage and sweet corner carry if it hits.

But there's still a problem, which I think is the only problem Unbreakable has, and it's resulted in buff idea for him; the opponent's meter. That's the only problem with unbreakable for me personally. Unbreakable is designed to block a lot, and that always gives the opponent a shit ton of meter. A lot of times when I open up my opponent they have meter to break, especially if you're playing against a good zoner, which is tiring because you inch your way in and when you get to them they break and you have to do it again.

The buff I want for unbreakable is, when Aura is active, the opponent builds 40 or 50% less meter when Subzero blocks a move. IMO that would be reeeallly good. And for EX Aura, the opponent doesn't build meter at all when Subby blocks.

The projectile parry instant recovery buff has the same goal as my buff suggestion, so I would take either of them.

Braindead

didn't Cyber Sub have a parry that parried aerial attacks? yes, it was one hit and didn't freeze opponent for a juggle but the move did exist
His parry didn't work against lows though did it? I don't remember exactly but I don't think it did.
Also didn't work against projectiles.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Spin doesn't work against projectiles though.

Regarding the meter building, I do a lot of full screen ice balls, and up close I do F33 a lot. Starts in 9f, -4 on block. Gives you the ability to blow up counter pokes with ex parry, or you can just back dash. Does decent damage and sweet corner carry if it hits.

But there's still a problem, which I think is the only problem Unbreakable has, and it's resulted in buff idea for him; the opponent's meter. That's the only problem with unbreakable for me personally. Unbreakable is designed to block a lot, and that always gives the opponent a shit ton of meter. A lot of times when I open up my opponent they have meter to break, especially if you're playing against a good zoner, which is tiring because you inch your way in and when you get to them they break and you have to do it again.

The buff I want for unbreakable is, when Aura is active, the opponent builds 40 or 50% less meter when Subzero blocks a move. IMO that would be reeeallly good. And for EX Aura, the opponent doesn't build meter at all when Subby blocks.

The projectile parry instant recovery buff has the same goal as my buff suggestion, so I would take either of them.
Ohhh, I really like that aura idea! I change my buff aura properties to this idea! haha

Would help out sub zero a TON

Braindead

b4? and then do what exactly?
I don't know about b4, never tried it. I generally don't like that move because it's too slow and too unsafe on block.

Standing 1 works against a lot of jump ins, especially far ones, and works reallllly well against cross overs.

D4 is also a really good move, it low profiles the jump attacks, and has a LONG active duration, which means it will stay on the ground for a while and catch the opponent and trip guard them, and it leaves you are around +20, so you get to do a run cancel into whatever you want.

Or if you just don't want to deal with anything, slide on reaction and get the hell away from the opponent.

OFC with all this you can also work on your spacing and trip guard your opponent with b2 or b33 or whatever.

Just saying, he has a lot of options and is far from being free to jump ins, and people make it sound like if someone jumped at you you're going to have to eat the 50/50 or whatever.

Braindead

Ohhh, I really like that aura idea! I change my buff aura properties to this idea! haha

Would help out sub zero a TON
Lol yeah. The EX Aura building no meter at all might be too much, since it already takes no chip and 40% less damage. But regular Aura building 40% less meter sounds good to me. NRS usually likes to dual meter with health, like how Kotal's sun boost builds him meter and the EX version generates health. So EX Aura taking 40% less damage, while regular building 40% less meter sounds like a reasonable idea to me.

loogie

Noob
His parry didn't work against lows though did it? I don't remember exactly but I don't think it did.
Also didn't work against projectiles.
No it didn't
I was just pointing out that there are parries that work for air attacks
If you go out of MK, in KI there's Hisako who can parry all: high, low, aerial... So it's not like it was never ever given to a FG character before

loogie

Noob
I don't know about b4, never tried it. I generally don't like that move because it's too slow and too unsafe on block.

Standing 1 works against a lot of jump ins, especially far ones, and works reallllly well against cross overs.

D4 is also a really good move, it low profiles the jump attacks, and has a LONG active duration, which means it will stay on the ground for a while and catch the opponent and trip guard them, and it leaves you are around +20, so you get to do a run cancel into whatever you want.

Or if you just don't want to deal with anything, slide on reaction and get the hell away from the opponent.

OFC with all this you can also work on your spacing and trip guard your opponent with b2 or b33 or whatever.

Just saying, he has a lot of options and is far from being free to jump ins, and people make it sound like if someone jumped at you you're going to have to eat the 50/50 or whatever.
Work on my spacing... We aren't discussing trip guard options here, anti air is what's it about.
B33 for trip guard? I don't think you can use that consistently or effectively- the range on the b3 isn't great.

Now coming back to anti airing with Sub, jump kicks blow up every option you mentioned.
S1 on crossup is vgood but again jump kick blows it up.
Anti airing is weak in mkx unless you use meter, e.g. Ex ground pound