What's new

General/Other - Unbreakable Unbreakable/Cyro confirmed buffs.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
@Braindead
I think Unbreakable's buff is that when he activates aura he gains Cyro's weapons and that his armor becomes unbreakable(kinda shitty but it sounds like that's the case).
Lol nah I don't think so. The Aura is more or less free, it doesn't cost anything and you can activate it almost freely, and has no cooldown. Might as well give him the weapons at all times.

Also I don't understand what you mean by his armor is unbreakable?

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
Lol nah I don't think so. The Aura is more or less free, it doesn't cost anything and you can activate it almost freely, and has no cooldown. Might as well give him the weapons at all times.

Also I don't understand what you mean by his armor is unbreakable?
When he does a move like Ex hammer you won't be able break it with moves like Liu kang's b1, not really all that useful but that's what I see happening to him when I saw 16bit's tweet. We'll see on monday anyways.

Braindead

When he does a move like Ex hammer you won't be able break it with moves like Liu kang's b1, not really all that useful but that's what I see happening to him when I saw 16bit's tweet. We'll see on monday anyways.
Actually that would be useful. It would become a good wakeup attack. It's too slow and can be broken easily on wakeup now.

Samsara

Resident Cynic
@Braindead
I think Unbreakable's buff is that when he activates aura he gains Cyro's weapons and that his armor becomes unbreakable(kinda shitty but it sounds like that's the case).
That sounds most intriguing, possibly very likely---- but if they can't buff Unbreakable without defaulting to Cryo than I'll be dismayed.

Lokheit

Noob
What I want here:

- Cold Blooded as a special move (it happened before with Quan Chi Warlock portal), so you can connect it from any starter and also gain meter. 2 points damage reduction to compensate being ablo to connect from B12. EX version is plus on hit.

- Air Hammer as a low, plus on block, to work like other ground pounds and add assault advantage.

- Cryo F122 leaving your opponent at the correct height to connect a B2 without either sending him on the opposite direction or too low because you waited too much to avoid sending him into the opposite direction... just to make it a reliable string instead of a complete "nope".

- Unbreakable Parry holdable and cancelable. This alone makes the variation great because if they armor a block string you freeze them and if they don't you keep pressure.

- B33 ONLY connecting in the corner against everyone. "Nerf" to compensate for the other changes and make it universal so we can clearly know how to properly balance the character.

Last edited:

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
Actually that would be useful. It would become a good wakeup attack. It's too slow and can be broken easily on wakeup now.
Only useful if he in-fact does get the hammer, maybe they're just talking about his normals like D2 or (F42) grab, and lmao at + on block Ground pound.

Also I quoted this yesterday, not sure why it didn't post.

loogie

Noob
An armored, plus on block launcher? Lol no man.
how different is it from having ex hammer being plus on block? which some have been asking for ... ex hammer dishes out 33% from a raw launch

also, even if ex ground pound launches. in the other variations at least, non Cryo, max he will dish out is 19% from a RC into f42 slide.

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
how different is it from having ex hammer being plus on block? which some have been asking for ... ex hammer dishes out 33% from a raw launch

also, even if ex ground pound launches. in the other variations at least, non Cryo, max he will dish out is 19% from a RC into f42 slide.
Because Ex Hammer starts up in a lovely 28 frames, while Ex burst is only 15 frames.

Braindead

EX Hammer is -9 on block...........

EDIT: Nvm I misread that. I haven't seen anyone asking EX hammer to be plus on block, that's wrong as well. You just shouldn't have an armored, plus on block launcher. That's just wrong.

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
You don't suppose they're giving Unbreakable all of Cryomancer's hammer abilities and making a whole new Cryomancer variation with Ice Shower, Ice Puddle, sword/ dagger strings, and a sword NJP... No, they wouldn't do that, would they
I seriously doubt that, but it's a pretty cool idea nonetheless.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
You don't suppose they're giving Unbreakable all of Cryomancer's hammer abilities and making a whole new Cryomancer variation with Ice Shower, Ice Puddle, sword/ dagger strings, and a sword NJP... No, they wouldn't do that, would they
He has one Hammer related ability worth using. And even it is pretty mediocre. Unbreakable would still suck hard after that change

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
So for real though... Why isn't the 3rd hit of Cryo 111 not OH yet
Considering 114 is completely unsafe and it doesn't lead to anything, not even a hard knockdown, 111 should be overhead, or at least combo a normal ice ball.

It doesn't even combo into a MB Hammer...pointless.

Unbreakable and Cryo were my first variations, and as much as I love Sub Zero, he reminded me instantly of playing Cyber Sub Zero...not well rounded and nothing really fell into itself properly.

UsedForGlue

good thing ive been messing with unbreakable since day 1, I love investing time in low tier chars and having them buffed into playability
Yes, If Sub Zero gets viable buffs, il be able to walk straight back into Unbreakable and Cryo and the only learning curve will be the new stuff.

UsedForGlue

No they would either respect the d4, or the 5050, you'd be able to backdash/armour anything other than d4 in that hypothetical situation.
Exactly.

If you respect the D4, you are also respecting the B33, either way you will block them.
And like you said, if you think a B2 is coming, you can armour move or back dash will beat both.

Also, his b2 can be seen and reacted too, especially after a known set up where his grab would be plus, you will have time to set yourself. And what people have to realise is, Foxy made me hate B2, because he can actually see it, and would full punish me 100% of the time, something he didn't do against @Madzin , nor did he use Buzzsaw, which is something I played against about 50 times a day, hence the reason I dropped Sub Zero, so this Sub Zero 50/50 thing, for me, isn't a true 50/50.

All hypothetical, but I honestly can't wait to see what happens with cold blooded.

UsedForGlue

Lol could you imagine though? Cryo njp swings sword, Unbreakable njp swings hammer, and GM njp swings a full body clone of himself.
Cryo should have an Erron Black Sword NJP. Again something I have never understood. Weapon specific variation for two characters, but only one of them gets the difference.

UsedForGlue

@Braindead
16bit was a bit cryptic with his post. But I think he just tried to put the word Unbreakable in there to reference both Variations getting buffed.

UsedForGlue

He has one Hammer related ability worth using. And even it is pretty mediocre. Unbreakable would still suck hard after that change
I don't know, if Unbreakable had armoured hammers...plus, Cryomancer was doing 39% for a bar from B12...

The issue with unbreakable was the projectile parry not working properly, so he could be turtle out and the opponent could build a ton of meter, then break when he got in, and even if they didn't, he would only do 30% (From a JIP).

Also, he has now strings that bait a parry, and even if you use B12, it's -6 (Because of Grand Master) with the parry being 5 frames it makes it mental to parry.

Hi,

From reading a tweet from @16 Bit we can begin to lose our shit at what might be coming for Sub Zero on mondays patch stream (and I can only assume Monday night patch), in particular Unbreakable, but defiantly Cryomancer.

Of course it is very vague, but it something to read into.

"Sub Zero's Cryomancer weapons are Unbreakable".

So, this could mean that the Hammer, D2, F12, and possibly F42 Grab could all be looked at it, but 16 bit only mentions Unbreakable, so the fact that the variation name is in there, means there is an excellent chance that some buffs are coming to both variations.

Speculate below.

@Tom Brady @C88 Zombieekiler @Madzin @Every sub ever.

Can someone tag Taco?
I'm assuming the ice sword in cryo combos will be added to unbreakable, so it has those combos too.

UsedForGlue

I'm assuming the ice sword in cryo combos will be added to unbreakable, so it has those combos too.
I don't know, that would mean a whole new variation for Sub zero, which hasn't been done for any character yet, so it would be a stretch. But to be honest, I wouldn't complain.