What's new

General/Other - Unbreakable Unbreakable/Cyro confirmed buffs.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Hi,

From reading a tweet from @16 Bit we can begin to lose our shit at what might be coming for Sub Zero on mondays patch stream (and I can only assume Monday night patch), in particular Unbreakable, but defiantly Cryomancer.

Of course it is very vague, but it something to read into.

"Sub Zero's Cryomancer weapons are Unbreakable".

So, this could mean that the Hammer, D2, F12, and possibly F42 Grab could all be looked at it, but 16 bit only mentions Unbreakable, so the fact that the variation name is in there, means there is an excellent chance that some buffs are coming to both variations.

Speculate below.

@Tom Brady @C88 Zombieekiler @Madzin @Every sub ever.

Can someone tag Taco?

Last edited:

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
We've kindda discussed it already in the other thread.

I think hammer may be unbreakable now so we have larger unbreakable combos. But the hashtag 16bit used #rushdownsub might indicate cancellable hammer.

1-frame parry inbound?
This would make it unbelievably good.

UsedForGlue

Here is what I am guessing for Cyro.

He mentioned Weapons in the tweet, so that means F12, F12B1, D2, Hammer, Air Hammer, 111 and F42 Grab are all up debate.

REGULAR HAMMER:
What he needs the most is the regular hammer to chain properly without a gap from certain strings, F4, F42, B12 etc, if this happens, I honestly can't say this his MB hammer should be as safe as it is, considering it is only safe vs certain characters, it would be difficult to speculate on, too many ways that can go.

F42 GRAB:
The only thing that makes sense is if his grab on hit allows advantage for another string, this will be game changing. Although, I am not sure if NRS even thought about giving this grab a MB option and allow sub zero to extend combos from it. If this gets buffed in any way, it will change his AA game, by using standing 1 and finishing with this.

D2: This surly must be faster on start up, totally useless at the minute, and considering jump ins are so strong, it is crazy to think about scouting a jump in and using D2.

F12B1: This might possibly be safe, or have F12 + on block, something has to give with this string.

UsedForGlue

Hope Unbreakable gets Ice burst, less recovery frames on parry and something to make aura more unique.
He needs the parry to recover instantly on fireball parries.

Also, cancelling from strings should be +, and the MB version should give him a damage boost.

Nobody really knows, this is all pointlessly exciting speculation, and I just want to see how much I get right or wrong.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
If anybody had a parry that started up in like 1 - 4 frames then I'd totally play them. Every gap, for every character would get rekt so hard. Sooooo haard mmm

Braindead

If anybody had a parry that started up in like 1 - 4 frames then I'd totally play them. Every gap, for every character would get rekt so hard. Sooooo haard mmm
Unbreakable's ex parry is 3 frames.

It can't blow up all gaps. A lot of the string gaps in the game are like 1f gaps.

Braindead

Here is what I am guessing for Cyro.

He mentioned Weapons in the tweet, so that means F12, F12B1, D2, Hammer, Air Hammer, 111 and F42 Grab are all up debate.

REGULAR HAMMER:
What he needs the most is the regular hammer to chain properly without a gap from certain strings, F4, F42, B12 etc, if this happens, I honestly can't say this his MB hammer should be as safe as it is, considering it is only safe vs certain characters, it would be difficult to speculate on, too many ways that can go.

F42 GRAB:
The only thing that makes sense is if his grab on hit allows advantage for another string, this will be game changing. Although, I am not sure if NRS even thought about giving this grab a MB option and allow sub zero to extend combos from it. If this gets buffed in any way, it will change his AA game, by using standing 1 and finishing with this.

D2: This surly must be faster on start up, totally useless at the minute, and considering jump ins are so strong, it is crazy to think about scouting a jump in and using D2.

F12B1: This might possibly be safe, or have F12 + on block, something has to give with this string.
Regular hammer already chains without gaps from F4.

F42grab guaranteeing another string would be way too much. WAY too much. Look at how Bone Shaper is now, imagine if he did 39% instead of 30% into another guaranteed string.

Also his AA combo from standing 1 into F42Grab is already 25%, no need for more really.

Aaaand F122 not F12b1 lol

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
He needs the parry to recover instantly on fireball parries.

Also, cancelling from strings should be +, and the MB version should give him a damage boost.

Nobody really knows, this is all pointlessly exciting speculation, and I just want to see how much I get right or wrong.
Theese changes would make me start playing this game once again. Unbreakable would be THE character for me then.

SEV

Noob
My guess is that he will gain cancel properties on something, most likely his ice hammer, that will be plus enough to give Sub-Zero a guaranteed option due to the rush down clue. There could be a gap, though, since he does have a parry and the mix up could be either more pressure or a parry to punish a reversal, but my guess is the former because I'm reading the unbreakable part of the hint as meaning it wouldn't have a gap.

UsedForGlue

Regular hammer already chains without gaps from F4.

F42grab guaranteeing another string would be way too much. WAY too much. Look at how Bone Shaper is now, imagine if he did 39% instead of 30% into another guaranteed string.
I was saying since day 1 that his grab should be +11 on hit, so you can back dash a 50/50.

And even if sub zero could get a follow up, what would he do? Throw, a low that requires a bar to be safe, a b2 that is full punishable? He wouldn't be guaranteed anything, every follow up would be a read or condition.

Regular hammer only chains from F4, but it's not enough. It literally can't be used other than that.

Last edited:

UsedForGlue

My guess is that he will gain cancel properties on something, most likely his ice hammer, that will be plus enough to give Sub-Zero a guaranteed option. There could be a gap, though, since he does have a parry and the mix up could be either more pressure or a parry to punish a reversal, but my guess is the former because I'm reading the unbreakable part of the hint as meaning it wouldn't have a gap.
Cancels on the hammer could be a thing, but unless he has guaranteed block strings with the hammer the cancel won't mean anything.

The parry isn't in Cryomancer.

Braindead

I was saying since day 1 that his grab should be +11 on hit, so you can back dash a 50/50.

And even if sub zero could get a follow up, what would he do? Throw, a low that requires a bar to be safe, a b2 that is full punishable?

Regular hammer only chains from F4, but it's not enough. It literally can't be used other than that.
Well if it was +11 the opponent has to respect your d4, so they'll have to respect the 50/50 anyway.

And yeah a 39% combo into a 50/50 or throw would be too much to be honest.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!

And even if sub zero could get a follow up, what would he do? Throw, a low that requires a bar to be safe, a b2 that is full punishable?

Not a Sub player so take this with a pinch of salt, but my idea for that string would be to make it special cancellable with a 23 frame window so that he can combo into slide/EX iceball. That way, you can Slide if you want a hard knockdown with advantage, if you want a restand AND advantage, he has to cough up meter. Thoughts?