What's new

(un)Official MKX Baraka General Discussion thread

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
And there is literally no way you can prove that is Baraka and not some random Tarkatan.
Despite the fact that we see the generic Tarkatan design in the trailer and they're clearly far less detailed that Baraka.

Also there are three faction Achievements.

Why would a cameo be on a faction achievement? Why would every character in the achievement pictures be playable but this one?

He's on a faction achievement? So fucking what, guess who else is on faction achievements? Shinnok and Subzero, Shinnok being also on an achievement related to switching factions.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
It could be Baraka, or it couldn't. We'll see in a month. However, wasn't it stated somewhere that some NPC characters would be featured in battles, but would ultimately be unplayable?

I league Baraka in the same category as Sindel: Featured in the game, but not part of the initial roster. What this does mean is that they both have VERY good chances of being DLC.

xWildx

Sindel is just her MK9 model. Baraka's model is all new.
It has clearly been updated from being "just her MK9" model and has several new features such as the fishnets on her arms. Not to mention how that is completely irrelevant, seeing as multiple characters have been shown to have past or updated versions of old costumes.

Mulder

King of Heroes
It has clearly been updated from being "just her MK9" model and has several new features such as the fishnets on her arms. Not to mention how that is completely irrelevant, seeing as multiple characters have been shown to have past or updated versions of old costumes.
And how many are NPCs? Also wow she now has fishnets added...big change there. :DOGE

Mulder

King of Heroes
I'm going to go out on a limb and assume you think Rain is playable as well, then?
He hasn't been confirmed for either, and therefore can go either way. You have no evidence besides a GameFAQs leak, and I don't have any beyond his model being detailed.

xWildx

He hasn't been confirmed for either, and therefore can go either way. You have no evidence besides a GameFAQs leak, and I don't have any beyond his model being detailed.
I suppose we'll just have to wait and see then. As I said, I don't NOT want Baraka, I just don't seem him making the initial roster.

The Ultimate

aka CommandThrower
As a Baraka main from MK9, this news is getting me cautiously hyped. Cautiously, because there are no other details yet aside from this picture.

I posted some fan-variations for him in another thread, so I may have to post them later.

Shania Twain

That Don't Impress Me Much
From what I've seen, all the characters that are seen in story mode scenes, IE Sindel, Rain, Fuijin, etc. are all more than just simple old outfits with added decorations. They are also in videos posted to the mass public as promotion for the game on a more mass casual gamer level. that kinda leads me to believe they have got to be playable. They just have no reason to sell them to the public as they are not generic looking like cassie cage, jaqui briggs, kung jin. etc. Anyways...they still could not be fightable or playable but it would be an absolute travesty and waste of time IMO as the story mode is general a mode played in less than a day and not the meat and bones of the game.

Quancheese

Shinnok Aggressor
Just focus on the image. I'm sorry but I smell NPC harder here than anything. His hands are soft and smooth like artists didn't even add textures or nuance to his skin, highly indicative of an NPC. Baraka doesn't have cheek spikes, and I don't see his signature metal blades anywhere as the image shows just standard Tarkatan bones/stubs. And for the jump ship achievement , he jumps ship and try's to fight you once you win a match with conditions just like the secret fights in mk9. They will make this npc tarkatan tough as balls tho to kill I'm betting

Quancheese

Shinnok Aggressor
His hands for christs sake! They look like zatanas ass cheeks or some injustice texture pallette swap all soft , un refined and odd looking. This is not the baraka I came to love . That is an Impostor