What's new

(un)Official MKX Baraka General Discussion thread

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
No it's not. Baraka does not have spikes coming out of his face ever. His teeth are different, and he's not wearing the traditional vestige accustomed to a Tarkatan General. Quit getting your hopes up plebs he ain't in.
It could very well be a new tarkatan character, but I doubt it. A lot of the classic characters have gotten a redesign this game(Ermac comes to mind) and that could very well be only one of his skins(the other being his traditional armor).

JLU51306

Bzzzt *Paging Doctor Fate*
No it's not. Baraka does not have spikes coming out of his face ever. His teeth are different, and he's not wearing the traditional vestige accustomed to a Tarkatan General. Quit getting your hopes up plebs he ain't in.
I'm gonna guess that if he is playable, the extra spikage is something related to a certain variation. Not to mention he's dressed similar to Deception, where he was a Tarkatan General...

EVB SomeCubanGuy

*Hissssssssssss*
It could very well be a new tarkatan character, but I doubt it. A lot of the classic characters have gotten a redesign this game(Ermac comes to mind) and that could very well be only one of his skins(the other being his traditional armor).
Spikes coming out of his face? An outfit that looks like he's just a random grunt? If it IS Baraka, it's a shitty redesign.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Spikes coming out of his face? An outfit that looks like he's just a random grunt? If it IS Baraka, it's a shitty redesign.
I won't argue, as he obviously isn't confirmed or anything.

However, I am going to continue to believe he is in, until proven 100% wrong. :)

ZeZe

The smart stuff!
Well, sorta figured this game would lack something essential without at least one Tarkatan warrrrrioaaarrr!

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
In all seriousness, have you thought that maybe, just maybe, the extra spikes on his arms and face could be a variation cosmetic?

Kitana doesn't usually walk around without a mask either.

Brutal Chimney

vaporus punching bag
People seem to be under the impression that only the popular characters are getting in.

I understand he's bound to get this treatment from his "mook" status and appearance still the amount of backlash he's getting is pretty ridiculous.

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
It's pretty damn obvious this is Baraka when we saw a Taraktan with his blades out and wearing this exact garb in the story trailer. All of the others were wearing a different outfit, with no bones on their face and less detail. And then he's in the achievement list along with a bunch of other characters.

Montanx

Thats why they call this thing bloodsport, kid.
I won't argue, as he obviously isn't confirmed or anything.

However, I am going to continue to believe he is in, until proven 100% wrong. :)
This is fair. I mean there's a picture of the MOFO! It's just that this mudder happens to have a bunch of other mudders that look like him.

What we need is a leak of the select screen. Until then it's gonna be frustrating.