What's new

(un)Official MKX Baraka General Discussion thread

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Really? I've seen 3.5-6.5 sometimes but never anything like 3.2-6.8. Doesn't matter, it gave me a good laugh anyway.
I'm trying to find it, it was a spreadsheet but I'm having troubles finding it haha. It's definitely not the norm, I think. I'm not a SF buff though :p

What exactly was Baraka's style in 9 anyways? I always heard he was trash tier and could never really figure out what to do with him personally

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
What exactly was Baraka's style in 9 anyways? I always heard he was trash tier and could never really figure out what to do with him personally
Was mainly a footsie character who tried to get characters to the corner(his corner game was the best thing about him, IMO). Spacing out maximum blade charges, using his D4 to frustrate people, and slowly pushing them to the corner where he could proceed to do all sorts of resets and shenanigans.

That was how I played him anyway. Truth is he was pretty bad and had a lot of flaws that prevented him from playing like what I described above.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Was mainly a footsie character who tried to get characters to the corner(his corner game was the best thing about him, IMO). Spacing out maximum blade charges, using his D4 to frustrate people, and slowly pushing them to the corner where he could proceed to do all sorts of resets and shenanigans.

That was how I played him anyway. Truth is he was pretty bad and had a lot of flaws that prevented him from playing like what I described above.
dont forget all those mad plus frames, +11 sweeps yo!

his first variation should be smoke, the second should be cyber smoke, and then the third variation should be smoke with baraka blades

Brutal Chimney

vaporus punching bag
ITT: people grasping at straws for Baraka's inclusion.
grasping at straws? the only thing missing from that pic is the hud. im not going to say hes for sure in but i will question the intelligence of the people who are completely convinced he isn't in when most of the evidence has gone towards his inclusion.

Doctor Future

Baraka Lives!
Baraka should be in, I mean honestly he deserves a spot just as much as the next character.

He's been in pretty much every MK game since MK2.

He has a legacy.

Granted it may not be the best one.

With the potential of the variations he can finally get his just due.

Now is the time for us REAL BARAKA FANS to unite and stand up for him!

He NEEDS to be in MKX!

Montanx

Thats why they call this thing bloodsport, kid.
grasping at straws? the only thing missing from that pic is the hud. im not going to say hes for sure in but i will question the intelligence of the people who are completely convinced he isn't in when most of the evidence has gone towards his inclusion.
The argument against him is the leak wich is 1 Liu Kang away from being 100% correct. If we were just going in blind with no rumors or anything then yes I'd say you'd have to lean towards his inclusion based on the pic.

ShaolinChuan

LEARN FROM THIS
Yeah that's definitely not Baraka...

....It's definitely Smoke. That looks like Smoke to me. Doesn't even resemble a tarkatan. :joker:

Brutal Chimney

vaporus punching bag
The argument against him is the leak wich is 1 Liu Kang away from being 100% correct. If we were just going in blind with no rumors or anything then yes I'd say you'd have to lean towards his inclusion based on the pic.
god i cant wait for that leak to be proven false, its a combination of what we've seen in the comics/trailers, plus a family formula. most of it i had already guessed of before hand, nothing shown so far has really surprised me.

I didn't mean EVERYBODY :) If you go back and read some of the posts, there are people who are 100% convinced that hes in the game now. Because of this one achievement picture. The achievement picture is promising to say the least, but means nothing overall.

Some of these posts suggest that he is 100% confirmed, even going as far as to repost that blurry ass distant picture that WE KNOW is Baraka, right? Nevermind that all tarkatans look exactly the same, that he wasn't in the leaked list (say what you will about it, but it hasn't been wrong yet.), and that Baraka is known to "jump ship" (his achievement) throughout the series.

In short, I agree with you. And you agree with me. So..... yeah.

Hehateme

Noob
Well the tarkatans in the who's next trailer where all wearing the same outfit except for one so that's probably Baraka and we're getting a better look at him here.
Maybe he owns the boat in the Kove and he's a pirate captain now. :p

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
While him being playable(I think he is, personally) or not is up for debate, that is clearly fucking Baraka.

He's more defined and isn't dressed like the Tarkatan grunts we've seen in the trailers.

Baraka wears two types of clothing, a white gi with pants, or odd looking Samurai-esque armor with red and dark grey.

That is how Baraka dressed in the 3D era in just about all of his appearances, even in MKvDC, with varying design changes.

NY-Shadow

TestYourMight SUCKS
I do hope Baraka is in the new game. I grew to like him in MK9 because of his cool style of fighting and moves. In contrary to what some people may think that Baraka is not that good or popular of a candidate for variations is completely false. Just as Mileena, which is less dynamic, variation wise, than many other potential characters, Baraka can really shine in this new game. He has the ability to have an in-your-face-short-blades rushdown variation, a zoning projectile variation and a classic balanced variation. They need to put Baraka in this new game because he is one of the visually unique characters to the Mortal Kombat world, just like Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Noob Saibot, Sonya Blade, and Kitana are. The major concern I have, as I was one of the first here at test your might to bring it up-the subject of balancing (3x30+ = 90+ characters) for NRS to balance when they have such difficulty balancing 30 characters in a basic numbered roster game. JOHN EDWARDS came out clean now and said it himself that NRS is experiencing much difficulty balancing the 90 plus characters. So aside from MKX having great visuals, new and interesting gameplay and options, I'm afraid due to its venturing into new waters with this unprecedented variations thing, MKX will be NRS greatest failure to date.

Last edited:

Mulder

King of Heroes
I do hope Baraka is in the new game. I grew to like him in MK9 because of his cool style of fighting and moves. In contrary to what some people may think that Baraka is not that good or popular of a candidate for variations is completely false. Just as Mileena, which is less dynamic, variation wise, than many other potential characters, Baraka can really shine in this new game. He has the ability to have an in-your-face-short-blades rushdown variation, a zoning projectile variation and a classic balanced variation. They need to put Baraka in this new game because he is one of the visually unique characters to the Mortal Kombat world, just like Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Noob Saibot, Sonya Blade, and Kitana are. The major concern I have, as I was one of the first here at test your might to bring it up-the subject of balancing (3x30+ = 90+ characters) for NRS to balance when they have such difficulty balancing 30 characters in a basic numbered roster game. JOHN EDWARDS came out clean now and said it himself that NRS is experiencing much difficulty balancing the 90 plus characters. So aside from MKX having great visuals, new and interesting gameplay and options, I'm afraid due to its venturing into new waters with this unprecedented variations thing, MKX will be NRS greatest failure to date.
:rolleyes:

Kidigital

@KdashDigital/Raiko Digital
If I was a betting man i would assume the tarkatan was in the game. Not as dlc because i feel like NR knows he isn't THAT popular of a character but initially? Yeah, considering the evidence. It's not like that whole fujin nonsense with mk9. As long as he can still spin to win I'm gucci.

n9195v

Noob
Possible December Baraka leak? That has since been fixed. Skip to 0:30 for Baraka on IMDB page. It's not there anymore.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Possible December Baraka leak? That has since been fixed. Skip to 0:30 for Baraka on IMDB page. It's not there anymore.
That's old as dirt, we've already been through with the IMDB stuff.

This is the second time you've done something like this, so i'm just going to tell you this like a polite gentleman, if there's anything that seems like news and it's older than ONE day, we've already been over it and thoroughly discussed it and there is more than likely multiple topics open about it.

We find stuff here, we get leaks, and we go through them at an alarming rate and we find it as soon as it happens.