What's new

TYM's Injustice 2 Discussion Thread (Harley Quinn & Deadshot Official Announced)

Status
Not open for further replies.

trufenix

bye felicia
IIRC, Boon had said the same about MKX's roster and that was only bigger than MK9's by just one character.
I would say with variations MKX has a pretty massive cast of playable characters even if they don't all have different names under the lifebar.

If U count every variation as a different character than there's like 87-90 variations I'm not sure of the exact number but yeah so maybe there will be a lot more characters u never know

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Nice so it this just tomorrow or will be shown all 3 days? There's a schedule right? Anyway very pumped!

oaoo94

Owner of HAZARDOUS Gaming
Match Ups have always been a big part of fighting games. But with the introduction of a gear system that alters the character you want to play with how will the affect the MU's in this game?

Will a certain piece of gear make Grodd not get zoned out by some characters as much? Will Batman get something to be able to use in a bad MU to make the MU easier? Things like that.

Discuss.

I predict interactables are still a thing because they are stupid and injustice is stupid. They'll be less stupid and actually make throw teching 1+3 like MKX should have been. They'll have a static dashing distance that isn't cancellable because back will still be block. There won't be a run button. They might have variations, but it's going to suck.
Oh, we got a downer over here. Take a joy pill.

Koor

Hot Gyahbage
Im so glad to see that the Inj 1 characters have kept most if not all of their original normals/specials rather than getting a complete overhaul. If it aint broke dont fix it. Props to NRS.

d3v

SRK
All I want is for them to address how tournaments are supposed to handle gear and levelling. If they don't either give TOs a way to unlock levelled up gear for every player to use, or have a tournament mode with presets, gear is gonna be banned from tournaments - it's the SFxTekken situation all over again.

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
All I want is for them to address how tournaments are supposed to handle gear and levelling. If they don't either give TOs a way to unlock levelled up gear for every player to use, or have a tournament mode with presets, gear is gonna be banned from tournaments - it's the SFxTekken situation all over again.
I guess I could be wrong, but were gems really the downfall of SFxT? Not that it totally sucked pre v.2013? Like I know everyone spams gems, but they were just largely ignored. Supposing that's the case here, what would the problem be? For the record, since NRS has shown that they work pretty close with the competitive community, I have no doubt that this probably came up on Day -2 it was conceived and accounted for.

d3v

SRK
I guess I could be wrong, but were gems really the downfall of SFxT? Not that it totally sucked pre v.2013? Like I know everyone spams gems, but they were just largely ignored. Supposing that's the case here, what would the problem be? For the record, since NRS has shown that they work pretty close with the competitive community, I have no doubt that this probably came up on Day -2 it was conceived and accounted for.
Gems were ignored because they were banned from tournaments .

Before he joined Iron Galaxy to work on DiveKick and Killer Instinct, Keits wrote about this on SRK.

http://shoryuken.com/2011/10/23/why-street-fighter-x-tekkens-gems-could-be-problematic-for-tournaments/

In a perfect world, a fighting game would be ready for tournament play right out of the box. Various companies like to force us to unlock characters and stages, and others even force us to buy DLC characters for each tournament setup to ensure that each player has the same options. Marvel vs Capcom 3 forces us to buy Jill and Shuma and play for a few hours to unlock Akuma, Sentinel, Hsien-Ko, and Taskmaster. BlazBlue Continuum Shift requires us to buy three DLC characters. While this sucks, it remains plainly obvious what a tournament director should do: buy the DLC on each copy of the game so that people can make the selections they want to make. This is inconvenient, but simple.

The issue of gem availability should be a lot more clear now. Sure, I can use my gems and FictionalJames can use his when we play each-other online, but when James comes over to my house, he can only use my gems. When I visit him, I can only use his. When the two of us visit a local tournament, which selection of gems will be available on any given tournament station?

If tournament directors decide to allow gems, they will need to make sure that every console has every gem unlocked. Making a decision to only allow certain gems becomes a slippery slope in which one person’s judgement overrules another’s, so, as far as I’m concerned, this is not an option. Only by allowing either all or no gems can a fair decision be made. Without the ability to turn gems off, tournament directors lose this option. Consequently, deciding to disallow gems forces the tournament audience to play the game in a way which was not intended. If the game needs this kind of alteration in order to be enjoyed by tournament players, wouldn’t the best solution be to just walk away and play a better game? We will certainly have no shortage of choices in 2012. In the next 6 months, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, King of Fighters XIII, Super Street Fighter 4 Version 2012, Soul Calibur V, and Skullgirls will be released. That is a lot of competition, all of which seems to respect the needs of the competitive community.
Taking this in mind, if gear is to be allowed at tournaments, then there needs to be a way for every single bit of gear for every character (at max level) to be available on every console.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Did anyone else notice at 2:19 in the E3 gameplay video (the interview video), Batman is being combo'd by Grodd, and then he "flashes" and flips out of the combo mid-string? We see that "flash" effect before and afterwards, so I think it's just an effect from Grodd's moves. But Batman definitely flips out mid-combo, and even punishes Grodd with a sliding kick.

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
Did anyone else notice at 2:19 in the E3 gameplay video (the interview video), Batman is being combo'd by Grodd, and then he "flashes" and flips out of the combo mid-string? We see that "flash" effect before and afterwards, so I think it's just an effect from Grodd's moves. But Batman definitely flips out mid-combo, and even punishes Grodd with a sliding kick.

I don't think it was a punish, more like dumb AI I think. As far as the other stuff, I'm almost 100% positive you can use a meter (or two) to pop out of combos. You'll notice this same effect thru out the trailer when characters are meter burning moves.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I don't think it was a punish, more like dumb AI I think. As far as the other stuff, I'm almost 100% positive you can use a meter (or two) to pop out of combos. You'll notice this same effect thru out the trailer when characters are meter burning moves.
I dunno, you can see Batman pop out mjd-combo, while Grodd is still swinging away. It looks like Grodd might have recovered fast enough to block that particular attack, but it's hard to tell. Either way, if you can use meter to basically emulate Aquaman's trait and punish your opponent while they're still in recovery, that's a game-changer. Surely that's not what's happening here.

Vithar

Evil but Honest!
Are items / stats changes for characters gonna be allowed in Tournaments?
If yes , are they gonna provide consoles with every item unlocked so people can customize their characters?
What do you think guys?

Imo, all they have shown and talked about seems to be all about online. Hoping we get more info about the offline mode from the upcoming gamespot interview. :)

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
The stupid get up really fast and then fall over animation when you beat someone is back.

Game over game is trash throw it away.

Also universal dodge roll KoF style is in. Seems to cost meter.
Saw Super girl, Grodd and Aquaman do it.

The stupid get up really fast and then fall over animation when you beat someone is back.

Game over game is trash throw it away.

Also universal dodge roll KoF style is in. Seems to cost meter.
Saw Super girl, Grodd and Aquaman do it.
What's wrong with you, Lol...

Status
Not open for further replies.