What's new

TYM's Injustice 2 Discussion Thread (Harley Quinn & Deadshot Official Announced)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
We can always hope.

Perfect Legend also said the game is very neutral heavy, walk speed great and solid anti-airs. Several tweets from him.

Sonicfox calling it Streetfighter with strings.
I remember similar being said upon the prerelease of MKX lol. I think it'll be a good game, but I am highly skeptical that it won't have an abundance of 50/50 starters. I hope I'm wrong though.

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
I am struggling with the concept of the armor mechanics and it will be interesting to see how this pans out. I think it may affect the longevity of the game online given that there will be some people who have crazy powerful characters and new people or those that like to play multiple characters will have to use the weaker defaults and get their asses kicked over and over again.

The only way I can see it work is if they have set up rooms where you are physically unable to use your mods. Hopefully they will have enough foresight to make this happen, but I guess we will see. It could be a really fun dynamic though with two higher levelled up players who have dedicated a similar amount of time to their characters.

I am disappointed with the clash system being brought back. It offered nothing to the game in Injustice 1 except for interrupting the flow of the game.

Really though, I did not think Injustice 1 was a particularly amazing fighting game anyway and only played it for a couple of months before getting bored and moving back over to SF4 / MK9. I will buy Injustice 2 if Harley is in it again, but I am not particularly excited over the game at this stage. Hopefully I will be proven wrong.

I think I will be engrossed in SF5 if / when Sakura finally comes out and I am hoping that Dissidia Final Fantasy will come out on PS4 too (though I don’t like my chances) so it will have to compete with that.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
NRS has come a long way since MK9 and it's so satisfying to watch the evolution
I'm REALLY enjoying the little other things @tylerlansdown and crew @ NRS are doing with how the characters hit each other after being selected. Plus, the victory poses, how they slow to a stop. Supergirl's is my favorite so far.

My requests so far:
  • The clash request options that I had
  • Camera needs to ZOOM IN if possible. I don't like how small Supergirl will be in comparison to Atrocitus.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I remember similar being said upon the prerelease of MKX lol. I think it'll be a good game, but I am highly skeptical that it won't have an abundance of 50/50 starters. I hope I'm wrong though.
There's definitely going to be at least two 50/50 high offense characters. I just hope they properly balance him/her out. Less damage, weekend neutral, differing speeds on openers. Something. That's one thing that was missing from mkx. Some characters didn't fill a style or niche. They were just good effective fighting game characters.

Anyone got more info on mechanics? I'm hearing we have clash, some kind of combo stop, kof rolls. What about backdashes or during blockstun. EX or MB moves? Double jumps? Air dashes? I'm dying over here

Gamer68

Fujin!
You know... Where's The Flash? He was shown in the announcement trailer but is no where to be seen after that (the gameplay reveal trailer and the E3 playable build). I'm really surprised to see that he's not in already, especially since he's Ed Boon's favorite DC character.

I'm curious how skins and armor will work together, i'm sure since boon said there are over 1000 pieces in each character's gear thingy that some will look best on an alt skin, of course there's the gear color thing so maybe all the gear will be the same and you can just match the colors on the alt skin, rather than a skin getting specific armor, but who knows?

You know... Where's The Flash? He was shown in the announcement trailer but is no where to be seen after that (the gameplay reveal trailer and the E3 playable build). I'm really surprised to see that he's not in already, especially since he's Ed Boon's favorite DC character.
probably still being fleshed out and will be officially revealed with Green Lantern so that way they can show Attrocitus v. GL and Grodd v. Flash

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
I'm REALLY enjoying the little other things @tylerlansdown and crew @ NRS are doing with how the characters hit each other after being selected. Plus, the victory poses, how they slow to a stop. Supergirl's is my favorite so far.

My requests so far:
  • The clash request options that I had
  • Camera needs to ZOOM IN if possible. I don't like how small Supergirl will be in comparison to Atrocitus.
I definitely agree with the camera zooming in. Full screen the characters feel way too far apart spacing wise. It's like they're shouting to one another and not ready to pummel each other with fists.

What were you clash request options?

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
There's definitely going to be at least two 50/50 high offense characters. I just hope they properly balance him/her out. Less damage, weekend neutral, differing speeds on openers. Something. That's one thing that was missing from mkx. Some characters didn't fill a style or niche. They were just good effective fighting game characters.

Anyone got more info on mechanics? I'm hearing we have clash, some kind of combo stop, kof rolls. What about backdashes or during blockstun. EX or MB moves? Double jumps? Air dashes? I'm dying over here
I can confirm we have mb moves. Grodd even has a double mb move that's pretty sick and leads to a stun state. Haven't seen backdashes or much block pressure since it's mostly test footage. No double jumps yet but I think Supergirl had an airdash. At the very least she and Grodd have float moves.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
I definitely agree with the camera zooming in. Full screen the characters feel way too far apart spacing wise. It's like they're shouting to one another and not ready to pummel each other with fists.

What were you clash request options?
The clash request I had was for after winning the clash, there would be a small window of time where you could hit different buttons to hit the opponent. For example: Batman does a flip and punches the opponent when he wins. It'd be awesome if he has other options like throwing mechanical bats or a kick.... basically, some added moves specifically for the clash.

Even make it to where you don't/can't choose but it's random.

Status
Not open for further replies.