What's new

General/Other - Tremor Tremor General Discussion Thread

The variation hurt the most was Metallic. Though many argued it's inadequacy when compared to Crystalline and After Shock I still found it just as effective in certain match ups. At this point however, the other two variations seem far superior.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
The variation hurt the most was Metallic. Though many argued it's inadequacy when compared to Crystalline and After Shock I still found it just as effective in certain match ups. At this point however, the other two variations seem far superior.
I don't know those buffs to his zoning are no joke. Faster rock spikes being thrown and insane damage possibilities from the lava boulder. I won't really argue that Metallic is better then Crystal, but it got buffed more then any other variation and is much better then it was. I just think that Aftershock overshadows Gold and Crystal overshadows Lava, but I guess that's the point.

Either way, I find it hard to say the 2 change hurts Metallic the most because it got significantly buffed.

CoviellotheGreat

Online is trash and dumb to play.
So I have a question concerning Crystalline. His EXdb1 is supposed to be +5 on block right? Then how come the frame data says it's -15, and I can punish it?

thlityoursloat

kick kick
So I have a question concerning Crystalline. His EXdb1 is supposed to be +5 on block right? Then how come the frame data says it's -15, and I can punish it?
Maybe your opponent still thinks it's +10 so they press buttons after it? It no longer jails into anything so you can armor or poke through their follow up since all of Tremor's normals are high now lol.

CoviellotheGreat

Maybe your opponent still thinks it's +10 so they press buttons after it? It no longer jails into anything so you can armor or poke through their follow up since all of Tremor's normals are high now lol.
No, I've been learning Tremor, and I've been in the lab testing it against Quan Chi's armor grab. It is a punish, because I can't block low in time.

Marinjuana

I'm pretty sure that was a hotfix shortly after patch. Perhaps the frame data isn't accurate because of that.

wselak

Noob
kind of getting off topic aren't you? but just so you know its how this community is.. ppl hated this game as much as they did mk9 and injustice. its always better where you been and where you're going community.

E

Eldriken

kind of getting off topic aren't you? but just so you know its how this community is.. ppl hated this game as much as they did mk9 and injustice. its always better where you been and where you're going community.
And telling someone to shut their "whiny ass up" is on topic? Oooookay.

wselak

Noob
and someone said it was fair for me to say that because he called nrs lazy bitches. i dont get why people spend time playing nrs games and on tym if they nasty things about the game

E

Eldriken

and someone said it was fair for me to say that because he called nrs lazy bitches. i dont get why people spend time playing nrs games and on tym if they nasty things about the game
It's called having an opinion. You can enjoy the game and not like the developer.

E

Eldriken

this is the only community in the fgc that does this though. its toxic
How do you know? Do you frequent every single community on the Internet every single day and read every single topic? I somehow doubt it.

Marinjuana

Honestly I find FGC in general to be some of the more ridiculous gaming communities, and that's saying a lot. But that's just how the internet is.

wselak

Noob
i'm not mad at all. i'll talk to anyone about it but it doesnt mean i'm mad. calling people bitches is nasty but you're proud of it. it makes sense though coming from someone behind a computer in this community

CoviellotheGreat

Man, I'm here to learn about Tremor. Let's get this shit back on schedule. I was doing wakeup baits vs. Sonya, and I found a weird thing with her EX Arc kick. So after you end a combo with db2, and if she wakes up with it (assuming you didn't do EX dd4) and Tremor blocks it, there's not much he can do to Punish it. For some reason at different ranges, Sonya gets pushed back differently after a blocked EX Arc. I asked for clarification from Sonyer players, but haven't gotten a reply yet.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
The 2 being high hurt Crystal more then any other variation because Crystal relies the least on zoning. I still use it and it's still great, but there's no way it's the best variation, Aftershock zoning is still amazeballs.

And Crystal can do 50% breakable damage with two bars with a reg starter. But that still doesn't make it better overall then aftershock. Atleast IMO.
Sorry, I have to disagree. Crystal is probably the best zoning Tremor because of DD1 and the PLUS, CANCELABLE ARMORED LAUNCHER. Aftershock air DD1 just isn't getting properly scouted and punished. Crystal can throw out whatever the hell you want in certain match ups without fear of many many moves (even as armored wake ups) and people eventually respect the shit out of it. Sub Zeros ice balls and slide got you down? Keep your armor up. Kung Lao teleporting all over the place? Random mileena rolls/telekick? Scorpion bullshit? The list goes on.

The armor is a huge huge deal. Do EX armor up in quan chis face and just crouch block and see what happens. It's hilarious.
It depends of the matchup. To me, Metallic is the best zoning variation against Kitana for example. Also, bf2 is mid in metallic.

Antlergroin

Sub-Zero main - Tremor and Scorpion scrub.
Clearly you've never been on r/Kappa. TYM is a pretty friendly community, as long as you don't ask incredibly stupid questions or shitpost.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
It depends of the matchup. To me, Metallic is the best zoning variation against Kitana for example. Also, bf2 is mid in metallic.

untrue, bf2 metallica is not a mid, its still a high

ps. blocked db2d to ex db2d?? why do you always play online prison rules lol