What's new

General/Other - Tremor Tremor General Discussion Thread

OmGxBdON

I'm going to make Fate top ten
So pretty much maining Tremor now. Got tired of all the problems that come with playing Kenjutsu online. I do have a question for the other aftershock players though. How often do you guys use Ground quake (DD1)? I kind of wrote it off early on as being not worth it compared to just corner rock drop set ups unless you can nail one of the ridiculously damaging set ups we had floating around when Tremor was released. I do feel like I might be ignoring a valuable part of aftershock and would like to hear from you guys on your experiences with it.

If you do use it are there specific match ups you use it in? Do you still use it now that Tremor has no fast starting mids for pressure when you go for the set up? That last one I think scares me the most about it. You go for the set up and now someone can just wake up and poke you out of it, where as with the rock drop at the very least they're going to eat some chip. Would love to hear what you guys think.
Aftershocks ex dd1 didn't get affected at all by the the patch. The guess is do I block. Do I wake up. Do I jump do I poke. It hasn't changed at all. I don't really use dd1 very often tho I should but I'd rather go for a rock setup. Nonetheless its a really good tool to use if u have the meter.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Can anyone give me some tips on how to deal with low profiling? It feels like I can't do anything about it against certain characters except get out. And then the rest I feel like I'm stuck doing d1, d3, d4 or a jump back aftershock ground pound.

It seems like no matter what I do, I can't get any respect against aggressive opponents close up. When I have them in the corner and get a knockdown, it's a different story. People who do give me a chance to get some of the high strings or occasionally the B1 I have much better luck, I've gotten better with my rock smash cancels and do a good job of keeping up pressure but a lot of times I can't swing the momentum in my favor. Waking up is a nightmare for me, against characters like Raiden I feel like I can't even get Crystals armor reversal off.

Anything input about that or general input on matchups against Raiden, Ermac and Liu Kang would be appreciated.

Can anyone give me some tips on how to deal with low profiling? It feels like I can't do anything about it against certain characters except get out. And then the rest I feel like I'm stuck doing d1, d3, d4 or a jump back aftershock ground pound.

It seems like no matter what I do, I can't get any respect against aggressive opponents close up. When I have them in the corner and get a knockdown, it's a different story. People who do give me a chance to get some of the high strings or occasionally the B1 I have much better luck, I've gotten better with my rock smash cancels and do a good job of keeping up pressure but a lot of times I can't swing the momentum in my favor. Waking up is a nightmare for me, against characters like Raiden I feel like I can't even get Crystals armor reversal off.

Anything input about that or general input on matchups against Raiden, Ermac and Liu Kang would be appreciated.
Yeah, I'm having the same issue. I get low profiled so much it's crazy, and I lose all of my momentum, and same as you, I struggle to switch it again.

It really feels you have to work 3x as hard to keep momentum up with him, because if you lose it against a rushdown char, it's gone for the round, pretty much.

Mortal Komhat

Worst Well-Established Goro Player Ever
stupidity!

turns out if you cancel f121 with lava shower vs. a big hitbox character and hold forward, it'll still hit them even if they don't techroll.

have fun!

OmGxBdON

U gotta make them respect your pokes and other certain tools. It's that simple either your not poking enough or your poke is just too slow to keep up with the character your up against. What I mean by certain tools, I mean like after f121, u gotta make a read are they gonna back dash, block,poke or armor. For poking, armor and possibly back dashing. U can do an air ground pound to whiff punish pokes, break armor and possibly catch backdashes. This is an example of how to deal with low profiling and other situations. Btw because people know that tremor doesn't have any mids they like to poke the shit out of you. This blows that up tho assuming you are using aftershock.

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
Thank you for the response. I'm approaching about 1,500 wins with Tremor so I apologize if my post seemed like I was just picking him up. I was just curious as in about 700 or so aftershock games, I think I've attempted 4 DD1s with the only one succeeding being the one I input errored out in the first place before panicking and grabbing the guy heh. I definitely feel Crystalline still has some merit even after the nerfs. I swap back and forth between Crystalline and Aftershock depending on what the match up is (Online cryomancer players is Crystalline all the way for instance). The changes definitely took some getting used to and I was disheartened to hear that Alucard was potentially dropping the character but I have faith in DJT to represent Tremor in tournaments, even after patch he's been rocking Yomi's streams with Tremor.
I really like exdd1. I don't use it all the time, but I definitely use it a good amount to mix things up. Its really scary if anything and makes your opponent freak out and commit to something potentially unsafe, which you can capitalize on. Mid screen I might end my combos with 123xxExdd1 in which case I'll run up and either bait something unsafe, back throw right before the fourth pulse which gives you a tech roll combo, or do a hard-to-blockable with 21db2d, etc. In the corner you get the same exact options except you can do the forward throw tech roll combo if they tech roll or you can go for the unblockable exdd4 set up.

Antlergroin

Sub-Zero main - Tremor and Scorpion scrub.
I don't really know where to post this, but i think i've found some new tech? Thanks to fighting against the AI i've found out that you can link
3 - EXbf4 into b2 - db2 for 28%. The link is really tight though, possibly a 1 frame link.

Edit* It's also possible to go from the b2 into db2d. I haven't been able to combo anything after that, but that's mostly due to my execution not being perfect. You might actually be able to do some weird stuff after this.

Last edited:

shura30

Shura
U gotta make them respect your pokes and other certain tools
yep, this in theory
in a real situation though, once they notice that your fastest poke d1 can be blocked and whatever you might want to do next is a duckable high the match is pretty much lost

E

Eldriken

yep, this in theory
in a real situation though, once they notice that your fastest poke d1 can be blocked and whatever you might want to do next is a duckable high the match is pretty much lost
Which anyone worth their salt will know before the match even starts.

I pretty much just play Jason now instead of Tremor. I just use him to troll people with Air Earth Shake and corner shenanigans. =P

The Highlander

There can be only one
yep, this in theory
But at the very least you stop them poking you to death. Unless it's F/T then you're fucked.

wsj515

yep, this in theory
Thats when you grab, jump back and air quake, empty jump back into db3, crossover jip, etc. Hell if they're waiting for a poke then you could easily throw in b1. There are more options than people realize that keep tremor in a good situation, and the enemy in a bad one, you just need to be creative. Stop being so doom and gloom, s2 as a high is not as good but saying "the match is pretty much lost" is preposterous.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Thats when you grab, jump back and air quake, empty jump back into db3, crossover jip, etc. Hell if they're waiting for a poke then you could easily throw in b1. There are more options than people realize that keep tremor in a good situation, and the enemy in a bad one, you just need to be creative. Stop being so doom and gloom, s2 as a high is not as good but saying "the match is pretty much lost" is preposterous.
^^^^ this guy gets it ^^^^^
tremor forum has been 90% complaining since patch, most of which is unneeded nonsense.

no ones 2 is mid, get over it people.
im glad people are trying to poke under it cause they can hold a ex shatter launcher for they troubles

its still works just like pre patch after pokes on hit, boulder on block and we even got two new ways to jail people with bf2 and ex bf4 getting more plus frames than they had before.
my guess is most of the complaints are from a online point of view where more than 10+ frames on hit doesnt always give a 10 frame normal :rolleyes:
the near dozen buffs and two fixes he got should be more than enough to make up for ex shatter being +5 on block instead of +10 and losing the mid.
cmon guys, dont be like "insert most recent crying character community here"

OmGxBdON

yep, this in theory
? After f121 u either poke or just do the string again for chip. It's not game breaking tremors plan. Some characters get the ease of having a fast mid. Just another thing u have to think about. It's still the same as I said before. Are they gonna poke, armor, block. No difference. I guess it's just some people can't learn to play with a character after its been tweaked with.

My fellow Tremor players please stop overreacting over the 2 high nerf, it sucks yes, but as said above he has other options after a D1 and after his setups as well. Not to mention 2 being high doesn't make it useless by any means

Also Tremor can now get more damage overall in the corner due to faster stone punch and his zoning has been improved, hes still a solid character!

2 being a high now is why Crystalline is now the best. The single hit of armor and activates deceptively fast. Hell, you can cancel into it into almost anything and punish single-hit reversal specials, armored or otherwise.

And the launching ex low is frankly amazing, as well as the mid version. Shit, Crystalline can do 50% UNBREAKABLE damage mid screen with 3 bars, starting with a hit confirmed Rock Drop

Marinjuana

2 being a high now is why Crystalline is now the best. The single hit of armor and activates deceptively fast. Hell, you can cancel into it into almost anything and punish single-hit reversal specials, armored or otherwise.

And the launching ex low is frankly amazing, as well as the mid version. Shit, Crystalline can do 50% UNBREAKABLE damage mid screen with 3 bars, starting with a hit confirmed Rock Drop
The 2 being high hurt Crystal more then any other variation because Crystal relies the least on zoning. I still use it and it's still great, but there's no way it's the best variation, Aftershock zoning is still amazeballs.

And Crystal can do 50% breakable damage with two bars with a reg starter. But that still doesn't make it better overall then aftershock. Atleast IMO.

Sorry, I have to disagree. Crystal is probably the best zoning Tremor because of DD1 and the PLUS, CANCELABLE ARMORED LAUNCHER. Aftershock air DD1 just isn't getting properly scouted and punished. Crystal can throw out whatever the hell you want in certain match ups without fear of many many moves (even as armored wake ups) and people eventually respect the shit out of it. Sub Zeros ice balls and slide got you down? Keep your armor up. Kung Lao teleporting all over the place? Random mileena rolls/telekick? Scorpion bullshit? The list goes on.

The armor is a huge huge deal. Do EX armor up in quan chis face and just crouch block and see what happens. It's hilarious.

Marinjuana

The Air Ground pound isn't easily punishable especially if you aren't throwing it out like a jackass. Which alot of people will let you do for sure. But combined with his other tools it's really effective.

The four characters you chose are characters I would use Crystal for. I never said the armor wasn't strong. Sub is easily zoned with any variation though. Except maybe when he's GM.

And in a full screen battle with someone who has decent projectiles, the armor is only doing so much.

wsj515

The Air Ground pound isn't easily punishable especially if you aren't throwing it out like a jackass. Which alot of people will let you do for sure. But combined with his other tools it's really effective.

The four characters you chose are characters I would use Crystal for. I never said the armor wasn't strong. Sub is easily zoned with any variation though. Except maybe when he's GM.

And in a full screen battle with someone who has decent projectiles, the armor is only doing so much.
Furthermore, to punish an air quake, your opponent must use an advancing move or run at the earliest frame, in which case you can meter burn the quake and they will get hit by the second pulse, popping you up for a full combo. Sure they could armor the second hit, but thats an expensive read.