What's new

TORYUKEN 4: Stronghold (May 16th-17th) + $500 Pot Bonus MKX

I agreed with you about the stages lol.

Sweet, if we play, I'll be stage counter picking you.
You agreed, but your statement of "they are no blockable" I think is going to fuel the fire of people thinking that its OK to pick stages.

Can't wait to play! Im looking forward to my first visit to Toronto!

HoneyBee

Flash God Lord
What was complicated about Random stage every time? In a game where stages actually make a big difference (not just the animals in the background or how far the corners are) I think you need to consider how powerful the choice of stages can be. No one should be allowed to select a stage that benefits their character. Thats like being astaroth in soul calibur and being able to pick the smallest stage for an easy win just to tie up the set or keep the lead with easy ring outs. This is why SC has always done random stage starts, loser can opt to pick ANOTHER random stage or stay on the same stage with same character.

This is also how we avoid situations like this where perfect legend just threw drones at deg at CEO, it was so sad that he was able to choose the stage, sealing deg's fate the moment he lost the first match, not when he truly should have lost.

@5:20 PL gets the option to go to doomsday (a power character) AND select a stage with broken drones that ONLY power characters had access too. Even though he was hit with only 3 drones, the THREAT of drones force deg to play a very upclose game to retain control, which is where doomsday strives most.

TLDR; in a game where stages matter, players should not have the option to select stage.
drones on rooftops were broken
PL does what it takes to win.
I think what will happen is we'll determine how big of an impact stages have on MKX from both our locals leading up to MKX and the general community's opinion. I'm sure some of these MKX rules are open for debate.

Shady

Noob
See you all there
Bring moneys to lose to me in MMs.

Also, these are important discussions, but I think stage and variation questions should be settled once the game is actually out. We need to see tournaments with and without and see how much it matters.

zaf

professor
Bring moneys to lose to me in MMs.

Also, these are important discussions, but I think stage and variation questions should be settled once the game is actually out. We need to see tournaments with and without and see how much it matters.
God damn man, I swear I do not remember you being this annoying lol

Mortal Komhat

Worst Well-Established Goro Player Ever
I'll see if I can go, finances be tight at the moment and I got summer tires to put on my car.

HEY MAYBE I CAN REAR END ANOTHER FUCKING CAR ON THE TRIP TO LIKE LAST TIME.

Granted I'd probably get bodied 0-2 but fuck it let's gooooooo (if I have the money of course).

Reactions: Ram

Shady

Noob
God damn man, I swear I do not remember you being this annoying lol
<3 :(:(:( <3

Someone said w1nter warz was the biggest scumbag/salt master of the Canadian community. I'm just acting to get the title back. Can't wait to see you MTL guys honestly.

I changed the venue in the thread. I'll update the pot bonuses later.

For anyone that doesn't know, TORYUKEN is now part of a convention that will bring pretty much any hype game out right now. Don't ask how I did (I sold my first born) and just enjoy the shows, indie corners, concerts and whatever else the convention has to offer. I mean after you lose to my Jadana.

If you are in Toronto, how about a Microsoft Store Apr. 13th MK Night.
Check in MK Canada fb for discussion. I need interest to proceed.

NeoRussell
P.S. Also, Jadana will win. $500 back to my pocket.