What's new

Top tier abusers VS Character "loyalists"

ProudDisciple

Average at Best
I watched Winter Brawl back in the end of Feb and these were the results.

Top 8
Kabal, Sonya
Mileena, Sonya
Kitana, Sonya
Cyrax
Jax
Kung Lao, Sonya, Kabal
Kitana
Sektor

Socal Regionals results

Top 8
Jax
Shang Tsung, Sonya
Cyrax
Kabal
Liu Kang
Kitana
Kabal, Cage
Kenshi, Mileena

zaf

professor
I like to usually find the character that helps me play my game. I usually pick my favorite characters, figure out the game then decide on just one. It usually ends up being the character with the tools i like in the specific game. These characters never end up low tier. Usually mid to high.

I also like when i need to play match ups completely different. As opposed to one dimensional characters. This usually gives me more ways to explore the game and find more ways to better my character.

Jeddite

Soul Kollector
If you are a tier whore, then you get treated like one. I'm not sure there is any more validity in defending tier whoring than there is criticizing those who mock it. Just my 2 cents.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
ill play joker no matter what tier he is and i AM in this to win.

ill just let my brain do the work instead of the extra tools i could have.

winning with a low tier is always more satisfying.

I'll use my main and have alts for bad MUs

but i wont be an asshole and go straight to top3 thats just gay..

thats why you have people like Infiltration winning tournaments with hakan

Sadly,most Characters I like wind up somewhere in the Top Tier list..
Back at Tekken 5 I played Feng, just because I'm chinese myself, and I really digged into his Kenpo fighting Style. And when the first Tekken 6 BR Trailers were released I immediately fell in love with Lars, who came out to be debatable one of the strongest T6 Characters. Luckily the same did not happen with Siegfried in SC5 , although my second got placed pretty high in the Tier List (Patroklos). But in Tekken Tag 2 I originally planned to pair up Lars with Devil Jin...
In this Game I probably stick with Batman and as far as Characterlist is known so far my secondary will be Green Arrow.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
The thing for me is that I have no loyalty to any character whatsoever, nor any play style. While I didn't really have a chance to show it in mk9 with it being my first fighting game and I spent a lot of time learning how to play, for injustice I plan to prove that I am a ruthless play to win kind of player that is going to do some serious damage on the east coast. My character will be no worse than top 3.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Mine either, pretty certain I own one of the best Kenshis in the community ;)

Sadly,most Characters I like wind up somewhere in the Top Tier list..
Back at Tekken 5 I played Feng, just because I'm chinese myself, and I really digged into his Kenpo fighting Style. And when the first Tekken 6 BR Trailers were released I immediately fell in love with Lars, who came out to be debatable one of the strongest T6 Characters. Luckily the same did not happen with Siegfried in SC5 , although my second got placed pretty high in the Tier List (Patroklos). But in Tekken Tag 2 I originally planned to pair up Lars with Devil Jin...
In this Game I probably stick with Batman and as far as Characterlist is known so far my secondary will be Green Arrow.
Hows that a bad thing?

I decided on playing Kung Lao months before MK9 was released, look what he's become.
But MK is an easy one for me to be able to pick top tier and not give a fuck, cause I like all the characters (except that bitch Jax)

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Mine either, pretty certain I own one of the best Kenshis in the community ;)

Hows that a bad thing?

I decided on playing Kung Lao months before MK9 was released, look what he's become.
But MK is an easy one for me to be able to pick top tier and not give a fuck, cause I like all the characters (except that bitch Jax)
yes you own one but not the "one"

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
My Kenshi could be the most brutal thing in existence, like some bio-nuclear-anthrax-nerve gas shit. But it doesnt matter because you've got a field to play yours on.

My Kenshi's playground suffers a metaphorical nuclear winter :(
We are blind brothers from other mothers separated by a sea of water but we will reunite at Evo to dominate

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
If you play in offline events or if your goal in general is to win, you should ALWAYS be putting yourself in the best position to win. Pick the character that compliments your playstyle the best or pick top tier. REO is the consummate example of this. Call him whatever you want, but he plays to win and he does what he has to do to get it done. Any other character choice is foolish and deserves no pity or empathy after a loss.

I personally....main whoever i happen to be the best or more comfortable with. I'm kinda of a newb still but i try every character out and get a feel for them all. Then whichever one i automatically r more effective with....that's the one i use and call my main. In mk9 i started with kenshi....gotta pretty good zoning game going with him but my rush down and counter game was shiznit....so, later after trying to get all trophies by beating the ladder with every character. I found Kang.....& boom, the first couple matches I just understood the basics of him and was pulling off 20 to 30% combo's pretty regularly. He became my main....and while i don't do fancy touch of death corner combo's with him....i feel good about all the match ups & feel confident if i hit confirm i can convert some decent damage or even out zone ppl...counter or whatever. I totally get the whole top tier picking for money though. U play to win.....if u don't use that top tier, the other guys will. It's survival of the fittest....wanna be the best...u have to use the best. Although, i do love me an underdog.

CY MasterHavik

Master of Chaos and Jax
my favorite old skool mk character is Jax and I struck with him even when he was bad until he got good. I'm starting to realize go with who fits you the best. In ps allstars I tried many characters out looking for the one that screams defense.....when I found out it was Ratchet. I was happy because I play almost all of his game and he mad good. I didn't pick him up because he was good. i pick him up because i loved the character. I feel Raven and KF may be characters for me, since they have defensive tools and offensive tools. I also love both characters from a story/design level too.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
i once got called a tier whore for using kitana and reptile....kitana an reptile got da buffs O:

PND i2 Gaug3

NERF Everything, LEAVE Nothing
I acctually was talking about this with members of The Hateocracy, in Mk I played jax and only jax cause I liked the character while playing said character my character choice was always in question by my fellow members, I was always told to play someone else because Jax is SHIT, I reassured them that in this game I have no loyalty to any name and will be choosing my final group of chars to play based on the sheer amount of hate i can generate with that character when I destroy my opponent.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
I believe in using whoever makes you happy, regardless of who you choose, the better player should always win (exception being perhaps the lowest of the low versus the top 5). If you NEED the top tier to win... congrats, you'll feel twice as bad if you lose to a character lesser than yours.

To me, games are first and foremost about FUN. If I can't win with Mileena, I blame myself, not the character. I go by aesthetics, and will simply not play a character who doesn't interest me outside of their tier placement. That being said, to each his own, and as long as you're enjoying yourself how is anyone to judge?

SoapBar

My pussy, my rules
Hey, as long as the top-tier player doesn't complain that they lost to a low-tier character, spouting bullshit like "Lawl, _____ should NOT be losing to _____", then there won't be any problems. You kinda have to put in work to win, regardless of who you play as.

I mean, it's not my fault that you keep running into these parries, is it?

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Here's hoping Low Tier char are a lot less obvious to find in comparison to MKs chars

Like I know the S Tiers will always be obvious, but I'm hoping there's few and people struggle to find Bottom Tier

Look at TTT2 King is still getting debated off bottom tier and top, which is a good thing it how's struggle, when there's no struggle choosing that Sheaves Low Tier that's when it's bad.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
I prefer to win legfitmately, people who abuse broken tactics are either not skilled, or wasting their skills.

I will be a character loyalist to Wonder Woman, but will have another 6 or 7 that I will switch between.
untrue, and you have learned nothing, people who abuse broken tactics can lose, and its your job to beat them, trust me, you name a broken tactic and i'll post a video on how how to beat it, its not hard. i like the challenge of beating broken character shit. i don't remember the last time i lost to a cyrax, and i use cage, but i played once since injustice demo came out, but making excuses on broken shit and justifying it by saying it takes no skill is beyond stupidity, learn and adapt, no broken shit can beat you if you don't get hit by it.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
untrue, and you have learned nothing, people who abuse broken tactics can lose, and its your job to beat them, trust me, you name a broken tactic and i'll post a video on how how to beat it, its not hard. i like the challenge of beating broken character shit. i don't remember the last time i lost to a cyrax, and i use cage, but i played once since injustice demo came out, but making excuses on broken shit and justifying it by saying it takes no skill is beyond stupidity, learn and adapt, no broken shit can beat you if you don't get hit by it.