What's new

Question The unanswered questions of mkx

UGL Preon

The Casual God
As for the sub matchup. Outside of some characters with long reaching normals that end up bypassing klone. Most characters see klone. And have to respect whatever this sub zero is going to do.

Guessed Right? Klone still there? Think again. Or untechable throw

Tried to Armor? It got broken.

Guessed Wrong? Welcome back to the Klone game with 30 to 40% less health than last time.

Does he 10-0 the cast like some say? No.

Are there options? Yes there always are. But because their are options that doesn't mean the options around that portion of the meta game are in your favor.

WhIle Sub Struggles at times mid screen. With a run button, stage sizes, the average corner carry of any characters combos in this game. The match will eventually be fought in the corner. And for the most part Sub is Okay with that.

There are a few characters that can punish every klone cancel. So there is that to consider as well. H
Polarizing

errormacro7

Official Sonya simp
Why are we all here?
Why did we choose this planet?
Why did we choose our parents?
Why did we choose our gender?
Why did we choose this lifeeeeeeee?

BanTheTesters

“My AGENT is tougher than you...”
where else should i put a meme thread? if they dont like it then they can move it
So This thread actually belongs in the "MKX" portion of the forums as normal threads do not go here..

If its a "meme" thread i can movie it over to Komedy where it belongs then but Ill move it on over please be mindful next time, thanks!

EDIT: Also ill kindly mention this once weather if its a "Meme" thread or not if you are asked not to post threads in a spot please respect the rules the site has asked you to follow/where to post.

NRS did everything right except balance, netcode was fixed, single player content and the best looking fighting game. They have the greatest man in charge Ed Boon and he's doing everything he can to make people happy both casual and hardcore players. I know for a fact Ed Boon cares about a balanced MKXL, Truth is it wouldn't really affect game sales if he didn't yet he still show he cares about the hardcore players too something I really appreciate as a hardcore player myself.

Colest

Mid-Tier 'Mancer Main
Same reason why most of the top players dont post on tym anymore. Its a cesspool with a very few amount of good people and posts.
I wonder if they'll finally figure out that that mindset has a negative impact on the community come Injustice 2.

Bilbo11

Noob
Why is fighting sonya like trying to catch a fly in your 2 fingers and then when you catch her you get bit because it was a mosquito?

Why is takedas d3 +1?

Why does alien have 3/4 screen buttons without a hurtbox?

Why can characters with safe 50 50s great mids and vortexs run at the fucking speed of light?

Why can mids be low profiled?

these are my favorite ones, lol'ed at the mosquito :p

I don't think it's as much of a concern. Known players may drop bits of information here from time to time, Pig, Reo, Dave, Fox etc. Then they leave to places where ideas can be discussed without the aids that occasionally pop up here. Discords, private chats, streams etc all the same level of discussion sans the headache.

hkriderz

Lin Kuei Scum, yellow robot enthusiast
I don't blame them honestly. The amount of facepalm in some of the posts you read is mind boggling

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
"Why can characters with safe 50 50s great mids and vortexs run at the fucking speed of light?"

That's probably one of my biggest questions. Characters that have 50/50's and guaranteed Jailing pressure have some of the best run speeds in the game. It further enhances their potato-ness when you can literally just run and do 50/50 where characters have to hold dat.

The top tiers of the game currently require minimal brain power to execute at a competent level.
This thread should be renamed to "I Hate Sonya and want her Nerfed"

But my question to you is: wait before i get into that let me explain that i don't like Sonya. now that that is clear, How would making them harder to execute change anyone's mind about said character?

If they are harder to preform the BS shit that Sonya and others have, why would it be any less bull Shit to have on one character? I understand that you are making a statement but many should realize Sonya is easy input character. but Even if she wasn't don't you think with how many people play this Fighter, that there wouldn't be thousands that could master the BS she has if we changed it to be Hard as fuck to do.

what im getting at here is simply why not just doing something like Remove them on hit or do something that actually take away the Bullshit. I think she could be a great Setup character but she should NOT be both Rushdown and Setup.

Think about My man Cyrax he has a Timer, he is not able to Detonate them at will, to make blockstuns and jailing pressure?

I think Sonya should be no different, either

1. Remove them on block.
  2. Make a set timing to explode and remove her capability of detonation.
This would make her Fair, it also couldn't hurt to slow down her run just a tiny bit.

just pick one, Detonate shortly after. or if you want to keep detonate, remove them when she gets hit on-block and after she is hit.

Last edited:

Hara-Killer

Reverse Salt
Why NRS Hate chameleon ?
Why NRS Hate Reiko ?
Why NRS Hate Fujin ?
Why NRS Hate Havik ?
Why NRS dont make a Horror fighting game Before 2022 ?
WHY ED BOON IS AN TROLLING DEMON ?

and... Why female chars r stupid like TOm KING brady said 10000 times...????

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
One of the absolute biggest unanswered questions of NRS games I have:

Why do female hitbox characters have small hitboxes with absolutely no knock-on effect? Females are just harder to hit because they're smaller characters, but they have the same, if not more damage than other characters. They're just as fast, have the same health etc.

Characters like Mileena and sonya are just harder to hit "because". I personally don't agree with it at all. if you think about it, it's just a straight up unfair advantage, lol.

You literally cannot pick a variation like Pretty Lady against a female because your main up close tool wiffs on hit. I hope that this gets address or relooked into for future games. Right now it is very unbalanced.

RyuuJin882

Twitch.tv/ryuujin882
Takeda'a air roll is 100% whiff punishable. Also it has no hurt box in the air, so it's actually not as good as many people make it out to be.

Online it is easy to abuse moves such as his air roll, just have to hold it. Paulo's vision.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Here are some questions i have about mixl please feel free to post what you think paulos vision is below and answer my questions if you can.

Why do sonyas grenades stay on hit?
Why does sonyas divekick have no recovery?
Why are people sleeping on special forces?
Why is fighting sonya like trying to catch a fly in your 2 fingers and then when you catch her you get bit because it was a mosquito?
Why is mix an accepted term when its basically saying "Jolly good 50 50s there my chap"
Why cant people learn the sub matchup instead of complaining? granted he rapes a few characters but most matches are greatly exaggerated and are winnable.
Why does takeda have an 11 frame mid that he can stagger to be -2 or 0?
Why does takeda have an non whiff punishable ball and reptile doesnt?
Why does takeda have a +32 low move that he can hold and create unblockables?
Why is takedas d3 +1?
Why does smoke have a -1 overhead?
Why does smoke have a + 4 or 5 on block launcher a 10 frame mid and a vortex?
Why do characters still only have 9f pokes?
Why are jumpins so good?
Why are grab techs different buttons?
Why are there pokes that are less than -5?
Why does alien have 3/4 screen buttons without a hurtbox?
Why does mileena have a basically safe on whiff advancing mid thats staggerable?
Why are there strings that are barely + on hit?
Why does kanos air ball become a low at certain ranges but an overhead at others?
Why did they buff cutthroat?
Why can characters with safe 50 50s great mids and vortexs run at the fucking speed of light?
Why can sonya break all armour and it still be her turn?
Why is unbreakable as useful as it was day one?
Why did they not give quan a decent wakeup in 2 of his variations?
Why can mids be low profiled?
Why cant nrs make a patch that doesnt give the low tier 567 buffs when they only need a few?
Why is kenshi in the game just put him out of his misery? (inb4 top 5 after patch r.i.p pig you get what you need after the big tourneys are over).
Why does subs slide have no whiff recovery?
Why am i too lazy to write the rest?
Because NRS are incompetent at game balance but y'all is still buying their shit after how many broken games.