What's new

Question The unanswered questions of mkx

C88 Zombieekiler

Up and coming sub zero
Here are some questions i have about mixl please feel free to post what you think paulos vision is below and answer my questions if you can.

Why do sonyas grenades stay on hit?
Why does sonyas divekick have no recovery?
Why are people sleeping on special forces?
Why is fighting sonya like trying to catch a fly in your 2 fingers and then when you catch her you get bit because it was a mosquito?
Why is mix an accepted term when its basically saying "Jolly good 50 50s there my chap"
Why cant people learn the sub matchup instead of complaining? granted he rapes a few characters but most matches are greatly exaggerated and are winnable.
Why does takeda have an 11 frame mid that he can stagger to be -2 or 0?
Why does takeda have an non whiff punishable ball and reptile doesnt?
Why does takeda have a +32 low move that he can hold and create unblockables?
Why is takedas d3 +1?
Why does smoke have a -1 overhead?
Why does smoke have a + 4 or 5 on block launcher a 10 frame mid and a vortex?
Why do characters still only have 9f pokes?
Why are jumpins so good?
Why are grab techs different buttons?
Why are there pokes that are less than -5?
Why does alien have 3/4 screen buttons without a hurtbox?
Why does mileena have a basically safe on whiff advancing mid thats staggerable?
Why are there strings that are barely + on hit?
Why does kanos air ball become a low at certain ranges but an overhead at others?
Why did they buff cutthroat?
Why can characters with safe 50 50s great mids and vortexs run at the fucking speed of light?
Why can sonya break all armour and it still be her turn?
Why is unbreakable as useful as it was day one?
Why did they not give quan a decent wakeup in 2 of his variations?
Why can mids be low profiled?
Why cant nrs make a patch that doesnt give the low tier 567 buffs when they only need a few?
Why is kenshi in the game just put him out of his misery? (inb4 top 5 after patch r.i.p pig you get what you need after the big tourneys are over).
Why does subs slide have no whiff recovery?
Why am i too lazy to write the rest?

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
Why does takeda have an 11 frame mid that he can stagger to be -2 or 0?
Why does takeda have an non whiff punishable ball and reptile doesnt?
Why does takeda have a +32 low move that he can hold and create unblockables?
Why is takedas d3 +1?
Why are jumpins so good?
Why does subs slide have no whiff recovery?
Yes.

Why cant people learn the sub matchup instead of complaining? granted he rapes a few characters but most matches are greatly exaggerated and are winnable.
Fk No. "few" as in 80% of the cast. Winnable my ass.

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
"Why can characters with safe 50 50s great mids and vortexs run at the fucking speed of light?"

That's probably one of my biggest questions. Characters that have 50/50's and guaranteed Jailing pressure have some of the best run speeds in the game. It further enhances their potato-ness when you can literally just run and do 50/50 where characters have to hold dat.

The top tiers of the game currently require minimal brain power to execute at a competent level.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
"Why can characters with safe 50 50s great mids and vortexs run at the fucking speed of light?"

That's probably one of my biggest questions. Characters that have 50/50's and guaranteed Jailing pressure have some of the best run speeds in the game. It further enhances their potato-ness when you can literally just run and do 50/50 where characters have to hold dat.

The top tiers of the game currently require minimal brain power to execute at a competent level.
So would you say the current state of the game being called Potato Combat would be accurate?

There is a patch coming, which basically means nrs admits the game is not ok at all right now.

Also, if people didn't point out what is wrong, it would never be fixed.
Does not make a difference if a patch is coming, as people will still complain till blue in the face.

That's probably true. People will complain with or without reason. But the thing is now there are true huge reasons to complain xD
Well, tbh, if I had to comment, i'd just want Alien adjusted, as personally i'm comfortable with the current build as it is. Let's hope FC is sorted this time around for yer.

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
I can answer two of the questions regarding takeda, the ball is for movement purposes for the other varietions Thai don't have a teleport, it is a luxury but hell I'll take it, however it can't be thrown out mindlessly either since it has no priority in the air, a jump in punch will blow it up 10 times out of 10, and you can get a solid combo off of that depending on your character, as a zoner you have to be aware of that tool so you can bait and punish accordingly, he isn't a character you mindlessly throw projectiles at as he will blow that up, as for the ex kunai the unblockable shit is bullshit and ex kunai should be made a mid instead of a low, and as for the +32, that is the case, sort of, you only get +32 if the opponent blocks all 3 kunai, which on the off rare chance it does happen you will be full screen and takeda can't really do anything off of it for blocking one of the three kunai I'm at about +5 which is very very solid and blocking 2 kunais I will be around +10 again very very solid although it wont happen as often but I can definitely capitalize. And no I'm not downplaying takeda, all 3 variations could easily be top 5 if not top 3, I'm just clearing up the misconceptions.