What's new

The Stick Thread

TankX

Noob
Haha, yeah. I'm an animation teacher, so, I have no experience with electronics. The thing I do know from animation, that is probably no different than programming, is to test often before making giant leaps, and the way the pdp stick is set up, it allowed me to test stuff before committing major changes.
Pics would be awesome if you have them, and yes very simular.

Dark Kobra

Hitbox™ Enthusiast
Great stuff Johnny2d! Like what you have done man ;) Is it still as easy to use??? Just that it looks like the stick may get in the way..... But really great work fella!

SilverKeyMan

Dropping Combos like a MotherFucker!
Received my Hori Fighting Stick V3 today in the mail.

The good: Very responsive controls, great feeling joystick, solid design. I'm not button mashing like I used to on the PS3 pad, so I'm very happy about that.

The bad: I'm having troubles with dashes and timing. Ex: Sub-Zero's NJP,b1,2,2,1,2,Slide. I'm going to have to learn this from scratch all over again.

A question about the TURBO button... is this worth even using? For Sub-Zero, I could easily turn on X-turbo only just for poking, but I don't really see how it'd be too beneficial. How does turbo help, exactly?

Cheers!

AC1984

Kaballin!
So it finally arrived! This is the first stick I've owned. I know, its not a custom job, but I wanted to make sure I liked it before I went that far up the price scale. Anyway, this is my stick. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. I'll make this my best friend.

Excellent stick, congrats on the AIAB!!!!

AC1984

Kaballin!
I heard that the Arcade Kollection is gonna hit soon and I noticed that a bunch of players ordered the Klassic stick along with the games. I wanned to celebrate the release properly by covering my stick with ultimate purple skulls and brand new T-molding.UMK here I come....

Cheat in a cardboard grill box

This is how I cheat...

Not really a stick but selfmade and works like a dream in mortal kombat...
only problem I have are on AE...

Just wanted to clarify that i'm not trolling or joking this is only temporal solution. This is only for testing for the layout of the buttons. I'm currently designing a test casing for the controller. I'll upload pictures of it when it's ready and tell you what are my thoughts of it's pros and cons. If i like it i might even keep it. I'll upload now the first drawings of the case. I know that it's pretty plain but it's not ready yet. The measures are in millimeters.

Velvet Sack

A Dream and a Dream
Finished modding my first stick. I must say, I'm pretty pleased with myself right now. :)

Parts:

Paewang Revolution PCB
Paewang Revolution Case, painted with Krylon Fusion gloss black spray paint
Seimitsu LS-56-01 Joystick w/ extra spring and bat top adapter
Toggleme aluminum bat top
Sanwa 30mms
Lami-label printout from Kinkos

The difference between the stock parts and their replacements is amazing. In fact, I somewhat suspect the stock parts were actually made out of peanut butter and graham crackers.

aj1701

Noob
I heard that the Arcade Kollection is gonna hit soon and I noticed that a bunch of players ordered the Klassic stick along with the games. I wanned to celebrate the release properly by covering my stick with ultimate purple skulls and brand new T-molding.UMK here I come....
Wow, epic. Great work!

Just wanted to clarify that i'm not trolling or joking this is only temporal solution. This is only for testing for the layout of the buttons.
Great idea. I'd love to see someone show up at a tourney though and win with that! ;)

Finished modding my first stick. I must say, I'm pretty pleased with myself right now. :)
You really should be, awesome mod!

The stuff in this thread is what made me want to learn stick. I hope I can get good enough to justify doing some awesome mod myself!

AC1984

Kaballin!

Parts:

Paewang Revolution PCB
Paewang Revolution Case, painted with Krylon Fusion gloss black spray paint
Seimitsu LS-56-01 Joystick w/ extra spring and bat top adapter
Toggleme aluminum bat top
Sanwa 30mms
Lami-label printout from Kinkos

The difference between the stock parts and their replacements is amazing. In fact, I somewhat suspect the stock parts were actually made out of peanut butter and graham crackers.
It looks awesome

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator

hi all,
this is my first stick. thought id post the pics (sorry for the quality)
made the switch to stick in june and never looked back :)
parts are all sanwa except for the bubble balltop
baraka always been my fav so he had to be on my first stick
all and all im happy how it turned out for my 1st go at art modding

ps. i never want to have to change the start and select buttons on a madcatz te every again!!

Question I'm trying to upgrade my pdp te stick with better parts. I'm ordering the IL comp joy stick. Do i need to get a separate spring? Confused on what buttons to get because everyone says cherry switches but the IL buttons don't have cherry switches on the 50 mg. Only on 75. Should i be getting the 75 then? Thanks for the help. And do I need anything else like springs or switches?

Does anyone know where I can replacement part for my Mortal Kombat Fight Stick? I am looking for the usb to mini female connector that plugs into the front of my stick. Thanks in advance...

Tim Static

Adminerator
Does anyone know where I can replacement part for my Mortal Kombat Fight Stick? I am looking for the usb to mini female connector that plugs into the front of my stick. Thanks in advance...
for the PDP? Its any PS3 charge cable, and its the same for a PS3 OR 360 PDP MK stick, fyi

My problem is that it is the female end of the cable that is broke. Not the cord that connects to the PS3, but the cord inside TE stick. It is where the USB connects and then runs to the PCB for the stick.

Dark Kobra

Hitbox™ Enthusiast
Here is my Hitbox style contoller..... I'm going to re-do it but here it is in its current state!!! I will try to do a video review soon!!!

Last edited:

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
Nice sticks guys! I would post pics of mine, but there not custom and everyone knows what they look like. I have the Tekken 6 Fight stick and the MVC3 TE stick.