What's new

General/Other - Takeda The Problem With Takeda.

zaf

professor
Wait...you can backdash after her B14? The overhead, low? I can back dash before the military stance mix ups??????
Yes. I like how I come in this thread to talk about sonya and disregard zyphox's first world problems hahaha.
After b1, just backdash to escape the b14 pressure. So B1 *Backdash here* 4.
You can even be blocking, mash on back dash and let go of block after the b1.
I was tired of sonya BS. so i went into the lab and picked sonya, had the AI go to reversal.
Solved my problems..... for now......

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
That is because people are figuring out their characters and realizing their potential, or lack of potential. Eg kitana, kenshi, shinnok, and now Takeda for lack of potential
Well I dunno about that... I played a Bone Shaper Shinnok last week that was complete beast. Most impressive I've seen yet, and was hard as hell to punish or get anything in. That was by far one of my most difficult opponents, and I lost more often than I won.

Then last night I fought another total beast... who was Kitana. I don't remember which variation, but damn did I get tore up. All I remember is damage combos with multiple ways to get them started. Once I finally learned all of his strategies though, I was able to win more consistently. Until he switched to Reptile, ha.

Mothmonsterman0

Mortal Kombat is NOT dead.
honestly though, how dose making a thread saying "my character has no options, because when x shit happens I'll get punished" rethink how you play em, go to the lab, or just play someone else if you think he is that bad. the game hasn't even been out for a month ffs -___-

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
Didn't know there was a gap between the overheads and the kunai. Good thing to know.

Really wants to like MKX
So, I'm new and not fluent to NRS games but what you said is very enlightening. Basically boils down to: Takeda is a scrub killer. If you don't yet understand the game or are casual then he looks REALLY good but beneath the surface he's flat out unsafe. That's kinda bizarre to me but falls in line with my personal opinions on NRS games. Ambitious but not nearly meticulously thought out as JP devs games.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
So, I'm new and not fluent to NRS games but what you said is very enlightening. Basically boils down to: Takeda is a scrub killer. If you don't yet understand the game or are casual then he looks REALLY good but beneath the surface he's flat out unsafe. That's kinda bizarre to me but falls in line with my personal opinions on NRS games. Ambitious but not nearly meticulously thought out as JP devs games.
To be fair, basically any character in a fighting game is a scrub killer.

protools27

Rebel without a scene
lol STFU how am i prop fishing? by saying that my character is bad? i like how i'm the ONLY target about prop fishing when multiple players have done this and it never comes up. and again, i care even less of what you have to say than any other member on this site, so good day sir.

Take$$$

gotta take it to make it
OMG what do we have here? is it Zyphox Crying about Takeda again?

Why yes it is, and to be 100% honest IDGAF what you, yes you reading this right now, think or what your opinion is on takeda. IF YOU DO NOT MAIN TAKEDA please do us all a favor and STFU when it comes to how he should be played or knowing of the struggle of fighting against a competent opponent that knows the MU/how to blow you up.

HERE ARE THE FACT PEOPLE OF TYM!!!
1. Takeda is the slowest character in the game, in terms of normals and specials.
2. the Compensation is that he has 1-2 moves that are strings that have range in two of his variations, that includes B21 in both Shirai Ryu and Lasher and Lasher has a df1 poke plus whip trip (1/2 screen punishable low option).
3. Shirai Ryu has the worst wakes up next to Rich Homie Quan Chi Chi.
4. every special move besides Kunai is punishable on block and whiff across all variations except MB blade call.
5. EVERYTHING BESIDES B11 KUNAI IS INTERRUPTABLE!!!! that means every Character that has a Forward Advancing Armored special move (which most of the cast does) can blow takeda up if he ever commits to a b2 in Shirai Ryu Variation by option select Armor through the string. which means still for those of you who do not get it, you can mash armor through any part of my string and you will beat me out in EVERY situation as showcased in the video below.

Those are the facts, if its supposed to be so hard for people to get in on takeda AND THAT IS THE REASON WHY HE IS SHIT UP CLOSE, THEN WHY THE FUCK CAN YOU JUST ARMOR THROUGH MY "GODLIKE" STRING AND GET IN EASILY? sorry for the caps, but it doesn't make any sense, i now realize that giving him faster normals will do nothing for shirai ryu and lasher variations, and would only help out ronin be lop sided and rushdown oriented instead of any kind of set up based variation.

Takeda has a Fundamental Flaw in his gameplay, everything he does at most ranges are unsafe, thats like making dhalsim's low Forward or whatever it is unsafe on block and punishable by most of the cast, what would be the point of throwing out such a slow move like that with range when you can just be punished for it. its not like you can't see it coming.

i'm not sure what they could fix to address this issue, but takeda is all risk/Slight reward. what is takeda supposed to do? play footsies at sweep distance? HA!!

Now just for a disclaimer: I AM IN NO WAY BLAMING LOSES OR ANYTHING ON ME USING TAKEDA!!! because at this point there are still many people who do not know the MU, but what will happen once they do? he will be ASS tier. Takeda has to work twice as hard to keep people out in this game by throwing out punishable shit and taking risk.

One more disclaimer: I REALIZE YOU CAN CANCEL B21 WITH TELE CANCEL, still is no substitute for the move because once you force me into canceling my string it opens up options for you to get in since every cancel is - frames and punishable by moves like reptiles slide.

i'm already looking at future mains just incase they do not buff/fix takeda, sorry i wanted to be a character loyalist in this game but its hard when your character has gaping holes like takeda does.
I highly recommend the bug lady if you end up dropping Takeda.

Belial

Noob
No special in the game can punish teleport cancel if done right. You still have a mixup after.
Also you did 8 min video about punishing specials and 1 normal. Must be something wrong with you. Or Takeda.

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
Well I dunno about that... I played a Bone Shaper Shinnok last week that was complete beast. Most impressive I've seen yet, and was hard as hell to punish or get anything in. That was by far one of my most difficult opponents, and I lost more often than I won.

Then last night I fought another total beast... who was Kitana. I don't remember which variation, but damn did I get tore up. All I remember is damage combos with multiple ways to get them started. Once I finally learned all of his strategies though, I was able to win more consistently. Until he switched to Reptile, ha.
those characters i was saying from what i heard, i have no experience with those characters so i cant say anything, that being said just because a character lacks potential and isnt tournament viable does not mean that it is impossible to be really good with said character. the player can be better than the character

I have a habit of maining mid to low tiers :( i agree with you zyphox. I just dont understand why the frame data for some characters is a bunch of 0s to -5 on block then for others its -21+. His strings arent safe without kunai and when you can just armor through kunai then what? I will continue playing takeda and accept him for what he is like i did with nightwolf in mk9.

Mothmonsterman0

Mortal Kombat is NOT dead.
I think you are living in an alternate universe
or I'm trying to point out that you should wait tell it's been longer then 3 weeks can call a character crap

i mean, call me crazy, but maybe don't cancel into kunai? say you're doing 33 and you keep getting blow up by armor. well, 33 is safe so if you block you get a punish!

I don't really see how is has shit normals. pokes are good. f1, and f1 1 are both advancing safe mids. f2 1 both his mid and are safe. so if you're getting punched in the face why not just block?

so this therad in a nutshell is "b2 1 isn't amazing, and I can't throw it out all herp derp like. nerf armor"

Last edited:

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
If people start jumping and armoring through kunai that is great for you, because you can read it the next time and punish them. Or you can do EX kunai which eats armor.

F33 is also a pretty fast normal iirc. He has problems for sure but I wouldnt put him in the realm of kenshi/kitana just yet.
Takeda has no f33. If you meant f3, it doesn't lead to damage and puts you point blank, where you have no pokes.

You can't punish someone armoring or jumping after b21, because it recovers far too slow. Instead, they punish you.

Etc. Many people chiming in who don't understand the character.

Last edited:

Really wants to like MKX
To be fair, basically any character in a fighting game is a scrub killer.
I don't wanna get too far off topic but can't really agree with that. Any person that knows what they are doing, that's a given. There are plenty of characters that when played with little knowledge of the game just don't do too well. Easiest example of what I'm talking about is early Eddy Gordo. When the character first dropped there was (and hell, still is) a lot of noise about how cheap he was. If someone knows how to block right and knows about low counter (i.e not a newbie/casual) then Eddy blows people up. In reality, he wasn't that bad when you really started playing the game. Many people weren't picking up Xioyu and doing nearly as well. She's only intimidating once someone was initiated.

Takeda looked that way telepunch, hookshots, and ranged attacks. Apparently forward moving armored attacks work very well against him mid string in addition to him being reportedly slower. Bark is much worse than his bite.