What's new

Combo List - Raiden The Official Raiden Combo Thread - All combos here

BigMilk

Former Divine Power Abuser
can someone tell me exact + frames for b14 LRC 21 and b14 LRC 214 LB ... I saw a lot of guys doing 214 LB ender (in the corner) and than try to wortex from there.. how good that setup is ? @delbuster
214~lb is +9 so they have 4 frames to armor if you go for 50/50. It has better damage but your post mixup isn't as safe. 21 is plus 22 or something so it sacrifices a little bit of damage for a mixup they can't armor out of

delbuster

hungry
pretty much. ending in lightning ball also does a little more damage but to beat them trying to press buttons you need to use a well timed f1 or b1, since they can escape the overhead/low mixup.

BigMilk

Former Divine Power Abuser
So can someone tell me the page with the most optimized combos for displacer and mos. I think my best 1 bar midscreen was 37% and roughly 40-43 in corner from 50/50 or max punish from both variations.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
214~lb is +9 so they have 4 frames to armor if you go for 50/50. It has better damage but your post mixup isn't as safe. 21 is plus 22 or something so it sacrifices a little bit of damage for a mixup they can't armor out of
If you end with lightning, even though you're only at +9... if they try to armor and you do f1 instead.... you'll blow them up since you're at +9 and f1 is 6 frames.

Here is a new combo I finally was able to get down. Not too complicated, but an easy and practical 1 meter 37%. Good for all variations.

I'm going to try and make sure I can get those orbs on the field better than I have. Gotta step up my game.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
UPDATE: added damage percentages, couple new combos, and corner meterless max damage/vortex for thunder god

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
At work and can't really tinker.. How difficult is Raidens execution on his practical and oft used BnBs?

Like Ferra/Tor and Kung Jin easy, or closer to the other end of the spectrum?

A friend is looking at getting mkx and I'm trying to sell him on Raiden possibly, but don't want to set him up with too difficult a character to learn since he's as green as summer grass.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
At work and can't really tinker.. How difficult is Raidens execution on his practical and oft used BnBs?

Like Ferra/Tor and Kung Jin easy, or closer to the other end of the spectrum?

A friend is looking at getting mkx and I'm trying to sell him on Raiden possibly, but don't want to set him up with too difficult a character to learn since he's as green as summer grass.
Have him play someone else. Lightning run cancels are super important and no fresh meat is going to get those down very quickly. Typically I'm used to trying to sell noobs into fighting games but people typically dont think spending hours in training mode is fun at all.... at first anyways.

delbuster

hungry
raiden has VERY easy beginner combos and pretty hard advanced combos. he is a decent choice for beginners.

f12b2(hold) superman
b32(hold) superman
b2 superman
njP b14 superman
exShocker b14 superman
f12 exShocker b14 superman
b33 exShocker b14 superman
(can do neutral jump punch after exShocker, need to run/walk up to connect b1)

(anti air) f1, 11 superman

corner
b2 b2 b14 superman
b32(hold) b14 superman
f12b2(hold) b14 superman

b2 b2 b14 exShocker b14 superman
b33 exShocker b2 b14 superman

Last edited:

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
I just want to keep him away from kung Jin. Friends don't let friends play KayJay.

When I get home later I'll hop on him and run through the beginners stuff you listed (thank you very much) and see try to get an idea how he operates on a more basic level. I'm not gonna lie though, I wouldn't mind learning him myself. A pocket Raiden is a mean tool to have. (I'm a Cassie main)

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
@Chaosphere

OP has this in it:

-After superman (not after all combos), you have the option to immediately input b32[hold] to blow up almost every armored move in the game. If you end a long combo with superman, you don't get the same amount of + frames on the knockdown which doesn't give you enough time to blow up their armored wake up with b32[hold].

This will lose to EX Wakeups that are faster than 18 frames if the opponent tech rolls. Even on raw superman. So it loses to most wakeups if they tech roll.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
@Chaosphere

OP has this in it:

-After superman (not after all combos), you have the option to immediately input b32[hold] to blow up almost every armored move in the game. If you end a long combo with superman, you don't get the same amount of + frames on the knockdown which doesn't give you enough time to blow up their armored wake up with b32[hold].

This will lose to EX Wakeups that are faster than 18 frames if the opponent tech rolls. Even on raw superman. So it loses to most wakeups if they tech roll.
That explains the inconsistency. Thanks.